Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Some New Mods  (Read 42075 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Some New Mods
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 06:12:25 PM »

Great pics Howie.  Thanks.  The Street Glide looks sweet, but kinda plain, next to that awesome looking SERK.   8-)
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 06:25:37 PM »

Sweet ride Hoist, BUT, WHERE's the Tour Pack??
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 06:25:59 PM »

Great pics Howie.  Thanks.  The Street Glide looks sweet, but kinda plain, next to that awesome looking SERK.   8-)
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

Thanks Red. My buddy sold his '03 Ultra to buy an '07 RG. I tried talikng him into a CVO. He really wanted the RG. I was surprised when he told me he bought this bike. But it's set-up really nice. And they threw in the 103" upgade too. You can do what B B did to LD. You can make a real nice '07 SEEG pretty easily out of that bike! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 06:28:09 PM »

Sweet ride Hoist, BUT, WHERE's the Tour Pack??

Hey HB, you startin' again? ;D ;D ;D "TourPaks, we don't need no stinking TourPaks!" :o Hoist! 8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 06:30:17 PM »

Hey HB, you startin' again? ;D ;D ;D "TourPaks, we don't need no stinking TourPaks!" :o Hoist! 8-)
I was just joking. I'm only working on my post per day count! I'm taking it you're sleeping in the garage with the RK?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 06:32:03 PM »

Great mods you did on your bike! Congrats!

Nice pics of the SG.  Very nice color.  Looks very different in various light.

I wonder about something on your ride report. Why change fuel lines?  Its just not on my mods list and would like to know more.

Thanks
Ruben

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 06:32:54 PM »

[highlight]I was just joking. I'm only working on my post per day count![/highlight] I'm taking it you're sleeping in the garage with the RK?

;D ;D ;D

No man, the garage is separate from the house. That chit's cold in there. But I'll be back out tonight checking on the Battery Tender! ::) Hoist! 8-)

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »

Hoist your mods are coming together real nice. I ordered a set of those aux light brackets and was wondering which lamps you went with? Did you do the install and relocation of turn signals yourself? Do you have the part numbers?

thanks woody
WOODY

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 06:42:49 PM »

Great mods you did on your bike! Congrats!

Nice pics of the SG.  Very nice color.  Looks very different in various light.

I wonder about something on your ride report. Why change fuel lines?  Its just not on my mods list and would like to know more.

Thanks
Ruben

Hey Ruben, thanks a lot man.

I like that color too, for a red bike. ::) It's not Black though! ;D

I'm putting on the HD Braided Stainless Steel lines. They show the crossover for the Touring bikes but not the main gas line. You use the one from the Dyna. It fits. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Speaking of Braided Stainless Lines, what's up with those rubber oil cooler lines? :-? Any matching SS replacements for those? Anyone?

Also, the drain screws on the chrome lower fork legs are not chrome! :o I have the chrome replacements. Would it be OK to change them on-the-fly, putting your finger over them while quickly put the new screws in? I'm thinking that's alright. I don't need to worry about air or anything else, huh? Anyone?

Hoist! 8-)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 06:47:59 PM »

Hoist your mods are coming together real nice. I ordered a set of those aux light brackets and was wondering which lamps you went with? Did you do the install and relocation of turn signals yourself? Do you have the part numbers?

thanks woody

Thanks Woody, I'll look up the P/N s for you, but everything's in the Touring Section of the HD catalog if you want to see pictures of everything. The aux lights are the Halogens to match the Headlight. You need to buy the Aux light mounted signals to mount there. The handlebar signals don't work. I had the dealer install the whole set-up pre-delivery. I didn't want to mess with it in the winter. How's it going with yours? ;) Hoist! 8-)

Added: Woody and anyone else interested, the parts list for the lighting and some other mods:

K&N A/F HD-0800 (approx $50); HD 53988-07 ($54.95 List) 2-up luggage rack/tour-pak detachable hardware kit; HD 69227-04A (222.44) Aux Light Bracket (from FLHXstyle for FLHR)for detachable windshields w/ HD 69228-04 ($45.62) smoked bullet turn signals, HD 69622-99B (29.90) frenched-in passing lamp trim ring, HD-68208-98A ($67.95List) halogen lamps and 69235-04 ($7.21) hardware kit; HD 69627-99 ($26.16)  frenched-in headlamp trim ring (to match passing lamps); oil temp/level dipstick; *True-Track; *HD 63698-02 ($27.42) braided S/S crossover line kit; *HD 63020-04 ($31.36) Braided SS Fuel Line; *HD 62809-06 ($21.56) fuel tank fitting cover; *S&S SPO Mufflers( approx $400) and *PCIII USB (approx $375). I will be testing it to see if the TD's will be necessary as well. If the heat's OK, I'll use the stock headpipes, If not, I'll Dyno it at 1K mi with the stock headpipes and then again with the TD's on. I'm real curious to see the difference. If the heat's OK, I'll just Dyno-tune it that way at 1K mi and leave the stock headpipes.  

I hope I got these right. Doublecheck the parts catalog.

Hoist! 8-)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 06:57:07 PM by Hoist »

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 06:51:42 PM »

Hoist;  Marlins clocks has a nifty fork lock cover and clock combo that matches the horseshoe style speedo. Not sure of the address, but you should be able to search web to have a look. I liked enough to order.
WOODY

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 06:54:31 PM »

And look, that big old Rambler luggage rack is gone too! It's just for trips! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Now that's a MAJOR improvement  :D  New ride is lookin good Howie. You keep goin we'll name it Tom Jones or Englebert   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

B B

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »

Should be going in sometime next week if all goes according to schedule. Also stealer admitted mistake trying to sell me the complete se ac kit. I also ordered the K&N HD 800 to complete set up.
WOODY

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 06:58:26 PM »

Now that's a MAJOR improvement  :D  New ride is lookin good Howie. You keep goin we'll name it Tom Jones or Englebert   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

B B

Thanks B B, how about Frank?!!! ;) Hoist!

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007, 06:59:25 PM »

thanks Hoist for those numbers
WOODY
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.