Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 112 MPH in 5th and still pulling  (Read 9784 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: 112 MPH in 5th and still pulling
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »

Which GPS are you using?   If its Garmin or RoadTech it should be able to do MaxSpeed in a window to tell you what the speed was.

The Garmin that came with Maybelle.  It says 117 MPH.  So the speedo is 3 MPH fast.  Thanks for educatiing me on that.  If it warms up today, I'm gonna' stretch her legs out a little!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
112 MPH in 5th and still pulling
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2016, 10:06:36 AM »

Happy to help, yours is off less than mine I am at about 5 mph.  I hope the rain subsides so you get to ride.  Its 85 and sunny here.   We're having breakfast at Tim's over in Port Orange.  Nice cool ride over this am but gonna be a hot one.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2016, 10:15:05 PM »

Hi Guys, I was on my favorite "getting it on road" called Las Posas Rd in Ventura County. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what my RPM was at 112MPH in 5th gear. I forgot to take a note of it since I was concentrating on the road in front of me. Las Posas Rd is great for a speed run because it is flat without any peripheral foliage. The only issue is the farm workers who park along the side of the road. Natually I was not going 112MPH where they were working. If you google Las Posas Rd. in Ventura County Ca. and scan towards the ocean you will see Pt. Mugu . The bolder there is in the picture of my bike below. The car companies love that stretch of highway for commercials so you have probably all seen it at one time or another. Anyways back to my question if someone knows what RPM I was doing when I hit 112MPH in 5th I would like to know. All the gearing on my 09 is stock. Thanks in advance. CAHDBIKER

you probally were not going that fast.motorcycle speedos can be off by 10%.still going pretty good for a dresser.

heath28

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2016, 10:24:34 PM »

Is there a good phone app that would do a max speed and average speed reading?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 22 queries.