Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jiffy Stand Won't Hold My Bike Up  (Read 1770 times)

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
Jiffy Stand Won't Hold My Bike Up
« on: June 03, 2015, 06:23:13 AM »

I have this question in the General Discussion section but thought this might be common to the CVO Breakout? I have a 2014, and was polishing the front wheel and had it cocked a little to the right. Stood up, walked back to admire my work, and the bike fell over. Lucky I had a rubber floor mat in my garage. No damage to the bike except the stupid-looking plastic extended license holder broke. Glued it back together. Anyway, if I put the bike on the stand and turn the handlebars to the right I can watch the jiffy stand gradually move back allowing the bike to fall. My last bike was a Wide Glide and I could cock the front wheel all the way to the right and shake the bike and it would not fall. But the Wide Glide's jiffy stand is centered on the bike. The Breakout is much more forward and I thought this might be why.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

ultrarider123

Re: Jiffy Stand Won't Hold My Bike Up
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 08:29:05 AM »

Morning Dawg....first off, glad the bike was not damaged and no, this should not have happened.  One thing the MoCo is pretty good at is a locking jiffy stand.  Once it's set, it should not give.  Are you extending the stand as far as it will go and then putting weight on it?  It has to be fully extended for it to lock in place when the bikes weight is "applied".  Either it's not extended or the stand locking mechanism is broken/damaged.  I'd take her in as soon as possible if that's the case.

Hope this helps and good luck....

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 22 queries.