Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Why a CVO instead of a standard model?  (Read 28028 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Why a CVO instead of a standard model?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 11:16:44 AM »

Bentley  Dr. D? Wowza. I agree the 110 leaves much to be desired. Big ol' hot air pump!

I, too put too many miles on my bike for a good valued trade but I will keep this bike for many years to come.

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 11:38:17 AM »

Sometimes I wish that I could buy a bike, leave it alone and just simply ride it with an occasional wash job,  but for some reason I cant.....

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 12:03:32 PM »

Bentley  Dr. D? Wowza. I agree the 110 leaves much to be desired. Big ol' hot air pump!

I, too put too many miles on my bike for a good valued trade but I will keep this bike for many years to come.

Jesse

You want a Bentley ?
Go to Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction and be patient
There will be enough Bentleys that at some point, one will come up on the block late in the evening when the crowd is bereft of deep pocket guys
I've seen several 2005 Armitage models go for infer $50k this year
I'll pay $50k for a used $250k vehicle any day over $70k for the brand new Caddy V-Sport I want

B B

ultrarider123

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »

I really do identify with having to have the best and the most expensive of every item i buy. Sickness!!! I even went out to buy a used two door convertible for my midlife crisis and after looking around I found Mercedes, Porsche and Jaguar not good enough and bought a Bentley GTC. Just like CVO hard to go up from here. :-X

Well, there ya go....that ought'a cool that old mid life crisis right back down.... ;D

USI motors by any chance, Doc?  They have all the toys that I'd like to eventually get into a garage.... :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:00:35 PM by Haird »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 12:44:27 PM »

You want a Bentley ?

I have a question. Yes it's off topic but I have wondered about this.
Say you buy a car at a Barrett-Jackson auction.
You win the bid and the bid is 1 million bucks (easy number to work with)
How do the fees work? As the buyer is there a fee on top of the million?
Or is the fee included in the million dollar bid?
What is the fee to the seller? Are the fees set or are they negotiated?
Just wondering?

To me, a lot of people go to the Barrett-Jackson auctions just to be seen on tv.

Sorry to go off topic but didn't know how it works.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 01:19:52 PM »

You want a Bentley ?
There will be enough Bentleys that at some point, one will come up on the block late in the evening when the crowd is bereft of deep pocket guys
I've seen several 2005 Armitage models go for infer $50k this year
I'll pay $50k for a used $250k vehicle any day over $70k for the brand new Caddy V-Sport I want

B B
Negative Spider. I'd rather have a '67 Chevy Nova SS  ;D

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

ultrarider123

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 01:28:21 PM »

I have a question. Yes it's off topic but I have wondered about this.
Say you buy a car at a Barrett-Jackson auction.
You win the bid and the bid is 1 million bucks (easy number to work with)
How do the fees work? As the buyer is there a fee on top of the million?
Or is the fee included in the million dollar bid?
What is the fee to the seller? Are the fees set or are they negotiated?
Just wondering?

To me, a lot of people go to the Barrett-Jackson auctions just to be seen on tv.

Sorry to go off topic but didn't know how it works.

SBB

:jack:  Hey Chip, the cost of the "winning bid" does not include any fees.  Those are over and above the price on the bid.  Sorta like getting a selling price at the dealer then the "out the door" price that includes it all.  The amount of the fees is based on what the auction provider sets prior to the auction.  I'm not sure what B.J. charges for their fees but probably on their website.
Hope this helps sir.

Now back to your regular, scheduled discussion.... ;D

guitarider

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 01:48:07 PM »

I bought my 07 CUSE2 used with 12K miles on it in 2010 for $23K.  I bought it because I had looked at a new 2010 Ultra Limited at $about $19K or so and realized I was going to sink at least another $5K into Chrome, HID headlights exhaust etc.  Twas a no brainer for me.  Now 5 years later that 07 has 22K miles on it and I still get compliments on the Black Ice and Orange paint scheme.  At some point in the next couple of years a 10 year old bike, like a 10 year old car, will start to cost me serious coin.  So I will look for another CVO, but a USED LOW MILES used CVO 13, 14.  I recently test rode a 15 CVO Ultra.  Great ride but no way worth $40K.  I realize it's all a matter of personal opinion. Some guys and gals want the new bike - the warranty etc.  That's great.  Just not worth the extra cash to me I guess....but having a limited run color scheme and fully decked out bike that you make incremental tweaks to and have a sweet ride and let someone else take the depreciation hit is the way to go, for me!

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2015, 03:01:15 PM »

I didn't even know what a cvo was until some nut named jc emailed and said i had to have one. I was ok with whatever so i bought the banana and joined the cvo harley site. this was october 2004. Glad i didn't buy the electra glide standard i had ordered too. Told my wife that i would never have to buy any extras that the cvo came with everything!! Still have it too

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2015, 03:14:25 PM »

Jesse

I saw that old Road King last night still at the dealer and thought I'd love to buy it back BUT only if I could put the new larger front end on with upgraded shocks and the 120R.   What an idiot????? Buy the old one back so i could dump even more cash into it????? HELL YEA! When your sick it's best to learn to enjoy it.

Yes Haird USI. Eric and I have become somewhat friends. I remember what the owner Mehdi told me when I was considering the SL550 and I told him that i might trade up someday but the Bentley was more money than i wanted to spend. He said, in a strong middle astern accent" is good you buy the mercedes now and when you grow up you buy Bentley". What truth? Why settle for something less than you want now so you can come back latter and get what you really want and spend even more money loosing on trades. Screw it!! BUY CVO!

This may not apply to Jesse but the rest of you old farts better watch out. Don't save and put off for latter when you ain't got a lot of that left. :drummer:

ultrarider123

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »

Don't save and put off for latter when you ain't got a lot of that left. :drummer:

Only one guarantee in this life and that is nobody gets out alive.....

USI is one heck of a place.  I swing by every once in a while to dream a bit.  Almost bought a DB7 they had last year....shoulda dun it.
Good for you, doc.  How 'bout a picture in the "what sits in your garage next to your harley" thread.... :nixweiss:

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 04:00:19 PM »

Only one guarantee in this life and that is nobody gets out alive.....

USI is one heck of a place.  I swing by every once in a while to dream a bit.  Almost bought a DB7 they had last year....shoulda dun it.
Good for you, doc.  How 'bout a picture in the "what sits in your garage next to your harley" thread.... :nixweiss:

I'll give it a go. Actually i have one pic that is a close up of the rear of the car in gloss balck paint that has the refection of the CVO Fatbob. artsy bs.

I drove the Ferrari F430 and liked it but it was not so practical as the GTC. Aston has some reputation of high maintenance costs also.

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 04:16:44 PM »

For me, I had just sold my 2012 Street Glide and I was looking at purchasing a 2015 Street Glide Special. I went to three dealership just so I could give ever color in the lineup a fair shake. My eye was drawn to the brilliant silver metallic paint. So, I went home with a parts book and I spent days looking at that book, marking pages with sticky notes. Then I went back to the dealership and spent three hours building the bike. The first thing we did was roll a stock SG Special over to a desk and thumb through the parts book, adding the parts that I had picked out. Of course it was just on paper.

I may have had 20+ pages marked with a sticky note. And while putting it together at that desk, I found a few more things to add to the build. After hours of crunching numbers it was easy to see that my wish list was over the top. The bike had went over the 40K mark.

The parts guy said; Have you thought about buying a CVO?

Not at all, was what I said and I really hadn't thought of buying a cvo. As far as that goes, I had never considered a cvo. I guess it was always the upfront cost that had turned me away. But, almost every Harley that I have owned ended up being around what a cvo would have cost me. The only difference was I spread the cost of my bikes across a few years of ownership.

The cvo was more bike than the one I was trying to build and it was less money. You just can't build a cvo for what you can buy one for. I had seen cvo bikes over the years but this was my first real introduction to the CVO… Only a few days later, I had one parked in my garage. "Yes, you read that right" My cvo purchase went from an idea to reality in less than a week.

I got my Silver paint, with a twist… No Regrets!
Hard Candy Mercury/Smokey Quartz Flames
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
Rinehart 4" exhaust with Black tips
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Yaffe Originals CVO Stealth III Plate Cover
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Motor Mount Linkage
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent
OEM Chrome Passanger Back Rest & CVO Pad
OEM Chrome Saddlebag Latches

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2015, 04:23:40 PM »

For me, I had just sold my 2012 Street Glide and I was looking at purchasing a 2015 Street Glide Special. I went to three dealership just so I could give ever color in the lineup a fair shake. My eye was drawn to the brilliant silver metallic paint. So, I went home with a parts book and I spent days looking at that book, marking pages with sticky notes. Then I went back to the dealership and spent three hours building the bike. The first thing we did was roll a stock SG Special over to a desk and thumb through the parts book, adding the parts that I had picked out. Of course it was just on paper.

I may have had 20+ pages marked with a sticky note. And while putting it together at that desk, I found a few more things to add to the build. After hours of crunching numbers it was easy to see that my wish list was over the top. The bike had went over the 40K mark.

The parts guy said; Have you thought about buying a CVO?

Not at all, was what I said and I really hadn't thought of buying a cvo. As far as that goes, I had never considered a cvo. I guess it was always the upfront cost that had turned me away. But, almost every Harley that I have owned ended up being around what a cvo would have cost me. The only difference was I spread the cost of my bikes across a few years of ownership.

The cvo was more bike than the one I was trying to build and it was less money. You just can't build a cvo for what you can buy one for. I had seen cvo bikes over the years but this was my first real introduction to the CVO… Only a few days later, I had one parked in my garage. "Yes, you read that right" My cvo purchase went from an idea to reality in less than a week.

I got my Silver paint, with a twist… No Regrets!

Great story. I just bought my wife a new SG Special that was a custom paint job with a lot of the bling of the CVO. It ended up costing a few G less thana CVO but close with only a 103 motor. Why would I do that? Call me stupid of call em married? Are they different? She loves the bike and it is prettier than the CVO models out this or last year. It is truly a one of a kind.

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 04:34:29 PM »

That is the one thing that I gave up with this purchase. "It is truly a one of a kind" as every bike I have had was always one of a kind.

But it has already started with my 1000 mile service. I had them put a chrome inner primary cover on it, True duels and a dyno tune.

Hard Candy Mercury/Smokey Quartz Flames
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
Rinehart 4" exhaust with Black tips
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Yaffe Originals CVO Stealth III Plate Cover
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Motor Mount Linkage
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent
OEM Chrome Passanger Back Rest & CVO Pad
OEM Chrome Saddlebag Latches
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.