Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Vance&Hines fuelpak FP3 vs. H.D. race tuner  (Read 16809 times)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Vance&Hines fuelpak FP3 vs. H.D. race tuner
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 10:49:29 AM »

So to be clear,... you are too cheap to buy the correct item and have it tuned for the parts you choose to add,.. and if it ( FP) creates the failure you are going to take no responsibility for your actions??:thumbdown: After all its your choice to buy it and you have already clearly stated you really know nothing about tuning ..

There is a reason the warranty out lines things just like this.. I disagree with what you have said  100%..

2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

tervonenllc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 01:46:19 PM »

Besides not knowing anything about tuning I clearly don't know what you mean. FP3 is the correct item. To me it doesnt matter if something costs 300 or 500 or 700 nor does it to anybody else on this site. If it does, drink less, thats how I explain all unnecessary purchases to myself. Althought I must admit, at this point of time I cannot drink for at least thirty years. Thank God I was never a big drinker.

FP3 has the perfectly tuned map for VH Power Duals + Monster Round -combo. The sound, torque and power is monstrous. The engine runs like a dream.

You are correct. If the engine or whatever fails, I'm not going to take any responsibility nor am I going to waste my time trying to figure out whose fault it was if anyones IF the bike is under warranty.

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2015, 08:26:42 PM »

what fascinates me about this is the people who tune bikes, of course in the interest of their making money (self-interest) always criticize, but never actually do a direct comparison of one of these tuners, versus their own tune on the same bike...I guess they know the difference in cost between an FP3 or other downloadable tuner and their "dyno tune" with the additional cost involved would simply not be worth the money...go ahead somebody...prove me wrong, but I am betting you cannot.
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

a206driver

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »

what fascinates me about this is the people who tune bikes, of course in the interest of their making money (self-interest) always criticize, but never actually do a direct comparison of one of these tuners, versus their own tune on the same bike...I guess they know the difference in cost between an FP3 or other downloadable tuner and their "dyno tune" with the additional cost involved would simply not be worth the money...go ahead somebody...prove me wrong, but I am betting you cannot.

The only comparison that I've seen - http://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-rushmore-models/1062917-gona-try-something-with-my-fp3.html#post14265153
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:07:34 PM by a206driver »

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2015, 02:54:02 PM »

I read thru the link posted above, I got nothing from that, other than the guy thought he was a human dyno. Nothing was substantiated at all. And that story about getting money back then not getting money back... what??
Buy what you want and enjoy it, but don't post stupid stuff you have no way of confirming.

a206driver

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2015, 03:35:41 PM »

I read thru the link posted above, I got nothing from that, other than the guy thought he was a human dyno. Nothing was substantiated at all. And that story about getting money back then not getting money back... what??
Buy what you want and enjoy it, but don't post stupid stuff you have no way of confirming.

"I forgot to say my FP3 dyno was 82 hp 94 lbs. He did about 25 runs with the PV and the best was 80 hp 91 lbs, but he said he got the power to the right places." So the FP3 did better than the Dyno - period.  I said that it was the only comparison that I've seen. I didn't say that I confirmed it. I can't confirm that you're an asshat but I'm guessing that I'd be right.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:40:46 PM by a206driver »

tervonenllc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2015, 03:57:14 PM »

"I forgot to say my FP3 dyno was 82 hp 94 lbs. He did about 25 runs with the PV and the best was 80 hp 91 lbs, but he said he got the power to the right places." So the FP3 did better than the Dyno - period.  I said that it was the only comparison that I've seen. I didn't say that I confirmed it. I can't confirm that you're an asshat but I'm guessing that I'd be right.

Excellent link, thank you! It is great to read similar experiences that I have myself.

Today while cruising here in Marbella, Spain, I felt warm inside and out. The breeze coming from Africa caused the warmth on the outside. While inside was filled with warm - almost hot - pure joy and love arising from everything that FP3 is and represents.

It is my true belief that Vance & Hines FP3 is one of the most remarkable inventions of our time. Right there with iPad and iPhone. It is simply put: flawless. I have a tiny box called FP3 and the latest iPhone. With this combo I'm able to do something in seconds which otherwise would require a garage, a dyno, truck load of fans and tubes and whatever plus, last but not least, a bank of - to be frank - aesthetically disgusting looking apparently Windows based computers. Seeing those ancient looking dyno rooms makes me think:

'don't they understand that technology moved on?'

I also have a confession to make. While typing this with an Apple computer, I can feel my beloved FP3 in my pyjama pocket. Later on I'm going to place it under my pillow. I cannot prove this, of course, but it is my opinion that FP3 makes me sleep better, too!

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »

GMR, don't confuse them with facts/practical experience.  ;D

I doubt a FP3 can add timing, might be able to take timing out, but I'd rather not guess. 
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.