Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Rider ran over and killed in road rage incident.....  (Read 12288 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Rider ran over and killed in road rage incident.....
« on: May 31, 2015, 12:42:46 PM »

Sad situtation.  This happens from time to time all over this country and most get off with a slap on the hand.  This happened here in San Diego and this lady has been arrested for murder as the witnesses say that she ran in to him on purpose and then ran over him on purpose.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Woman-Accused-of-Running-Down-Motorcyclist-in-Road-Rage-Killing-CHP-305502841.html

http://www.10news.com/news/woman-arrested-accused-in-fatal-road-rage-crash-052915

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/may/29/road-rage-murder-crash-motorcycle-national-city/
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Rider ran over and killed in road rage incident.....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »

Saw this on the national news... damn shame!! This guy had sacrificed himself to the military serving several combat tours and this happens... I hope she gets what she deserves!!! :sauer005:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 01:33:59 PM »

Noticed in one of the articles that her mom has already started the spin to blame the bike rider, first for kicking her car as he was trying to split lanes, then for supposedly pulling directly in front of her and slowing which caused her to hit him.  Hopefully there will be some credible eye witnesses who will step up and come forward, and if she indeed ran him down on purpose hopefully she won't get off with the usual slap on the wrist.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 01:35:28 PM »

:soapbox: :nixweiss:

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »

I just hope in the end result they hold her accountable for a needless death. It's unlikely she (the driver) would be charged with murder if LE didn't have evidence to support the charge. Certainly a terrible and preventable event...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 04:09:32 PM »

According to the news on several different channels today....it's speculation wether she was texting or intentionally cut him off.  Her account (but no account of being confirmed by witnesses) is that the rider kicked her car as he rode by so she started chasing him "to get his license plate number".  As he left I-5 and entered another freeway traffic was backed up and he stopped behind the line of cars.  She's saying she couldn't stop in time and she hit him (no evasive move on her part).....witnesses are saying she had plenty of time to stop and that she hit him on purpose.  Then she ran over him, went around and tried to take off.

They had a big memorial ride today.  I was in my truck and saw what may have been a couple hundred bikes.....from Harleys, BMWs and Goldwings to street bikes of every make.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 05:33:30 PM »

Sad......hope they throw the key away, what's wrong with some people anyway? 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 08:33:19 PM »

The evening news just came on.  There were "several hundred" bikes at the memorial ride today.  But more interesting....one of the witnesess that saw the whole thing unfold was also there. 

She told Channel 10 news that the lady in the Nissan was tailgating the bike very close for awhile.  She finally started to go around him on the right and he yelled at her "what's your problem".  She swerved into his lane, trying to run him off the road and that's when he kicked her car.  He sped off and she was zig-zagging in and out of traffic trying to catch up to him.  She caught up to him on Hwy 54 and ran in to him intentionally.

She initiated it, instigated and persued him.  That warranted a murder charge vs. a vehicular manslaughter charge.  But her mother says "she's not a murderer, she's a good girl".

West Coast GTG   

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 10:07:35 PM »

That is what all moms say when their precious improperely raised demons murder someone. They should throw her mom in jail for not aborting her. Man this crap pisses me off.

I have had more than one occasion where a cage driver has tailgated, swerved into my lane or otherwise endangered my life. I read something in a book by Sonny Barger called "Lets Ride". He makes mention of cage drivers pissing him off but he said he knows for certain the bike will always loose to the cage. So he holds his cool and avoids any confrontation. I have had that come back to mind on more than one occasion when I find some a-hole trying to kill me with inconsideration.

In my area we have a very congested traffic situation. We have to learn evasive manuevers quick and patience with a-holes even quicker. I find myself at risk making a right turn more than any other time. A-holes love to help push you through the turn so they can go straight without slowing down. It makes me want to follow them and pull them out of their cars.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 11:09:12 PM »

Man, I was really trying to keep my thoughts in neutral until all the facts came out but that's ended.....I am convinced what happen.

Another TV station interviewed another witness.  These people were in the fast lane of I-5 and saw it from the beginning.....they recorded it!  The news showed it....he was taking the off ramp at the interchange to Hwy 54 and even at freeway speeds she couldn't have been more than six inches from the back of his bike.

They said that she'd already bumped into him at one point causing him to wobble pretty badly but he kept it up right.  The question that pops into my head is why didn't he down shift and go down the shoulder or lane split.....something to get away from that crazy biiiitch!

So much for the innocent angel daughter.  They showed a number of photos of the hoochy mamma....she was partying in every one of them.  I'm not going to be surprsied if we learn in the next week that she was drunk or high on something.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:10:56 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 11:17:33 PM »

Thanks for the update JCZ.  :-[

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 08:35:16 AM »

Man, I was really trying to keep my thoughts in neutral until all the facts came out but that's ended.....I am convinced what happen.

Another TV station interviewed another witness.  These people were in the fast lane of I-5 and saw it from the beginning.....they recorded it!  The news showed it....he was taking the off ramp at the interchange to Hwy 54 and even at freeway speeds she couldn't have been more than six inches from the back of his bike.

They said that she'd already bumped into him at one point causing him to wobble pretty badly but he kept it up right.  The question that pops into my head is why didn't he down shift and go down the shoulder or lane split.....something to get away from that crazy biiiitch!

So much for the innocent angel daughter.  They showed a number of photos of the hoochy mamma....she was partying in every one of them.  I'm not going to be surprsied if we learn in the next week that she was drunk or high on something.

Man, thats terrible...thanks for the update

ultrarider123

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 08:50:50 AM »

I read something in a book by Sonny Barger called "Lets Ride". He makes mention of cage drivers pissing him off but he said he knows for certain the bike will always loose to the cage. So he holds his cool and avoids any confrontation. I have had that come back to mind on more than one occasion when I find some a-hole trying to kill me with inconsideration.

I've read the book and yes, he's right on that point.  My anger with the operators of 3,000 lb. plus vehicles traveling 70 plus MPH  has almost gotten the best of me on the bike at times.  Sonny's comment along with my wife's finger taping on my shoulder usually calms be back down.  I've given some mean looks but these days, you do not know what that look may trigger.

I don't know what the rider could have done to avoid this but whatever caused him to kick her car DID NOT give her the right to kill him.  The mother was defending her daughter but the way the mom described it made it out like her daughter had the right to seek and destroy because of it.  Where is our country going folks?

Whether the individual operating the vehicle was a "good person" or not, they weren't in this case.  Anger/drugs/texting/alcohol/distractions/ or a combination of all of that was her curse for that day and it ended in the driver causing the death of another human.  Such a sad story for the Navy sailor and his family. 

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 10:09:04 AM »

What a shame hate it when something like that happens. Condolences to his family
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 11:11:04 AM »

You get my "Aman Brother" on that post Haird. It seems that road raging is on the rise all across the country. I agree, it is very hard to know just how nutty the person in that vehicle really is. Or worse still, how stupid that person is, which is probably more dangerous than the crazy driver.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »

This is an incredibly sad situation and I feel for the family of the biker.  I wish they could put a highway together and make her cross it while we play frogger as a fitting punishment.

But it does bring up a point/argument I've had many times in the past.  Where's the balance?  Since you can't rely on the police since they're mandated to sit in a high volume area and write speeding tickets which are easy to prove and hard to beat in court, do you continue to turn the other cheek and these idiot drivers just keep on getting away with it?  I certainly think its the "you don't know who I am and I'll never see you again" mentality.  I don't get road rage, but I have planted a foot in a door to let someone know I'm there.  I've refused to let a right side passer in when I'm waiting my turn in a line of traffic.  I've hit the air horn and flipped the bird.  But I've never been "out of control".  I know what I'm doing and I'm trying to make the idiot think.  Will it get me shot some day?  Maybe.  But not run over.  Because I never let them get behind me.  I've actually pulled over behind a car that tried to get me to pass him after he cut me off (dangerously) and I hit and held the air horn and then told him he was my number one concern on the road.  We both ended up pulled over on the shoulder.  But I was still behind him.  I got his plate and called 911.  No cop ever showed up and the guy took off without getting out of his car.

I've passed cops with a car tailgating me on the bike.  Not one I've screwed with, just some douchebag who's riding my ass while I'm looking for an opening to get him around me.  But I've never had that cop pull out and bust the tailgator.  Until we change traffic policing to a non profit based, unmarked in traffic safety patrol, we'll never cut down on the idiots who pull this stuff.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 12:49:24 PM »

link didn't work for me.....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 12:53:08 PM »

Didn't work for me either.  I think you have to be a member of facebook.

West Coast GTG   

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 01:10:18 PM »

Didn't work for me either.  I think you have to be a member of facebook.

I would say it's a bad link.
Here is what I got and I have a Facebook page.

Sorry, there was a problem with this link: http://conservativetribune.com/tough-guy-hard-lesson/
You can now continue to this website, or go back to the page you were on before.
Remember, only follow links from sources you trust.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »

Copy and paste the link into a new browser window.  Its a video of an a-hole pick up driving almost running a biker off the road and then he and his girlfriend start crap with the biker.  Bikers friend head buts him with his helmet on and knocks down but not out.  Funny.

Until you think that if the pickup guy was a typical redneck he might have pulled a gun and shot him.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 01:37:24 PM »

This is such a waste for everyone. I sometimes (I try not to) also get angry when people just do stupid things on the road. I have had some interesting results from time to time.  My wife is the best part of me that keeps things in perspective. That said if someone is challenging me on my bike with a cage I would never get into a position where the cage has the advantage (like being behind me). I have had this happen and I will figure out a way to just get away either pull over or take off.  You don't win on a bike ever! 

I do agree that until law enforcement is not profit driven we will never see real change in enforcement that truly protects the people.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:30:17 PM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 06:20:08 PM »

Heart Breaking.  :-\

CircleRacer

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 09:00:29 PM »

Very SAD that someone would run over another person and kill them I just don't understand that. Family of the biker is in my prayers.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 05:50:00 AM »

Wow !! You here more and more story's like this never ends well.
DND

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2015, 11:47:05 AM »

Copy and paste the link into a new browser window.  Its a video of an a-hole pick up driving almost running a biker off the road and then he and his girlfriend start crap with the biker.  Bikers friend head buts him with his helmet on and knocks down but not out.  Funny.

Until you think that if the pickup guy was a typical redneck he might have pulled a gun and shot him.

I thought the same thing about him pulling a gun. Heck, here in Texas even the "non-rednecks" carry at least one gun in their vehicle. It is defennitely prevailant enough that you better be thinking about it if in a confrontation on the road.

I was waiting for the girlfriend to pull the gun out from under the seat.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 01:17:27 PM »

Wow - Darla is a real peach - a regular walking nightmare. You never know what the courts will do but this lady has certainly exhibited a pattern of destructive behavior...

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 01:25:00 PM »

But...but...but.... mom said she was a "good girl", how can this be true?    :nixweiss:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2015, 06:16:15 PM »

Click this link and scroll down to the cell phone video that a witness took of this guy being tailgated at freeway speed.....  http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Kathy-Buob-Memories-of-Zach-Buob-Road-Rage-Victim-Darla-Jackson-Murder-305854811.html

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 06:27:54 PM »

West Coast GTG   

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 06:45:17 PM »

OK. A long time ago I decided that I will never judge anyone based on how they come across on forums, emails, texts, etc. More often than not when anyone comes across rude, ignorant, aggressive, etc. it could easily be the lack of context such as tone of voice, facial expressions, etc. But man it is really difficult to let some of these comments go without telling the guy/lady/person what to do with their opinions!

Here are two examples that chap my hide:

EF Gayya
One less arrogant motorcycle on the road.. Another one bite the dust!

Jason Olszanicky ·  Top Commenter · Organizer at US Constitution
This woman deserves a fair trial, her lawyer better be asking for a change of venue. I hear the police are turning away witnesses that can exonerate her.

RIP Zach...

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2015, 08:06:39 PM »

Might as well put a gun to the back of his head, she killed him!!!!! STUPID CRAZY BITCH, hope she gets life.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2015, 01:40:45 AM »

I agree camcvo. It is real hard not just unloading on some of those ignorant remarks. I hate to admit this but they make me mad enough to want to punch them on the head.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2015, 10:32:28 AM »

Witnesses say she pushed him over 300 feet before his bike went down!   That's 1st degree, premeditated murder...187PC in California.

Here's her arraignment yesterday....  https://gma.yahoo.com/woman-charged-murder-us-navy-sailors-traffic-death-132048512--abc-news-topstories.html

West Coast GTG   

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2015, 11:14:42 AM »

Thanks for the update JC. If I were her I'd be sobbing in court as well... Even if the rider kicked her car 50 times during the dispute, she'll have difficulty justifying taking his life over it.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2015, 11:58:58 PM »

We had a recent late night incident here similar... some kind of altercation, SUV chased, hit and ran over a motorcycle rider, then fled the scene. The vehicle was found the next morning, abandoned with part of the bike still stuck in the grill.

A witness saw two women, one man exit the vehicle, then walk away, he was not able to identify the driver.

Police interviewed both females (a woman was the RO) and both were released.

Nothing yet.

This angers me to no end. If you look these cowards in the eye they pull back 95% of the time even though they have a physical advantage.

Even though my current situation keeps me from riding I look out for other riders daily and have sworn to use my truck to keep them from getting hurt if that's what it takes.

As long as I'm on the road its not going to happen in my line of sight.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Best Harley in Brighton 2011

• CVO1: 2015 RoadGlide Ultra CVO
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2015, 07:16:58 AM »

This is one reason that I now run a recording video with cameras both at Front and another on the rear, I have a RG 2015 CVO, cameras fitted under the front faring and under the top box. This runs continous and records on SD drive located inside the top box. There is also a GPS attached to this video which records speed, direction and location details. The system will automatically record over old files. So far, on 32Gb drive I am only half full with recorded data still on from March.  (smartwitness) from http://www.y3k.com/section/461/1
located in England, but sure something similar in USA.
I also wear a hi quality (DRIFT) video camera on helmet as this shows better range, battery only last 4hrs max so have to keep changing and re formating SD as I travel. But this is also usful for taking scenic pictures to view later. But being on helmet, it shows what you are looking at,
useful at junctions, etc.
This process is no different to what almost all police cars now have installed, which they kindly show you before handing out bad driving ticket!

Have used this on recent bad driving when car drivers pull out on hiways and change lanes at 80mph + without any indication, or they are too busy on their phones. Just show them your camera when passing, they get the picture.

All of this does not stop you becoming a statisic, but provides that important piece of evidence when needed for your family to pursue.

As an added bonus, I have wig wag driving lights that are switched on when filtering between traffic. (legal in England on slow moving or stationary vehicles) and some European countries.

My thoughts are with his family.

Safe driving to you all.   :2vrolijk_21:
I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2015, 10:32:51 AM »

I'm trying to stay cool but when you can't thats what the 5.7 with 30 rounds is for.

BigLew

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2015, 04:11:40 AM »

I'm trying to stay cool but when you can't thats what the 5.7 with 30 rounds is for.

BigLew

That's not an option here.... unfortunately

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 21 queries.