Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not producing any voltage  (Read 2314 times)

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
Not producing any voltage
« on: November 02, 2015, 11:14:26 PM »

I am in the middle of a road trip and yesterday morning when I went to fire up Ol Yeller, it was as if the battery was too low to turn over the engine.  I boosted the bike and got it going, but it soon became obvious that my voltage was indicating low.  It was at the bottom of the gage, and would fluctuate maybe as high as 10 volts, bottoming out again.  I made it all the way into and out of Big Bend park in West Texas, but apparently as the remaining small amount of energy in the battery was consumed, the bike began running like crap, the lights went out, the speedo stopped working and ultimately the bike stopped. I'm looking for ideas, I hope that this is simply the voltage regulator and that once replaced, all will be fine.  Anyone else have this kind of thing happen?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Not producing any voltage
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 01:39:57 AM »

Hope its not the stator or both for you.   If the dealer has the regulator in stock can/should be able to get you out the door pretty quickly.   Muy luck has typically been stator needing replacement or both.   Have even had the magnets in the casing come apart on the '02.   Since I had to buy all new parts I changed out the harley system for the Cycle Electric.   Haven't had any issues with either of the bikes I have done this too. 

Hope i didnt jinx myself now.

http://cycleelectricinc.com/
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 05:49:00 AM »

Check your battery connections if you haven't done so yet. Had a bouncing gauge on my '11 and that was the culprit.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 09:29:04 AM »

???
Had a similar problem years ago with my Road King.  Turned out to be broken stator wire,  I think the wires exit around the front lower part of the engine close to the oil filter.  You might want to check those and be sure no breaks in that area. :nixweiss:

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.