Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Author Topic: Infotainment System 2014 Maps  (Read 35471 times)

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
Re: Infotainment System 2014 Maps
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2016, 04:37:17 PM »

What I find amazing is that with a brand new 2016 FLHXSE the most uptodate navigation software on the radio (and on the  Naviextras website ) is 2Q2014 (which I presume is second quarter 2014). Doesn't  Harley / Naviextras have a more recent map database. On my Garmin 660 GPS I'm getting two or three full updates a year. On the Harley I'm getting 2014 software.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2016, 05:35:05 PM »

What I find amazing is that with a brand new 2016 FLHXSE the most uptodate navigation software on the radio (and on the  Naviextras website ) is 2Q2014 (which I presume is second quarter 2014). Doesn't  Harley / Naviextras have a more recent map database. On my Garmin 660 GPS I'm getting two or three full updates a year. On the Harley I'm getting 2014 software.
Don't worry, your Garmin is just as outdated as your bike. I update the Garmin I use in my work truck every time there's an update and there's roads that are three years old that still aren't on the maps.  :coolblue:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2016, 06:32:21 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

CVOjh

• CVO1: FLHTKSE 14
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2016, 02:02:37 PM »

this post to share my experience;

I had the never ending "authenticating" message. I tried many times and followed the procedure by the book: didn't work. Changed the  swdl name for the long one: didn't work. When I when back the  swdl name and while the bloody "authenticating" message was displayed, I got a phone call on my usb connected cell phone.  The boom screen went to the phone page (contact ....) and stayed there when I did not take the call. The top left corner displayed "rtrn to swftupdt" which I clicked. The system when back to the "authenticating" page briefly and went on asking me if I wanted to update! Update lasted 1.5 Hours and was fine.

Thought this might help someone that has tried everything with no success.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2016, 09:00:26 AM »

USB connected cell phone? Or Blue Tooth connected? Or did you load file on cell phone and plug in?
Will

CVOjh

• CVO1: FLHTKSE 14
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2016, 11:41:27 PM »

Sorry, I meant to say "bluetooth" connected cell phone. Usb had the stick that came with the bike.

Gravs

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2016, 10:58:30 AM »

I want to thank everybody on this thread for doing the legwork on this update.  It shouldn't be this difficult.

I plugged in my USB drive and got the ongoing "authenticating" message.  After a couple of tries I pulled the drive out to regroup.
I changed the file name as noted earlier in this thread and tried again.  Once the radio booted it IMMEDIATELY recognized the USB and asked if I wanted to "update to trunk".  I answered yes and the installation began.  It took about an hour. 

Thanks again!

bavery

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NS

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2016, 11:58:12 AM »

I agree. It should not be this difficult. It took me hours to get to the point where I could move beyond the authenticating message. It seems like a few relatively simple steps but... The download was about 1.5 hours into the process and it stopped - stick too small. Started over with a bigger stick. 2 hours or more later I had the update on a stick. Plugged into the bike 3 times before it recognized the update and offered the option to move forward. Didn't do anything different on all tries. simply pulled it out and re-plugged it back in. Go figure. It finished in just under and hour. I have yet to try it but I am hopeful!!

This forum and others experience here that helped a lot. Thanks to all for sharing the experiences.
If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, you are lucky enough.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2016, 10:30:04 PM »

Start to finish I (actually my IT son) downloaded and installed mine in less than 2 hours total with NO problems, he actually read thru this posting, started and finished, never a problem.

bavery

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NS

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2016, 01:25:41 PM »

That's what I needed an IT son - or at least someone younger than I ;)

I had a chance to be sure it worked. I was a bit nervous at first. I hit the nav button and it said "not ready". it worked fine after a minute. I checked the software and it is the database version and it was the one that was suppose to be installed.

Just need some warmer weather to break the new sled in.
If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, you are lucky enough.

3mcam

• Junior CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE Bronze Armor
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2016, 06:55:42 PM »

Navi extras toolbox will not download. Indicated a corrupt file. Any ideas. I have disabled all firewalls and anti-virus programs.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »

Navi extras toolbox will not download. Indicated a corrupt file. Any ideas. I have disabled all firewalls and anti-virus programs.

Yes I ran into the same thing. I just did it last night. What I did was I used the file explorer to go into the download directory. I double-clicked the downloaded file there. When it comes up complaining at that point just tell it to run it anyway. Everything worked fine after that for me. I would mention the following things to keep an eye out for possible confusion:

1) After successfully installing the toolbox and running it. Make sure to allow it enough time to finish reading your usb stick after inserting into the PC.
2) Make sure you select for update the map updates that it should present to you as a found and available update. This will take time to finish.
3) You may need to change the name of one of the files as suggested in an earlier post to get it to move past the authentication.

My opinion is HD should have just sent CVO owners a USB stick for the first three free map updates. If they consider CVO owners some of their best customers (since they are giving them three free updates) this would have made them feel special, rather than what they likely feel after doing the update (which is pissed off).

Similar to the car companies who send out DVD updates after you pay for them. HD should just send out USB sticks. IMHO.

Good luck with your update.

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2016, 08:38:10 PM »

Do you ave a valid finger print from your bike on the thumb drive.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2016, 10:47:28 PM »

I coincidentally had the exact same issue as 3mcam last night when I decided to do the update. Although I was able to complete the whole process from start to finish in a couple of hours, downloading the toolbox would result in the same corrupt file error after the download finished. It did this on a windows 10 laptop, so then I downloaded it on an XP laptop with the same result. Then I downloaded it using my Macbook Pro, put it on a USB stick and copied it to the windows laptop. The toolbox download evidently looks suspicious to virus protection etc. Probably because of whatever means they are using in the toolbox software to keep the maps from being used by more than one user. THEY want their money!

Anyway, the way around it for me was to simply go directly to the download directory and double-click on the file to force it to run from their. Then it will still complain about it being a program you may not want to run, but you can choose to override it and select run anyway.

I have been off of windows machines for several years now and just used a couple of my wife's laptops so that I could do this. Like I said it was a total of two hours, and actually this particular issue is really related to windows/virus/firewall whatever detection and not the download software. After getting past this it went smoothly. The problem is customers really just want the update and not all the hassle. Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps rather than hinders.

3mcam

• Junior CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE Bronze Armor
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2016, 08:24:01 AM »

Thanks everyone. I didn't even consider going into the download file and run it anyways. I did and it has loaded. Now for the rest of the process.

Thanks again.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.