Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Friend taken too soon.  (Read 6348 times)

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
Re: Friend taken too soon.
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »

Very SORRY for the loss of your friend. will pray for thefamily & friends he has left behind. I say " behind " in that I also pray that he knew & had a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, that he has gone on before you to the kingdom of heaven.I don't mean this in any kind of harmful way.I never assume any,ore on ones relationship with Jesus Christ. We are not promised tomorrow. this could be any one of us. so I pray that we ALL come to know Christ & acknowledge him as Lord & Savior. as for not riding? this is always my question, if this had happened in a car, would you quit driving? or one had choke on glass of water, would you quit drinking? would he want you to give up riding, knowing how much you enjoyed it with him & even when you rode without him. I know it's hard, it's your choice & decision & it's difficult when your heart is hurting. know that you have family here that will be praying for you. Take care! God Bless!
sorry I got a little long. lost a friend couple yrs back on a charity ride. we ride with Christian Motorcycle Association . had a deer run out between him & the bike in front of him T-bone the deer, died instantly, left 3 children. I know the emotions
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 01:39:11 AM »

I don't think any of us like this part of the forum - but just know, that we are all thinking of you and the families. Peace be with you. 

2014WtGld

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 09:21:06 PM »

Thanks for the prayers his wife and children will need them in days and weeks to come. My friend was def. a follower of Christ as I am also.  And is no doubt with him now. We laid him to rest today. Tho not easy it was a beautiful day and several of us rode our bikes to the ceremony as to have one last ride with him. As many have said I have considered what my friend would want and he def. wouldn't want anyone to stop riding because of this tragedy. So I will continue to ride on. And try to be as careful as possible and we all should be. I still can't wrap my head around it but I know it's gods plan and one day I'll see him again and two wheels will be under him no doubt. Thanks again. And all be safe.   
A little side note about my friend summed up by the preacher that done the ceremony.
He said ( Rob had such a diverse set of friends it can even be seen here. We have sinners,repinters and even a few 1 percenters.)
He made an impression on many and will missed.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:28:30 PM by 2014WtGld »

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 11:15:02 PM »

Sorry to hear of your loss.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.