Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Rider ran over and killed in road rage incident.....  (Read 12270 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Rider ran over and killed in road rage incident.....
« on: May 31, 2015, 12:42:46 PM »

Sad situtation.  This happens from time to time all over this country and most get off with a slap on the hand.  This happened here in San Diego and this lady has been arrested for murder as the witnesses say that she ran in to him on purpose and then ran over him on purpose.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Woman-Accused-of-Running-Down-Motorcyclist-in-Road-Rage-Killing-CHP-305502841.html

http://www.10news.com/news/woman-arrested-accused-in-fatal-road-rage-crash-052915

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/may/29/road-rage-murder-crash-motorcycle-national-city/
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Rider ran over and killed in road rage incident.....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »

Saw this on the national news... damn shame!! This guy had sacrificed himself to the military serving several combat tours and this happens... I hope she gets what she deserves!!! :sauer005:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 01:33:59 PM »

Noticed in one of the articles that her mom has already started the spin to blame the bike rider, first for kicking her car as he was trying to split lanes, then for supposedly pulling directly in front of her and slowing which caused her to hit him.  Hopefully there will be some credible eye witnesses who will step up and come forward, and if she indeed ran him down on purpose hopefully she won't get off with the usual slap on the wrist.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 01:35:28 PM »

:soapbox: :nixweiss:

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »

I just hope in the end result they hold her accountable for a needless death. It's unlikely she (the driver) would be charged with murder if LE didn't have evidence to support the charge. Certainly a terrible and preventable event...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 04:09:32 PM »

According to the news on several different channels today....it's speculation wether she was texting or intentionally cut him off.  Her account (but no account of being confirmed by witnesses) is that the rider kicked her car as he rode by so she started chasing him "to get his license plate number".  As he left I-5 and entered another freeway traffic was backed up and he stopped behind the line of cars.  She's saying she couldn't stop in time and she hit him (no evasive move on her part).....witnesses are saying she had plenty of time to stop and that she hit him on purpose.  Then she ran over him, went around and tried to take off.

They had a big memorial ride today.  I was in my truck and saw what may have been a couple hundred bikes.....from Harleys, BMWs and Goldwings to street bikes of every make.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 05:33:30 PM »

Sad......hope they throw the key away, what's wrong with some people anyway? 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 08:33:19 PM »

The evening news just came on.  There were "several hundred" bikes at the memorial ride today.  But more interesting....one of the witnesess that saw the whole thing unfold was also there. 

She told Channel 10 news that the lady in the Nissan was tailgating the bike very close for awhile.  She finally started to go around him on the right and he yelled at her "what's your problem".  She swerved into his lane, trying to run him off the road and that's when he kicked her car.  He sped off and she was zig-zagging in and out of traffic trying to catch up to him.  She caught up to him on Hwy 54 and ran in to him intentionally.

She initiated it, instigated and persued him.  That warranted a murder charge vs. a vehicular manslaughter charge.  But her mother says "she's not a murderer, she's a good girl".

West Coast GTG   

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 10:07:35 PM »

That is what all moms say when their precious improperely raised demons murder someone. They should throw her mom in jail for not aborting her. Man this crap pisses me off.

I have had more than one occasion where a cage driver has tailgated, swerved into my lane or otherwise endangered my life. I read something in a book by Sonny Barger called "Lets Ride". He makes mention of cage drivers pissing him off but he said he knows for certain the bike will always loose to the cage. So he holds his cool and avoids any confrontation. I have had that come back to mind on more than one occasion when I find some a-hole trying to kill me with inconsideration.

In my area we have a very congested traffic situation. We have to learn evasive manuevers quick and patience with a-holes even quicker. I find myself at risk making a right turn more than any other time. A-holes love to help push you through the turn so they can go straight without slowing down. It makes me want to follow them and pull them out of their cars.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 11:09:12 PM »

Man, I was really trying to keep my thoughts in neutral until all the facts came out but that's ended.....I am convinced what happen.

Another TV station interviewed another witness.  These people were in the fast lane of I-5 and saw it from the beginning.....they recorded it!  The news showed it....he was taking the off ramp at the interchange to Hwy 54 and even at freeway speeds she couldn't have been more than six inches from the back of his bike.

They said that she'd already bumped into him at one point causing him to wobble pretty badly but he kept it up right.  The question that pops into my head is why didn't he down shift and go down the shoulder or lane split.....something to get away from that crazy biiiitch!

So much for the innocent angel daughter.  They showed a number of photos of the hoochy mamma....she was partying in every one of them.  I'm not going to be surprsied if we learn in the next week that she was drunk or high on something.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:10:56 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 11:17:33 PM »

Thanks for the update JCZ.  :-[

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 08:35:16 AM »

Man, I was really trying to keep my thoughts in neutral until all the facts came out but that's ended.....I am convinced what happen.

Another TV station interviewed another witness.  These people were in the fast lane of I-5 and saw it from the beginning.....they recorded it!  The news showed it....he was taking the off ramp at the interchange to Hwy 54 and even at freeway speeds she couldn't have been more than six inches from the back of his bike.

They said that she'd already bumped into him at one point causing him to wobble pretty badly but he kept it up right.  The question that pops into my head is why didn't he down shift and go down the shoulder or lane split.....something to get away from that crazy biiiitch!

So much for the innocent angel daughter.  They showed a number of photos of the hoochy mamma....she was partying in every one of them.  I'm not going to be surprsied if we learn in the next week that she was drunk or high on something.

Man, thats terrible...thanks for the update

ultrarider123

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 08:50:50 AM »

I read something in a book by Sonny Barger called "Lets Ride". He makes mention of cage drivers pissing him off but he said he knows for certain the bike will always loose to the cage. So he holds his cool and avoids any confrontation. I have had that come back to mind on more than one occasion when I find some a-hole trying to kill me with inconsideration.

I've read the book and yes, he's right on that point.  My anger with the operators of 3,000 lb. plus vehicles traveling 70 plus MPH  has almost gotten the best of me on the bike at times.  Sonny's comment along with my wife's finger taping on my shoulder usually calms be back down.  I've given some mean looks but these days, you do not know what that look may trigger.

I don't know what the rider could have done to avoid this but whatever caused him to kick her car DID NOT give her the right to kill him.  The mother was defending her daughter but the way the mom described it made it out like her daughter had the right to seek and destroy because of it.  Where is our country going folks?

Whether the individual operating the vehicle was a "good person" or not, they weren't in this case.  Anger/drugs/texting/alcohol/distractions/ or a combination of all of that was her curse for that day and it ended in the driver causing the death of another human.  Such a sad story for the Navy sailor and his family. 

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 10:09:04 AM »

What a shame hate it when something like that happens. Condolences to his family
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 11:11:04 AM »

You get my "Aman Brother" on that post Haird. It seems that road raging is on the rise all across the country. I agree, it is very hard to know just how nutty the person in that vehicle really is. Or worse still, how stupid that person is, which is probably more dangerous than the crazy driver.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.