Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Infotainment System 2014 Maps  (Read 35467 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Infotainment System 2014 Maps
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2015, 08:32:24 AM »

Okay what do you mean you have to download your bikes finger print and then how do you do it??

it's in the manual-----you need to download the fingerprint of the radio to the USB drive.

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Street Glide. 2014 CVO Soft tail
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2015, 07:29:19 PM »

It's explained earlier in this thread. You basically have to send your radio info to a flash drive so Naviextras knows that you're downloading maps to a proper radio

It's really weird but when I was looking at this post, there was not this many responses to the topic.  Thanks I will look at it all again. 

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »

It's really weird but when I was looking at this post, there was not this many responses to the topic.  Thanks I will look at it all again.

Starts on p.179 of the Boom Audio manual

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2015, 06:48:27 PM »

Ugh, so frustrating. I've been messing with this all day. I got the fingerprint from the bike onto a 16 GB USB. Downloaded the new map update to the USB using the Naviextras toolbox. Inserted the USB into bike, and keep getting the unending authenticating cycle. I tried changing the swdl to swdl_boombox_6.5GT_CVO.iso, but then I get an error stating:  Error: NavSync_ErrorNotValid.  I give up. :(

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

Snakepit

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2015, 07:48:45 PM »

You don't need to change the name. Make sure you load the new maps as well. Youll know because it takes quite a while to download onto the stick.
1973 Norton Commando
2015 CVO Limited

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2015, 08:10:55 PM »

You don't need to change the name. Make sure you load the new maps as well. Youll know because it takes quite a while to download onto the stick.

I did download the new maps. I did twice in fact. Once on the USB stick that came with my CVO, and again on a different USB stick just to try it again. Neither one worked. I gave up after spending 10 hours messing with it.

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2015, 10:13:39 PM »

Just followed Chuck's (14CVOUltra) instructions and got it downloaded to the bike.  Stuck the USB (that came with the bike) in the bike to get the thumbprint, created an account with Naviextras and downloaded to PC, changed name on USB file to swdl_boombox_6.5GT_CVO.iso , stuck usb into bike and took about an hour.  (changed the name before I ever stuck in the bike) Thanks Chuck.

I'm not computer literate and have never used a GPS of any kind so it can be done.  Don't know why I downloaded the new maps, just wanted to see if I could do it I suppose. 

From an old map reader.

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
you don't have to rename the file
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2015, 08:26:04 PM »

just follow post #72 it will work fine

i tried a few different posts before this worked, but it worked fine
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2015, 07:44:05 PM »

Finally bought a usb drive for the nav update.  I read all of the guides and then proceeded with the update.

The biggest problem i had was that, since i have Satellite internet, which totally sucks, i am limited to how much data i have a month, 25G.

Ask anyone who has cable, FIOS, how much data they use a month, they would say What how much, no idea.

Anyway i have free zone, doesn't count for my monthly allotment, from midnight to 5 AM, this is when my computers update.

Attempting to download the maps, all went well for awhile, actually about 50% of an excruciatingly slow download  and then lost my sat signal, like losing your Sirius Signal.  Map updates does not like this.  In the morning i found this out, so navi won't recognize a partial download, said my usb wasn't connected.

So reformat the usb, get fingerprint from bike and prepare for the next midnight try.  Unfortunately the same thing happened on the 2nd night.

So reformat, get fingerprint and prepare for night 3.  As they say 3rd time is a charm.  Then took it to the bike and uploaded the new maps.

The downloading was the reason i had been procrastinating,
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2015, 12:31:50 AM »

I updated my system tonight. My son, an IT guy, was home for holidays and he actually did it for me. He did want me to post that without the help from members regarding renaming the file it would have been a difficult, time consuming ordeal. As it was he changed to FAT32, renamed the file and it took 1 hr total. We did use a USB 3.0/16g thumbdrive and the download from internet was very fast.
So thanks guys, appreciate your help.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2015, 10:30:09 PM »

Well I am frustrated beyond words. I love my bike and I love Harley's in general. But this has to be the biggest pos set up I have ever seen. I read in great detail every post about this update and I am grateful to the members for their input. I read in detail the boom manual as well. Followed each and every step as closely as possible with no luck. If I don't change the file name it stays stuck in the authenticating mode. If I change the file name the bike says it is a corrupt usb.

Now I am a computer dumb ass but my wife is a computer whiz and she couldn't make this pos work. I am appreciative that members suggested changing the file name. But what infuriates me is nonwhere that I can find is that step suggested. I didn't see that step in the navietrax help guides, not in the boom manual or anywhere else. So if that step isn't listed what other steps were just over looked.

I have a great relationship with my dealer but they won't do the GPS updates only the radio. So we get 3 free updates over the next five years for having a CVO. And what good is that when you can't get the update or it takes you unlimited hours to accomplish what should be a very simple task.

Yes I am pissed cause this sucks!!!!!! Rant over

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2015, 11:22:34 PM »

My only issue was my sorry ass slow sat internet, this caused me to have to attempt to download the maps 3 times, 3 separate nights because of my download data limitations.

I did not change the name of any files, i can't see where/why in this procedure it would actually be required, i just followed the steps.

My advice would be to make sure you start the download with a blank usb drive.   I formatted the usb drive between each attempt, i think the default format was fat32. I am using Windows 10 O/S,  I did not change any format default, just selected format and in about 5 seconds a 16G USB drive was formatted.

Then i took it to the bike and got the fingerprint, it never took more than 5 minutes to recognize the usb and export the finger print.

Then, selecting the North America Maps and downloaded, since my sat internet is so slow, i was using the 3.0 usb drive socket on my computer, i fell asleep and that morning i checked the computer and it said, i think, Ready to Install.

I then turned on the power, radio, accept, plugged in the usb, it took about 5 + minutes to finish hand shaking between the bike and the usb, i was a little concerned that my download may have been incomplete, corrupted or something but then it took off and started the update, which took at least an hour and 20 min.

I'd make sure my usb was formatted, no files on it, and try again, because i thought i might be able to pick up where the download stopped, but each time during my first two attempts at downloading and it stopping, the navi software said my usb/device and computer were not hooked up, so partial download, must start over ie reformat the usb.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 11:30:08 PM by 68 XLCH »
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2015, 09:11:28 PM »

My only issue was my sorry ass slow sat internet, this caused me to have to attempt to download the maps 3 times, 3 separate nights because of my download data limitations.

I did not change the name of any files, i can't see where/why in this procedure it would actually be required, i just followed the steps.

My advice would be to make sure you start the download with a blank usb drive.   I formatted the usb drive between each attempt, i think the default format was fat32. I am using Windows 10 O/S,  I did not change any format default, just selected format and in about 5 seconds a 16G USB drive was formatted.

Then i took it to the bike and got the fingerprint, it never took more than 5 minutes to recognize the usb and export the finger print.

Then, selecting the North America Maps and downloaded, since my sat internet is so slow, i was using the 3.0 usb drive socket on my computer, i fell asleep and that morning i checked the computer and it said, i think, Ready to Install.

I then turned on the power, radio, accept, plugged in the usb, it took about 5 + minutes to finish hand shaking between the bike and the usb, i was a little concerned that my download may have been incomplete, corrupted or something but then it took off and started the update, which took at least an hour and 20 min.

I'd make sure my usb was formatted, no files on it, and try again, because i thought i might be able to pick up where the download stopped, but each time during my first two attempts at downloading and it stopping, the navi software said my usb/device and computer were not hooked up, so partial download, must start over ie reformat the usb.

Good luck.

68 XLCH,

Thanks so much for the step by step instructions. I (my wife) was able to complete the update because of your input. I guess we were not properly formatting......I guess? Thanks again.

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2015, 12:47:34 AM »

Hondo, i am happy that you and your wife were able to get the update done successfully. 

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:54:14 AM by 68 XLCH »

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »

Appreciate all of the exploring done by earlier adopters. Managed to sort this out without too many tears today. Note it was certainly not intuitive but went pretty much as follows:

1. Updated patch 19.2 ..whatever we are up to........ on a freshly formatted fat32 8gb usb as per previous patches
2. Exported fingerprint as per directions in manual/posts on a freshly formatted fat 32 16gb usb
3. Downloaded navi-extras onto desktop
4. Updated files on fingerprint usb. The navi-extras app was little help and luckily I was able to follow guidance from earlier posters. the key issue was to update both the base file and the US maps file which took about an hour to download and does not show up in the navi-extras software in any great hurry.
You have to wait for it
5. Loaded into bike using renamed iso file. Pretty straightforward again just some time required.
6. No problems took around an hour before Lucille declared all was ok & she was updated.

Will take Lucille out for a spin tomorrow and see what happens map wise.

Thanks very much for taking the time to write up your experiences and save me time, frustration & cuss words.

Cheers Tom
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 22 queries.