Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Still have a misfire and poor throttle response after fuel controller  (Read 14388 times)

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)
Re: Still have a misfire and poor throttle response after fuel controller
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 05:43:36 AM »

Yes,  I know I have to get the codes.  That is now a 4 hr each way ride.   The local dealer tried to rip me off with some parts.  to the tune of charging me 3 times as much as the dealer 4 hrs away.   No it was not a huge amount of money,  but being ripped off is being ripped off. 

Now,  to run around in circles,  that H-moto,  I mentioned,  I can use that to read codes.  So maybe I will get that and go from there.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 06:29:49 AM »

Too funny,  I was trying to read the codes backwards.  Yeah,  my dislexyia coming through.   I have to look at the slow flashes,  not the fast ones!  DOH.

Try again this morning and see what I get.   I have been doing more reading and a few others have had the exact same issues as mine.  they said a simple clean and setup of the system was all that was needed.   I hope that's all that I need.  I will have er running top notch next week if that's the case.   My Local dealer does not have the reader anymore for my bike either.   I am buying one for my shop.  I will have one for the delphis too.   
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 11:58:57 AM »

Now,  to run around in circles,  that H-moto,  I mentioned,  I can use that to read codes.  So maybe I will get that and go from there.

I would double check before spending the money.  The device gave the typical descriptions about the coverage years and models.  It is very likely, however, that it requires the data port on the Delphi bikes.  So while it would work on a 2000 fuel injected Softail it won't work on touring models until 2002 as the touring bikes stayed Marelli through 2001. 

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 12:48:29 PM »

Kojak,

How old is your PC3?   FWIW, Dynojet released a PC5 system for the MM that is supposed to be heads above better than the old version.  My friend has tune a few of these and said the results are fantastic compared to the old PC3 which was discontinued.   I realize you may have other issues going on, but thought this might be helpful.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommanders.aspx?mk=20&mdl=313&yr=2001&pc=15-040&mk-n=Harley-Davidson&mdl-n=Touring Models&pc-ver=PCV&add-mdlyrid=15-040&add-mdlyrid2=802-511&fullstr=802-511,15-040&prod-type=Powercommander III USBPowercommander V&notes=73,62,73
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:52:58 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 03:41:18 PM »

I am not sure how old mine is,  It was older than the latest model.   It is usb.  but I am thinking about getting the PCV from fuel moto to get a better tune in my bike.  I am soon to be dealer for fuel moto so I will deal with them.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 06:23:20 PM »

Got my plug wires etc.   I think I'm going to take the tank off etc,  and inspect all wires, connections etc as well.  rule that stuff out.  I have been reading a lot and most people mention the wiring harness in the 2001 is suspect because of poor placement etc.   
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 09:38:30 PM »

Got my plug wires etc.   I think I'm going to take the tank off etc,  and inspect all wires, connections etc as well.  rule that stuff out.  I have been reading a lot and most people mention the wiring harness in the 2001 is suspect because of poor placement etc.

Not just 2001.  But the potential issue isn't uncommon so it's worth a look.  Look from the injectors up.  Anything that might seem suspect.  Especially where the injector pigtails make their "turn" or bend up to the larger harness.

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 07:30:06 AM »

Yeah,  I am going to go through everything.   I will eventually get it sorted.   I am 90 percent sure it's electrical and not fuel related now.
Mavericks RC
MFFM