Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Resurection Down  (Read 5889 times)

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
Re: Resurection Down
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 04:08:58 PM »

sorry to hear about the misfortune. especially on an event such as Rolling Thunder. I'm glad you both are still here to tell about it. Give thanks to the Lord for that. praying for healing & comfort for both of you. good luck with the bike issues.         :angel:
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 07:03:23 PM »

In 2004 I hit a deer with my 2004 O/B SEEG on I 90 while traveling thru South Dakota.  I had the cruise set at 80 mph, so needless to say the bike was totaled.  The bike was only 3 months old and had just over 5000 miles on it.   I had Progressive Insurance - I don't know if all insurance companies work the same.  I got the bike home before I called the insurance company.  An adjuster came to my house and took one look at the bike and declared it was totaled.  I had the option of buying the wreck, but because the motor and transmission were intact, the price for the wreck was far more than I felt it was worth to me.  So I let it go.  The adjuster suggested to me that I might want to remove any add on parts from the bike.  I removed everything I felt I would use again, including the tuner.  The adjuster gave me a couple of days to do this work and then sent a flat bed to retrieve the bike.  The crash happened on a Sunday.  The following Friday the adjuster hand delivered a check for 500 more than I had paid (I paid msrp with zero add-on fees).  I didn't question how he came up with a value above msrp - I just thanked him for the check and we parted company.  One week later I found another brand new 2004 O/B SEEG, for which I also paid MSRP with no fees.  The unexpected part of the experience is when I contacted Progressive to insure the new bike, they simply took the information (vin and such) and sent me a new insurance card - no bill.  I had paid for a year's worth of insurance on the crashed bike.  I assumed because the bike was totaled and they paid the claim to the tune of $30,500.00 that I would need to start over with a completely new policy.  But that isn't how it worked.  I paid nothing and had 9 months of insurance remaining from the original policy.  To this day I don't know if that is how it is supposed to work, but it's how it worked in my case.

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 10:59:49 PM »

So how did you crash your bike?

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 11:24:38 PM »

So how did you crash your bike?

He put it in the first post of this thread. He lost control of it and decided to lay it down rather than try and ride through it.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 08:55:34 AM »

I got that. But how exactly do you lose control?  Tire explode, rock, oncoming vehicle in you lane, e. g. There's has to be a reason.

He put it in the first post of this thread. He lost control of it and decided to lay it down rather than try and ride through it.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »

Oh... now that I have slept I get what you were asking. Good question. It doesn't say what caused the loss of control.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.