Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Help with Comm's Delemma and is bluetooth possible now??  (Read 5926 times)

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
Help with Comm's Delemma and is bluetooth possible now??
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:33:55 AM »

Ok, "my" situation.  I am a Ride Captain and installed the CB transmitter etc in my 16 SG as sweepers etc are using the CB as standard means of us keeping the Cat Herding running smoothly.  My bride finally decided she wanted her own ride and I just purchased her a Switchback.  So, it would be nice to have a Bluetooth headset for the both of us say the Sena 20 so we can talk if just the 2 of us are out riding, plus the 20 will give her tunes (FM).  However it would be nice to have 1 setup that would work with both the CB on the boom and be able to communicate via Bluetooth to her or the group.  I have seen some posts that the Sena 20's or 10's along with the SM10 have solved the transmission problem of the CB via Bluetooth.  If this is true can you confirm this, and could you show pictures of your wiring setup.  Very much appreciated!

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
Re: Help with Comm's Delemma and is bluetooth possible now??
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 12:36:10 PM »

http://shop.ake-electronic.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=627

This item was discussed elsewhere recently.  I just can't find the post.  It solves the problem of stereo and duplex with a cleverly placed button.

From their site:

Your Harley Davidson intercom is still working with cable helmet sets? No problem, with this Bluetooth Helmet Connector from AKE you can make your wired helmet connection of your Harley Davidson intercom Bluetooth capable. All other functions of your motorbike intercom, e.g. radio, navigation, two-way radio, mobile phone, etc. can therefore be used without cables. Bluetooth operation either in duplex or stereo. Switching Duplex / Stereo either by pressing the button at the Bluetooth Helmet Connector *. After activating both devices a signal in Duplex mode is transmitted to the helmet. If you want a specific of this operation after switching on, you can report this when ordering.

Looks like about three bones (including the power stabilizer) to get rid of the cable and use all of the Boom features.

M

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 08:12:42 AM »

Thanks Mark

Anyone on the form using this that can give us a review???

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 08:43:06 PM »

This is an old post of mine on how I am using The Sena 20s and Sena BT10.
I have about 2300 miles on this set up and it works great

I set up a SENA 20S paired with SENA BT10 and was able to send voice commands to GPS worked great. Wired the BT10 into the 280plug in the fairing 2 wires I did order the plug from Ebay for $9 But not really needed. The BT10 is very small and fits in the USB compartment. It will also work to transmit on the CB and phone
 For now I am only using it one way I listen to everything out of the speakers but it should also work 2way with the addition of 2 more wires. Both my wife and I can use the CB  GPS and phone while talking to each other.  You pair your phone to the bike. Pair the 20 s to the BT10. Hope this helps

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 07:21:54 AM »

Any chance of a couple pictures of the wire setup?  Sorry but I am IT challenged.  :nixweiss:

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 02:04:33 PM »

I did not take any pictures but if you want to do it the same way I did you use a 1/8 speaker jack 2 conductor That plugs in to the Sena BT10
the other end 2 wires go to the empty 280 socket in the fairing to Mike +
and mike - you can buy the matching plug  or just use the smallest female spade connectors you can find they should be red. You can call me if you want much easier for me to tell you how it works then to type it. It is very easy

434three seven 2 o614
Chuck

KST's
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 07:52:05 AM »

Thanks Chuck,  found this http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=24 after going through Sena form.  They are going to be at the speedway for bike week so I think I will check them out.

grv

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 06:51:54 AM »

I did not take any pictures but if you want to do it the same way I did you use a 1/8 speaker jack 2 conductor That plugs in to the Sena BT10
the other end 2 wires go to the empty 280 socket in the fairing to Mike +
and mike - you can buy the matching plug  or just use the smallest female spade connectors you can find they should be red. You can call me if you want much easier for me to tell you how it works then to type it. It is very easy

434three seven 2 o614
Chuck
Chuck, specify please it is "BT10" these are http://www.sena.com/product/sm10/ or it is exactly "SENA Mic BT10" http://www.sena.com/product/bluetoothmicintercom/?
Vlad.

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 02:39:47 PM »

This is what I am using.
http://www.sena.com/product/bluetoothmicintercom/?
Paired with Sena 20s.

Keep in mind I am only using this set up in one direction and that is to give commands to the GPS talk on the CB talk on my phone.
I listen to every thing on the Bike speakers. This works with 2 sena 20 s So that my wife and I can speak to each other and either one of us can speak to the bike. My 20s pairs to the BT10 the wive then pairs to me and the phones pair to the bike.
I believe it will work 2 way with the addition of 1 more wire but have not tested this because I rather listen to speakers on the bike.
The only other thing you need to do is Open  the BT10 and un plug the internal Mike The way to do that is take the chrome ring around the top off and then the case opens up easy you can then see the little plug for the Mike just un plug the mike put all back together and your good to go after you wire the BT10 to the bike you just set the volume out of the BT10 so that the GPS understands the command it takes very little volume. Once you have everything working you do not have to touch the BT10 anymore you get on the bike turn on the 20s hit the botton it pairs to BT10 and off you go.

KST's
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

ultra98

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 03:03:49 PM »

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 05:13:30 PM »

Yes they are but with that setup it is made to plug in the head set socket in the middle of the tank so the cable draped across the tank and then you have to find a place to mount the device. I think it hangs on the bars

With the BT10 it goes in the little compartment is powered on and off with the bike   thru the USB cable already in there. You don't even know its there and if want to play music from USB like I  do you simply add a small USB Hub the one that I am using fits right in the slot of the compartment and gives me 4 USB slots
I use 2 USB drives and the BT10

This is the way I solved the no Bluetooth problem.
Its simple and it just WORKS for 33000 miles now.

KST's
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

grv

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 06:02:36 PM »

But it can be connected too it is reserved.
I haven't understood: all your talk it is heard in motorcycle loudspeakers?
The truth would be great to look at all your connections in photos. In words not really it is clear (((

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 09:21:48 PM »

I do not have pictures

KST's
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

grv

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 06:32:44 AM »

then, at least scheme of connection, please  :) ???

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 07:22:57 AM »

First I see Sena is now HD's official Bluetooth communication provider and are now listed on the HD site.  However they are not yet listing any comm's to enable CB communication.  I did purchase the S20 clamp http://www.sena.com/product/20s-helmet-clamp-kit-for-cbaudio-of-harley-davidson/ back a couple months ago that was the cheapest means, but still corded but it has not met my expectations namely a lot of noise (static) when using it.  Sena did offer a couple suggestions but thus far no luck.  Going on a group ride today and will give it one last try.  Sena has offered my money back.
In speaking with Sena they advised the Freewire would not be available now until November likely but as stated above you have to run your 7pin to it and then it sends the Bluetooth signal to the S20 headset.
I think with HD now in the picture and dropping the standard CB from most of their models you are going to see Sena move forward with these devices specific to HD owners.  Time will tell.  Of course there will likely be a premium for having the HD logo on the units instead of Sena's.  Likely going to return this for a refund and wait it out for a while to see what comes out.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.