Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Feeling Thankful...  (Read 5539 times)

FXD_TG

Re: Feeling Thankful...
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 09:23:34 PM »

Again, I / we sincerely appreciate all of the well-wishes and thoughts.  The lovely Miss Debbie is struggling a bit with the "why us" syndrome that comes from having missed-out on two very much anticipated 4-day mini-vacations at Daytona for Biketoberfest and PCB for Thunder Beach, never mind the rest of the disruption to her/our lives that continues.

Our FLHRSE5 was hauled off today for one last look before the insurance company gives us their first offer.  I put the bike back into stock trim with the exception of the Fullsac system + TTS module, custom saddle work and busted Motolights as I've asked them to factor those into the value since they are truly sunk cost where I'll need to be made whole.  The parts I've pulled off -- including all the ones painted to match Blue by Joe Z. at Xtreme Dynamics -- will go on the New Blue or, Blue II if you prefer.

We found a couple low-mileage FLHRSE5's being offered up for sale and I'll be heading down to Florida on Friday to look at and hopefully close the deal on one of them.  It's not the lowest mileage offering, but if it's in 'like new' condition as purported by the seller, it will be a good deal for us.  Fingers crossed...

Bonus Prize:  Given my elevated stress levels and mid-50's age, I've apparently stirred-up a mild case of the Singles over the two days.  Oh the joy...

With regard to buying back Blue, I think I'm good with lettering her go.  The tires and wheels would definitely be something I'd like to get back off of her, but there's not much else I'd want or need.  Both saddle bags are scuffed-up, the tank is toast, all of the chrome parts along the bottom corners of both left & ride sides of the bike are scuffed-up and I'm now having my doubts about how the engine and primary components faired.  I found a lot of oil blow-by in the air cleaner box and have heard a few new noises that weren't there before the collision: big old clunks when the engine shuts down.  So, I'm pretty sure we'll go our separate ways at this point: she's got an identical twin so I'm good with that!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 07:06:14 AM »

Pleased to read that you guys are well.

FXD_TG

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 09:40:39 PM »

Left the house at 2:30am on Friday morning for the 6.5 hour drive to Florida to pick up the sapphire blue 2013 CVO Road King that's replacing the sapphire blue 2013 CVO Road King totaled by GEICO. Headed back home at noon and arrived around 6:30pm.  Long day...    Now, here's where it gets interesting. GEICO's policy holder's property liability coverage won't cover the cost of the bike she wrecked.  So now my State Farm policy will have to cover the claim: wouldn't be interesting if State Farm decided to repair instead of writing off our bike???  I really don't need 4 motorcycles!!

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.