Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Why a CVO instead of a standard model?  (Read 28108 times)

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
Re: Why a CVO instead of a standard model?
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:
well my wife thought that by spending 30+ on the bike with "everything " the bike needed I would not be spending more money on it 2 weeks after riding my 12 FLTRXSE home she came into the garage and asked how much more chrome can you possibly be adding...well its still an ongoing transformation.  She should have known when I stop at an exhaust shop on the way home with my new pickup trucks...
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2015, 09:41:07 AM »

well my wife thought that by spending 30+ on the bike with "everything " the bike needed I would not be spending more money on it 2 weeks after riding my 12 FLTRXSE home she came into the garage and asked how much more chrome can you possibly be adding...well its still an ongoing transformation.  She should have known when I stop at an exhaust shop on the way home with my new pickup trucks...

Yep, some of these guys even went so far as to tell their wives "see baby, it already has everything".  :huepfenlol2: 

So adding more chrome? and new truck(s)?  Requires posting some pics.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2015, 12:33:36 PM »

Yep, some of these guys even went so far as to tell their wives "see baby, it already has everything".  :huepfenlol2: 

That's what I told my wife. A few months later I ordered a custom leather seat that'll cost me $1700
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »

This is my first CVO . What has surprised me since I got it is all the crap I'm getting from my regular riding groups about buying a high end bike. 

Funny, I was just telling my wife that a "friend" I used to ride with has not contacted me since seeing my new CVO Breakout a year ago. I told her I thought it was because he was envious. Well, too bad for him. I worked my butt of for ten years writing adventure books as a sideline before I could afford this bike. I'm 66 years young and love it! I'm amazed at how many people stop and comment about how beautiful it is. I parked in front of a convenience store yesterday and had a soda. Eight different people, young and old, stopped to ogle the bike and tell my how much they liked it. The number one descriptive comment I get on my blaze orange Breakout is "Badass!"    :2cr_01:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:01:42 PM by RoadDawg »

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2015, 06:26:24 AM »

It's my belief that you can and should do whatever you want with your own motorcycle to make it yours and make yourself happy with it. BUT, you should never discard OEM parts. It's relevant whether or not there is any value in them. Some are and some aren't BUT, if you're going to trade or sell in the future then you should be able to offer the next owner the option of returning the bike to OEM condition
How say you ?

B B
I kept all my original parts, right down to the bolts and nuts. I feel it will greatly increase the bike's value down the road, especially twenty, thirty, forty years later if I decided to keep it in the family.

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2015, 06:33:04 AM »

Resale tends to vary depending on where in the country you happen to be, but IMHO many of the old claims about retaining value, not only for CVO's but Harley's in general, went out the window back before the Great Recession when Harley increased production capacity and started cranking them out like McDonalds. 

Jerry

The dealer here in Greenville, SC is getting fantastic prices for CVO bikes. Even ten-year-old bikes are selling for about 2/3 original value. They had a 2013 Breakout with 3500 miles that sold for $24,000. They went for $28.000 new. Baggers are selling high as well.

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »

I got my CVO RK for the price of a Street Glide Special. I would have done a lot of things like shift lever and linkage, brake lever, various covers, etc. that I didn't have to do with the CVO. So after taking the SG Special way above what I paid for the CVO I still wouldn't have the paint, wheels, or 110.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

viper67z

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

• CVO1: 2007 Ultra Classic Screamin Eagle CVO
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2015, 10:47:12 PM »

I know this has been up for a while but I just saw it. My wife and I had always ridden metric bikes. I always wanted a Harley but couldn't justify the cost to make it look like I wanted. I didn't want it look like thousands of others. On July 6, 2014 we were riding with a buddy and his wife. His 2011 Ultra needed a back tire badly do we stopped at our local HD. As we were waiting for the service to be done our wives started browsing through the showroom. By the time we caught to them a salesman was talking to my wife. When he asked me what was stopping me from giving up metric I told him it was the cost. He smiled asked me to take a look at a red Ultra. Now i like red but my wife said no to red until she saw it. "It" was a 2007 FLHTCUSE2. My wife immediately turned to me and said "I like that red." I didn't know the significance of the CVO until that moment. I ran the book value of it against my buddy's 2011 standard. To my surprise the sale value was slightly more than his 4 year newer bike. The next thing I knew I was signing paperwork. I know it was used, but it only had 8400 miles on it, it was the HD I've always wanted without pouring thousands of dollars in aftermarket parts. It definitely doesn't look like any other bike in my area. I always get the same questions of how much did you pay for this or that item and I just say it's a CVO, it came factory. The bottom line for me is I love the uniqueness of my CVO and probably would still be riding metric if I hadn't been introduced to the CVO branding.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2015, 03:35:52 AM »

My last Harley was a brand new 2009 BLACK FLHX. I spent thousands trying to make it mine and still couldn't find it half the time at bike nights, etc because it was just like every other black FLHX. I've had Ruby for almost 3 years and I've never seen one like her in my hometown. I saw one at a bike night 120 miles away and a few at Sturgis in '13.  Add the resale value and we have a winner.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2015, 07:53:49 AM »

Well you know bikes similar to ours are out there somewhere Jesse predicated on how many they produced in a particular year and paint scheme. I've seen three tribal orange bikes like mine since 2013. One going down Santa Monica Boulevard, one parked at a restaurant in New Hampshire, and I passed one while traveling on the Maine Turnpike. Can't say it's unique, but it appears to be rare.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2015, 08:10:54 AM »

One of mine is the blue CVO Limited (14). Tons of them out there and not at all unique.

If I wanted a one off I would get a custom paint job.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2015, 11:15:40 AM »

I have seen several like my CVO Limited and instead of getting raw about it I say to my self, "damn that fellow has good taste". ;)

I have not seen a yellow CVO Fatbob like my 09 on the road yet. My new Indian Vintage is a one off pain t by the dealer in a '57 Chevy Belaire Blue and White.

AND quit complaining about how much they cost. :D If they were cheap they'd be a ton of them out there. Price culls.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2015, 06:40:12 PM »

Guilt & shame.  Just didn't cotton to being a member of a CVO Site, and ridin' up on a mere Ultra!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  8) Later--HUBBARD
I always thought OL Maudie was just grandfathered in all this time. ;D

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2015, 06:46:15 PM »

I have a question. Yes it's off topic but I have wondered about this.
Say you buy a car at a Barrett-Jackson auction.
You win the bid and the bid is 1 million bucks (easy number to work with)
How do the fees work? As the buyer is there a fee on top of the million?
Or is the fee included in the million dollar bid?
What is the fee to the seller? Are the fees set or are they negotiated?
Just wondering?

To me, a lot of people go to the Barrett-Jackson auctions just to be seen on tv.

Sorry to go off topic but didn't know how it works.

SBB

Something like 10% fee for the buyer and the seller on top of the buying bid and about 2k just for one of their detail jobs.

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2015, 01:16:44 PM »

I’ve always been infatuated with the 2013 Road King CVO. Had been telling my friends that eventually that is what I’d like to get. One popped up locally in May and I couldn’t stop myself.
I wanted something good for trips with music and cruise control, but didn’t want a bulky fairing. The 2013 RK pretty much summed up everything I would want in a custom bike. Not to mention I wouldn’t have the same exact model as everyone else on the road. I don’t want to leave a bar and wonder which motorcycle is mine. I wasn’t necessarily looking for a Harley or CVO. In fact if another company made this particular bike I would have bought it. Just happened to be Harley that met my needs.

From the research I did when looking for the RK, I found it interesting that people buy them, and hardly touch them. Many bikes 3+ years old with only a few thousand miles.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.