Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Screaming Eagle Ignition System  (Read 2115 times)

NYChog

Screaming Eagle Ignition System
« on: January 24, 2005, 12:07:30 PM »

Hello,

Can someone please give me some information about  this ignition system part # 31765-04A.  In the catalog it just tells you that you can rev up to 6200 rpm.  Is it worth installing?  Also if you change this part would it be a good idea to change the coil too?

Thanks..

mfgreen

Re: Screaming Eagle Ignition System
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 12:17:59 PM »

Hello,

Can someone please give me some information about

NYChog

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 03:01:57 PM »

WOW!  Now I'm really confused.  

I'm going to install the Rhinehart true duals and a SE air intake with a powercommander.  Do you think it would be benificial to install the Ignition module as well?

Thanks.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 03:05:46 PM »

It is not necessary but if you do you will get the increased in the rev limiter to 6200 rpm

RRSteve

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 03:34:20 PM »

I read that the latest Power Commander now has the option of raising the rev limiter and also has more fueling options, the one mentioned was start up fueling. I just read that in a news article a couple of days ago.

From the Power Commander website:
-The first new feature is "Rev X-tend". This will give you the ability to have an increased rev limit over stock without having to modify the bike's ECM. No longer will you need to take the bike to the dealer to have the ECM "re flashed" in order to have the higher rev limit your bike needs with modified cams, heads, etc.
The second new feature is "Start Fuel". This allows you to add additional fuel during startup. On heavily modified and/or large displacement engines (i.e 124 ci), extra fuel is sometimes required to ease starting. This is a software adjustable setting that makes it possible to increase the amount of fuel "injected" into the engine during cranking without making the idle overly rich once the engine starts.

Both features will be available in March 2005 for both new and existing USB models. For information on how to install these upgrades, please check the web site in early March.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 03:39:13 PM by RRSteve »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 03:40:52 PM »

Great news that was the one flaw with the power commander was you couldn't raise the rev limiter glad they listened.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.