Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: TMan vs Zippers Headwork  (Read 21433 times)

MCE

Re: TMan vs Zippers Headwork
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 11:28:11 PM »

I'd talk to John Walker (Torque Inc), his stuff is all CNC'ed. I quit hand porting these things, big waste of time.

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 07:09:42 AM »

never seen a CNC`d head that cant be improved on by hand.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 08:19:04 AM »

Same here.
Thing with a CNC head is, if you plant corn, you get corn..........only as good or bad as the laser scan of the master head..............and where does one suspect the master head came from??? :)
Scott

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 08:29:15 AM »

I'd be surprised if Sachs, Dorfman and WFOLarry didn't do some level of hand work.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 08:57:25 AM »

The CNC heads I have seen from Tq Inc have been hand finished as well.   Just did a couple of sets in the last couple of weeks and they came out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCE

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 10:10:53 AM »

I've tested John's stuff. He's an arrogant ass, but his $hit works.

And the finish work always has to be done by hand, that's a given.

MCE

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 10:12:50 AM »

Same here.
Thing with a CNC head is, if you plant corn, you get corn..........only as good or bad as the laser scan of the master head..............and where does one suspect the master head came from??? :)
Scott

The master head came from lots and lots and lots of testing. ;) My dyno got lots of use as did many others.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:14:59 AM by MCE »

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 10:34:23 AM »

Same here.
Scott

From my best understanding.  It didn't start with your work.

Phaq2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 10:04:41 AM »

Not to hi-jack the thread but,
I'd put Jim @ Mega-Flo at the top of the list for hand port work or any work for that matter. Just sayin
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:06:20 AM by Phaq2 »

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2015, 12:15:33 PM »

From my best understanding.  It didn't start with your work.

You have a lot of growing up to do son.....but you'll figure that out in time....maybe.
You aimed snide remarks and other related bullchit at us for some time now.......only spoon-fed to you from the sewing circle you inhabit.
You have some issue with us?..................feel free to swing by the shop................until then, feel free to keep your childish horse chit to yourself. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 12:16:46 PM »

The master head came from lots and lots and lots of testing. ;) My dyno got lots of use as did many others.

Exactly as to what we have seen/done here to establish our cylinder head program. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 01:52:58 PM »

You have a lot of growing up to do son.....but you'll figure that out in time....maybe.
You aimed snide remarks and other related bullchit at us for some time now.......only spoon-fed to you from the sewing circle you inhabit.
You have some issue with us?..................feel free to swing by the shop................until then, feel free to keep your childish horse chit to yourself. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

Us?  You got a mouse in your pocket?  I only see you tearing down others to make yourself look good.

Your snide remarks about John's head:

Scott

This passive/ aggressive statement leads people to believe that he had to laser scan somebody else's head.  He couldn't of ported heads and flowed them, dyno tested them and used them for a pattern.  Isn't CNC work just a way to reproduce the same ports repeatedly?  No magic in it.  The CNC doesn't create any more power.  Just an automated way to get there.  Only reason I can see it being your concern if you think that you got copied.  I simply stated that.  Nope, your heads were not copied.  If you are going to dish it out.  Better be ready to lick that spoon.

I had no problem with you.  I got you "son" and idle threat to swing by.  Don't let your fingers write checks behind a computer screen you can't cash.  I have no problem toeing the line.  So keep pounding those fat pills, and playing tough guy on the net.

I'll be over here letting my work speak for itself.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 03:02:46 PM »

Generalized statement aimed at no one, only in regards to the CNC porting, and only refering/agreeing to Kirbys statement which DID NOT HAVE A THING TO DO WITH YOU!!
You jumped prematurely and turned on your cyber-sarcasm.
You want to swing on something, son............stop by, that simple.
Your britches must need to be changed by now, this time of day........ :)
Scott
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:25:20 PM by HILLSIDECYCLE.COM »

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 03:56:00 PM »

If anybody else has me pegged that I have a imaginary problem with them.  Feel free to ring me up.  I don't know if I can post my shop number but I am easy to find.  A man to man phone conversation could of probably cleared this up with in a couple of minutes.  Peacocking on an open forum isn't the girl drama anybody wants.  I am sure the mods don't want it either.

......and where does one suspect the master head came from??? :)
Scott

Part of the definition of manhood is integrity.  Quit being a little girl and own your actions.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 04:28:58 PM »

Yet another thread that started with a site member who is going to do some winter motor work and simply asked the membership for some input - that once again resulted in vendors insulting each other.

It used to be that regular ole site members could talk about there motor modifications (or bike modifications in general), maybe post some photos of their work as it progressed, perhaps ask a few questions or give some honest helpful advice, and we could all follow along with interest.  Nobody trying to sell anything, nobody trying to upstage anyone, nobody telling them how they would do it better, nobody getting nasty with their comments...  No sarcasm, no agenda's, no convoluted posts with "hidden meaning". 

I think much of what "used to be" still takes place on the site, only now it mostly happens within PM's.  I know I'm pretty much daily responding to members PM's, answering their questions as best I can, sharing any knowledge or experience I possess, and am happy to do so.  Members that don't want to ask their questions in public, for fear of their questions turning into threads like this one.  It's too bad.  I enjoyed this place a lot more in the old days, when it was just a bunch of guys talking.

Nothing wrong with vendors on the site.  As long as they are site members first and vendors a distant second.  Some of our site vendors are good for the site, but others, not so much...   But that's just my opinion, which counts for very little (as it should)...   :)

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.