Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Yet another windshield thread  (Read 10151 times)

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
Re: Yet another windshield thread
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 09:42:40 PM »

Yes, I forgot to qualify my eval.  No tourpak or BSR.  My BSR is grounded for several months with back surgery.  The KW Sport may indeed cause unpleasant buffeting to a BSR.  Hopefully, someone else on this forum can fill in the blanks.

Afdharley

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 10:04:57 AM »

Yes, I forgot to qualify my eval.  No tourpak or BSR.  My BSR is grounded for several months with back surgery.  The KW Sport may indeed cause unpleasant buffeting to a BSR.  Hopefully, someone else on this forum can fill in the blanks.

Well that would be a deal breaker. Wife is very happy with stock set up, I don't want to make it worse.

Looks like
Freedom Shield may be the way to go for us.

Thanks all

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »

14" Freedom shield in light smoke/tint. Same height as the stock shield. I think just a hair wider in the corners. ABSOLUTELY NO DISTORTION in the recurve. I looked every way I could. Top quality all the way :2vrolijk_21:

Here's some pix. I had the wife hold a beach towel in the background so the tint is visible. That black you see on the towel is a design on the opposite side.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Afdharley

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »

Thanks for all the replies and info. I think I've decided on the freedom shield 14" in dark smoke.

It looks good to me and your reviews say it functions just as well.

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2015, 11:30:10 AM »

OBB, Hows the airflow over/around the shield for you?  After having mine a couple of weeks and doing numerous interstate runs I think I'd like a slightly taller one for trips but pretty happy with the 14" for general use.  Seems like I feel maybe a touch more turbulance with the Freedom Shield than with the stock shield when following heavy interstate traffic.  That could just be my imagination or since I'm running with the vents all closed.  I commute on I-65 many days in heavy traffic south of Nashville so frequently following trucks.  Had a darn cicata come over the top last Saturday and hit me right center of my riding glasses.  Made me question looking over the shield for a bit.

Like the looks of the medium tint shield on Greg's bike but still pretty happy with my light tint.  Guess I could get used to either.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:38:07 AM by TNCarters »
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.