Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: MyCVO needs your prayers!!  (Read 17116 times)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
MyCVO needs your prayers!!
« on: January 18, 2007, 10:09:14 PM »

Some of you may have noticed how little MyCVO has been on the site recently.  Well, as a matter of fact, he's been on here very little since Maggie Valley.  Other than DCFiremann, Mark is the person on here that I've known the longest!  He encouraged me not to give up and to take the MSF class.  He didn't laugh at my stupid questions, never minded giving me part numbers off of Mark Jr's Sportster and most importantly, didn't rat me out or post pics of me on the board when no one knew anything about me!  LOL!  He also took part into tricking me into riding the Dragon when I was chickening out and already decided to see the Dragon as a passenger!  But it worked out well with just DC, MyCVO, GHaz and theVgirl!  (But we did run into Sponserv at the MV restaurant)!

I knew something was wrong when he didn't post a million pics and have the video edited and sent out to us all within a week or two.  Well, folks, MyCVO is one of my best biker buddies and he needs your prayers.

As Mark said, he wasn't his normal self in Maggie Valley.  He's normally very outgoing, happy-go-lucky, never meets a stranger, life of the party type of guy.  At most events, he'd meet 100 new folks and have twice as many pics.  Instead he was somewhat quiet and subdued.  Then, upon returning home, MyCVO had electrical problems at his house.  When he started feeling bad, he just shook it off as stress and a winter bug.  Several weeks went by and he finally decided to go to the doctor for chest pains.  After xrays, he was diagnosed with a touch of pneumonia (which was a wrong diagnosis).  After the pain became so severe that he thought he was having a heart attack, MyCVO went back to the doctor.  To quote Mark, "Ya it got to the point where it was to much for me to make it from my van to the front door of a store without needing to sit down and catch my breath before going in (the one time I tried to go shopping for xmas with Kathy). I knew then I had something really wrong with me."

He waited until the day after Christmas to go back and was admitted to the hospital for nearly a week.  When admitted they concluded that he had congestive heart failure due to viral infection caught back in early October that attacked his heart.  The x-rays taking showed his heart as being way over sized, but not pumping what blood was needed, and pumping way too fast.  After 4 days in the hospital - and them having to go look for him because he wouldn't stay in bed - they decided to release him on the 5th day with orders to rest, etc.  On Monday, he went back to the doctor to have a monitor installed that he needed to wear for a day.  I was hoping he'd have the results back from that test before posting this, but I haven't heard anything yet.  Fortunately, as Mark pointed out, that unlike my mom, they found no blackened areas in his heart and will most likely be in the one-third of patients that recover.  However, they do not know to what extent and are not making any promises!

Luckily, Mark is a high-energy person that was in good shape and knew something was terribly wrong and was not so stubborn that he didn't go to the doctor.  I'm glad they caught it so soon and treated him for it.  Right now, he's still very sick and needs to take off time to rest and recuperate.  I know it's killing him, but if he follows the doctor's orders, he'll get back to riding!!!

I asked Mark if it was ok for me to let you guys know before posting this.  I thought you all would want to know what's going on with him.  Please keep him in your prayers.  Kathy and the kids need your prayers as well.  His brother, GHaz, hopefully will update this as things progress or maybe MyCVO will when he gets the energy!!

Thanks,
V

~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Bagger

Re: MyCVO needs your prayers!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 10:15:02 PM »

We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers, VGirl.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:45:17 PM »

We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers, VGirl.

We're pulling and praying for you Mark. Get well soon.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 11:03:04 PM »

V, thanks for the post.  Sorry to hear about Mark's situation.  I had noticed that he hadn't been around much lately, but just figured he was working hard.

I'll be praying for him!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 12:21:33 AM »

Mark;
Best wishes to you, I hope for a quick recovery for you and that your back with your knees in the breeze soon.

[smiley=cherry.gif]

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 06:41:21 AM »

Thanks for bringing Mark's illness to our attention.  He is a first class guy.  Our prayer's are with you Mark.  Get well soon!

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 06:41:35 AM »

I wish you a full and fast recovery. [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 07:32:15 AM »

I wish you a fast recovery

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 07:44:30 AM »

Mark... Sorry to hear of your medical issues! My father used to say if you have your health, you have everything. Well, I'd add good friends to that saying and I know all the others here wish you a speedy, FULL recovery. I'm sending strong positive thoughts your way. Be well!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] ;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 08:21:16 AM »

Mark, here's to a speedy and full recovery and being back in the wind! Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 08:51:33 AM »

Thanks V for posting this.  Mark, here's wishing you a full recovery.  You're in my prayers
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 09:13:48 AM »

Mark my prayers are with you, wishing you a quick recovery budddy.

Mark Z

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 09:28:48 AM »

Our prayers will be with you MyCVO!
Hope you recover fully and quickly.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 09:52:18 AM »

Mark,
I’m so sorry to hear of you being under the weather. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and I wish a speedy recovery for you. Follow the doctor's orders and before you know it you will be in the wind again. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 10:41:46 AM »

Thanks for letting us know.  And Mark here's hoping you're back in the wind real soon.  Take care of yourself.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.