Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A value question...  (Read 1274 times)

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
A value question...
« on: January 31, 2005, 06:40:39 PM »

Can anyone here give me a decent value estimate?  I know there's as many opinions as there are...  

But that's what I'm looking for.  Granted, we're all biased in favor of our "babies", but please try and be objective.  

I'm building an Exile bobber (Russell Mitchel), and yes, you save lots doing the labor yourself.  And so one of my baggers has got to go.  I have struggled with this for months, but I can't have 3 bikes.  And so the pumpkin's gotta go to help finance this project.  It's not easy to do this... I LOVE HER.

Orange and black, 4k miles, all the usual SE stuff and some extra chrome.  Not one scuff.  Truly showroom with all the goodies it came with.   Properly broken in, and truly never beat on.  It even comes with a 1st place trophy :)

Can anyone give me an idea what I should sell her for?

Thanks much in advance!  Dave  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
Re: A value question...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 06:49:44 PM »

Don't know if this will end up helping or not but you could follow this auction to the end and see what kind of bids are made on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=49996&item=4523234415&rd=1

Heavy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 08:36:11 PM »

I have helped two buds sell these bikes here in Chicago and right now market is very soft here. You can see the over stock that all our dealers have here. Two factors soft sales and all of our dealerships have gone through major expansions and renovations to get more bikes allocated to them from the MOCO, of course weather but you know that  one already.
Too many bikes not enough customers one Blue and black sold for 28,000.00 3500k had the King tour pack vents you name it, and the Pumpkin sold for 26,500 7400k stock I think that if they would have waited till spring they may have brought another 1000. I also believe that depending on what the MOCO offers next year for a CVO that will affect the pricing as it did this year negativly for 04 owners. More bang for the buck on the 05 ie. vents ,tour pack ect.  I personaly have an 04 with 500 miles and a yellow 05 on order depending on which one i like better I will dump one too. Just my two cents
Heavy

mfgreen

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 10:02:52 PM »

Seems that 25-26000 is what is somewhat assured.  Today's bid on that ebay bike is $18,100.  If you read the report of what is on that bike and what is not, there are things added and things missing.  Seems to be a repossession of sorts.  Getting to the buyer is the difficulty.  Hotrodstitcher just sold a SEEG quite quickly.  Don't know what it brought.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 01:52:16 AM »

Seems that 25-26000 is what is somewhat assured.
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 10:05:26 AM »

'05's are going here for $33.5 (stealer premium over sticker, no negotiating).   Just paid $28K 6 weeks ago for a Blue/Black '04 with 300 miles, showroom condition...but I think that was a very good price considering what I've seen on the net and that it is essentially a brand new bike.  Found mine thru CycleTrader.com...sold my RoadKing thru them too...recommend you check 'em out.  Also recommend you not sell the pumpkin....do what I did and get your wife a second job.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

elvis

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 10:49:48 AM »

I know of somebody who just sold his on ebay within the first day.......somebody clicked on "buy it now for $31K" and sent the check, site unseen, from Florida to Calif.  They're now arranging for the transportation.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hotrodstitcher

• Senior CVO Member
    • Sid Chavers Company
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 11:33:42 AM »

DJW, I sold mine on E-bay last Friday it was only on one day and I had two guys call me and want to buy it. I got the check yesterday. I found if you list on Ebay give your phone number nobody will spend that much money without talking to ya first. The other guy is still calling to see if the deal fell apart, send me a PM and I'll give you his number...Good luck...

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.