Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: What's Your CVO Bike's Name?  (Read 70974 times)

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: What's Your CVO Bike's Name?
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2015, 09:57:02 AM »

All mine have been female names, but this new one...Woody. For obvious reasons!  :pepper:

hmmmmm  not really so obvious...

i see nuthin
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

ONE2BAJA

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2023 CVO Road Glide FLTRXSE Dark Platium 121vvt
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2015, 06:24:56 AM »

My ole girl is "Cilver Fox"!
"The difference between success and failure is the ability to work with a hangover"

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »

This is Elvis II
Obviously the same but different.
More chrome if that was possible.
Stock wheels to keep the 03 SERK theme
Will likely change the handlebars. Just not comfortable with these wide low bars.
That'll be all though.

B B

PS
   Thank you SCRM-R  BIG TIME for selling me back the Croc/Ostrich/Scottish Leather bags and seat . They've darkened up a bit over the years but still look fabulous. The owner of San Diego H-D ("New York Mike" Selby) who has three dealerships, one with a showroom with 300 new bikes for sale and is one of the largest dealerships in the world was drooling over them this past April and they are 12 years old now. I mean Mike can buy anything he wants and still was just nuts for these bags and seat. He wrote down Alligator Bob's info to see about a custom set for himself
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:27:42 AM by Spiderman »

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2015, 05:08:14 PM »

This is the original Elvis
That's CVO JOE in the picture with me.
He sold me his 2003 FLHRSEI2 which is now Elvis II

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2015, 06:30:27 PM »

Now that's what I was thinking about. Looking good B, glad to see this. Now you better have someone take a good pic with you on it to frame and put on the wall. :drink:

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2015, 06:31:37 AM »

Now that's what I was thinking about. Looking good B, glad to see this. Now you better have someone take a good pic with you on it to frame and put on the wall. :drink:

Which one do you like better Terry ?
Any suggestions on how it could more "Elvis"

B B

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2015, 06:43:59 AM »

This bike is not a CVO but it has a name  Los Dragones. This bike was originally pieced together to be a long miler. I made several Pacific to Atlantic trips on it until arthritis and and balky heart made riding more than a few hundred miles a day a memory.I rode it to Maggie Valley from San Diego two weeks after buying it and continued to Florida and back to California making that an 8,000 mile round trip. It made two trips from San Diego to Maine and back.  Nowadays it is my Maine  bike and I have enjoyed many many cruises around New England on it. From the rocky coast to the snow topped mountains.

I had had a 2000 CVO Road Glide and when by 2007 H-D had not offered the RG again I decided to more or less make my own "Faux" CVO
The engine was boosted to 103" with a nice selection of Screamin-Eagle parts. The paint was modified to reflect the themes used in previous CVO's (ghost flames, side panel stripes etc) and all the regular CVO extras were added.  Lo and behold in 2009 H-D comes back with one of the best CVO models EVER in the RG or any other model, however I was not in a position to buy a new bike at that time. Anyway, the name got screwed up. It was supposed to have been Dos Dragones for Two Dragons after having done the tail of the dragon twice and also paying homage to the age old biker curse of having two dragons (booze/drugs)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2015, 05:35:26 PM »

Been on this site off and on since summer of '04 and this is the strangest thing I have ever read. I have never known anyone to name a bike/car, a few boats but that for some reason seems different and although I have had several boats I passed on that deal as well. But if I know anyone who actually has a name for a bike or car they are too embarrassed to mention it, but on here people actually seem proud. Beyond my comprehension.

HN Man

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide Starfire Black - FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2016 Softail Deluxe Red Sunglo - FLSTN
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2015, 01:26:35 AM »

Well here's mine ...... Drum roll ..... "The bike"

I'm with CVODon
2015 CVO Street Glide - FLHXSE
Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames
&
2016 Softail Deluxe - FLSTN
Mysterious Red Sunglo & Velocity Red Sunglo

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »

Been on this site off and on since summer of '04 and this is the strangest thing I have ever read. I have never known anyone to name a bike/car, a few boats but that for some reason seems different and although I have had several boats I passed on that deal as well. But if I know anyone who actually has a name for a bike or car they are too embarrassed to mention it, but on here people actually seem proud. Beyond my comprehension.

I fail to comrehend the reason you made this post ? 
Are you chitting on us ? 
Cause if you are, be a man and come out and say so.
If you're not then your post is beyond useless
You talk like a Wing Ding owner

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2015, 03:08:39 PM »

Anyone's limited or expanded comprehension notwithstanding; what difference does it make?  My bikes don't have names (unless I'm pissed off at them, then the names couldn't be shared here anyway).  But if someone else does; so what?  I can easily "comprehend" someone calling a bike or car by name.  Just because I don't doesn't make me more enlightened or in some way more divinely realistic. 

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2015, 04:23:49 PM »

Anyone's limited or expanded comprehension notwithstanding; what difference does it make?  My bikes don't have names (unless I'm pissed off at them, then the names couldn't be shared here anyway).  But if someone else does; so what?  I can easily "comprehend" someone calling a bike or car by name.  Just because I don't doesn't make me more enlightened or in some way more divinely realistic.

Couldn't have said it any better than that.
Is a name for a CVO that much different than a vanity plate?

Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' Eagle® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2015, 04:25:35 PM »

Remember when all bikers understood if I have to explain you wouldn't understand?  Remember when bikers who didn't understand accepted that individuality was what made the biker lifestyle so great.  Not patches or lack thereof, but truly living your life the way you want as long as your not hurting or taking from some one you embrace the differences that keep life so interesting.

My bike is screaming nemo. The first bike I've ever named and only because when I saw it in a catalog I said it was the ugliest fricken bike Harley ever made.  It looked like a fricken clown fish.  Then I saw it in the sun.  Then I bought it.  Then it got a name and a custom logo drawn by me.  I'd say some times a bike reaches you in ways that may seem foreign to those who can only see the spec sheet. For others it's just a machine.  Either way it's a shame to call it out as something other than that.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »

Remember when all bikers understood if I have to explain you wouldn't understand?  Remember when bikers who didn't understand accepted that individuality was what made the biker lifestyle so great.  Not patches or lack thereof, but truly living your life the way you want as long as your not hurting or taking from some one you embrace the differences that keep life so interesting.

My bike is screaming nemo. The first bike I've ever named and only because when I saw it in a catalog I said it was the ugliest fricken bike Harley ever made.  It looked like a fricken clown fish.  Then I saw it in the sun.  Then I bought it.  Then it got a name and a custom logo drawn by me.  I'd say some times a bike reaches you in ways that may seem foreign to those who can only see the spec sheet. For others it's just a machine.  Either way it's a shame to call it out as something other than that.
Amen!!!!... I didn't name mine (other than the names Don has named his at times when they piss us off)... but don't see a problem w/those that do... Hell.... probably the only reason I didn't name mine is I'm not creative enough to do it. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2015, 05:33:32 PM »

Amen!!!!... I didn't name mine (other than the names Don has named his at times when they piss us off)... but don't see a problem w/those that do... Hell.... probably the only reason I didn't name mine is I'm not creative enough to do it. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Just realized I was a lying bastard when I said I'd not named my bikes (other than temporarily when pissed off at them for some reason).  The red bike had a name.  It was, well... the red bike.  As distinct from all the other red bikes I've had.  Now that's f&^(*ng creative; dammit.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 22 queries.