Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Yet another newbie exhaust question.....  (Read 11390 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Yet another newbie exhaust question.....
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2007, 09:34:20 PM »

They're all waiting til I report on my S&S's before doing anything! ::) Hoist! 8-)
You haven't got those SPO's on yet???   [smiley=anxious.gif]
Just funnin with ya...I know you're bitin your nails for Sunday....
Cheers  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2007, 09:56:55 PM »

You haven't got those SPO's on yet???   [smiley=anxious.gif]
Just funnin with ya...I know you're bitin your nails for Sunday....
Red

Thanks Red. Yeah I will. But I'll still be biting them until the following week waiting til can I put the S&S's and  PC on! My friend's out of town for the week! Oh well, I'll have to ride it stock for a week! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2007, 10:12:10 PM »

Thanks Red. Yeah I will. But I'll still be biting them until the following week waiting til can I put the S&S's and  PC on! My friend's out of town for the week! [highlight]Oh well, I'll have to ride it stock for a week![/highlight] ;) Hoist! 8-)
Damn the bad luck!! [smiley=smartass.gif] I suppose you could always leave it at the dealer until he gets back.  ;) [smiley=rifle.gif]
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

Torqued

• OTC  (Obesessive Torque Disorder)
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2007, 12:20:29 AM »

03 SERK in garage V&H Ovals off of the bike. Bought bike new Dec 03 and with the ovals (couldn't get past the unbalanced look of 2-1's).37000 miles later ovals in the corner and Supertrapp 2-1 Super Meg on bike. loved the sound of V&H but couldn't get past the performance gain possible with the other pipes. I just recently got past the looks issue and made the change.

IMHO each rider should consider if  he or she purchased the bike for looks, performance or some of both.There are a lot of great looking and great performing setups out there It all depends on personal likes / dislikes.There is a BUNCH of power sleeping inside that motor of yours just dreaming of getting let out ta bark.

Personally I bought the bike with the thought of 103 CI with a stage 1 and race tunner would be plenty for me and was going to be happy with everything as is. At 12000 miles cam tensioners went south on me and I went with a gear drive(S&S 570)  well that was it for me . Since then I have been absolutly ate up with more, more, more. To me H/P and Torque are like tattoos  Once u get started you always want more.  

My dealer is 100% ok with standing behind the motor with the mods It has on it now. They did all the work and will stand behind it... If I am out in the boondocks somewhere and have a major problem will probabily drag it back home for the fix. A non Issue to me.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2007, 10:07:52 AM »

03 SERK in garage V&H Ovals off of the bike. Bought bike new Dec 03 and with the ovals (couldn't get past the unbalanced look of 2-1's).37000 miles later ovals in the corner and Supertrapp 2-1 Super Meg on bike. loved the sound of V&H but couldn't get past the performance gain possible with the other pipes. I just recently got past the looks issue and made the change.

IMHO each rider should consider if  he or she purchased the bike for looks, performance or some of both.There are a lot of great looking and great performing setups out there It all depends on personal likes / dislikes.There is a BUNCH of power sleeping inside that motor of yours just dreaming of getting let out ta bark.

Personally I bought the bike with the thought of 103 CI with a stage 1 and race tunner would be plenty for me and was going to be happy with everything as is. At 12000 miles cam tensioners went south on me and I went with a gear drive(S&S 570)  well that was it for me . Since then I have been absolutly ate up with more, more, more. To me H/P and Torque are like tattoos  Once u get started you always want more.  

My dealer is 100% ok with standing behind the motor with the mods It has on it now. They did all the work and will stand behind it... If I am out in the boondocks somewhere and have a major problem will probabily drag it back home for the fix. A non Issue to me.

Torqued,
Very well said.  Determining what is most important to the rider is the way each and everyone should go.  I know some manufacturers make the Ghost pipe for a 2-in-1 system, which satisfies the unbalanced look.  I don't think I personally could get used to only one pipe on my bike.  I like the balanced look.  I also love the sound of the V&H ovals...they have the "right sound" for me.  I guess I'm one of those "tweeners", I want my cake and eat it too...performance and looks at the same time, so I guess I have to suffer on one to get the other.  As far as performance goes, this 110 just flat shames my old 88, so that in itself was a major improvement for me.   ;) I know there's more ponies in there, but for now, they'll have to stay in the "stable", maybe as I have the bike longer, and more of the "inner child" comes out of me, I may change the setup to put some of those ponies on the road.  

Red

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.