Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Critter Gawking  (Read 87078 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Critter Gawking
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2016, 11:55:35 AM »

Well

The goat would count if he hadn't already been classified by another member. If I remember correctly several of us first identified him with a spotting scope just after breakfast one morning, we even named him George and his companion is Georgette. Since that time George has become the defacto Mascot of the 2016 MV GTG. The Society would welcome any pictures that you may have of George, if in fact you have some photos, but as he has already been classified he may not be used to secure active membership status.

Gentlemen (and Twolane),

As President and Grand PooBaa of the CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society I feel compelled to iterate that there is absolutely no need to formulate a petition on Jims behalf for entry into the Society. As has been stated in other threads pertaining to the subject of entry into the Society, the beauty, or dare I say genius, of this organization is that every member of the CVO Harley site is already a member. While it is true that there will only be a finite number of Charter Members, defined as those 12 individuals who attended the first expedition in MV in 2015, any and all current forum members are invited and encouraged to participate.

H'mmm them there is a consideration - seems you and yer spottin scope are a year late to the party. Them goats was spied and verified a year earlier with the picture posted  :huepfenjump3:

Although if 2015 is the official beginning I guess I'll have to stand by and gawk as that was the first MV I missed since I started going due to my injury and resulting surgery from waterfall gawking.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Miss Susan

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

• CVO1: 2003 Lowrider
    • CVO2: 1971 Vespa Scooter
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2016, 12:02:57 PM »

HAHAHA!  You all are the lucky ones to have hooked up with Suzie and I.  No doubt about it. It takes a two strong women to put up with two fishing, hunting, shine making, critter gawking and Harley riding guys!

Miss Susan
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders, Mother Chapter, Princeton WV
Charter Member CVO Critter Gawking Society
2023 Maggie Valley
2022 Maggie Valley
2021 Maggie Valley
2020 Maggie Valley
2019 Maggie Valley
2018 Maggie Valley
2017 Maggie Valley
2016 Maggie Valley
2016 WV GTG
2015 Maggie Valley
2015 New River Gorge
2014 Maggie Valley
2012 Maggie Valley

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »

HAHAHA!  You all are the lucky ones to have hooked up with Suzie and I.  No doubt about it. It takes a two strong women to put up with two fishing, hunting, shine making, critter gawking and Harley riding guys!

Miss Susan

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!
Susan was so lucky back in 1966 to lasso such a fine catch as myself. In fact it will be 50 years on March 31st, I am a saint to be so good a catch. I hope she gets me something nice for our anniversary like a pair of heated slippers. I'm getting her a new gas powered electric start blower for the driveway.

Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »

All good reading,.....At the moment I'm going to take the chance and pop back to some Critter Gawking. I took this at 07:30am
I do believe  they are called "Canlish Geese", as I'm not being to sure of being a member of Critter Gawking Society I've posted this on the off chance it would be accepted as a Critter Gawking post and if I my point out the critters have been named.
Doe to the fact I live on the other side of the pond I thought I my hitch a ride with them by tying a bunch of their legs together to a harness. Then catch a lift on their way back to your side of the pond in order to make that MV16 Vote.
But all I got from them was a lot of "quaking and honking" the thing they do,.. one can only imagine what their reply to my suggestion was  as they flocked off quaking and honking :nixweiss:
So I won't make it there to VOTE!! (some one may vote twice) ::)   BTW. no pass port required when traveling by Canlish air.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:32:53 PM by longlast »

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2016, 04:01:39 PM »

longlast, over here in the ColoniesStates I believe they would be called Canadian Geese. They have a nasty habit of pooping all over everything. ( It may be good that they escaped your attempt to harness them into an air cargo device to bring you and your bike across the pond to Maggie Valley 2016. I doubt you would ever be able to clean all that poop off yourself or your bike.)
I noticed some white or very lite gray birds also in the submitted photograph. What kind of bird/flying animal are they? Of course only our illustrious President/Grand PooPa is the sole member to be able to confirm membership into The CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society. However,
you do get my vote and should be our first European member. But remember these guys aren't as nice as I am and are a hard bunch to sway!
Mike

PS: Have a pint for me! 
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2016, 04:51:48 PM »

longlast, over here in the ColoniesStates I believe they would be called Canadian Geese. They have a nasty habit of pooping all over everything. ( It may be good that they escaped your attempt to harness them into an air cargo device to bring you and your bike across the pond to Maggie Valley 2016. I doubt you would ever be able to clean all that poop off yourself or your bike.)
I noticed some white or very lite gray birds also in the submitted photograph. What kind of bird/flying animal are they? Of course only our illustrious President/Grand PooPa is the sole member to be able to confirm membership into The CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society. However,
you do get my vote and should be our first European member. But remember these guys aren't as nice as I am and are a hard bunch to sway!
Mike

PS: Have a pint for me!

Pint is being had :drink: :drink:
We do call them Canadian Geese as well. I just named them Canlish for "Can" being Canadian and "lish" for English.
I agree on the pooping issue that's all they do on their visit here. Perhaps these graceful shameless critters would give Grand PooPa a visit and poo,swade the hard bunch on membership confirmation?
The little white birds are "we call,.. "chit gulls" they do the same as the geese but with one factor their pooing is air born. When they're flying around beware of incoming  :'(   Thanks for your vote   8)   

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2016, 05:05:41 PM »

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!
Susan was so lucky back in 1966 to lasso such a fine catch as myself. In fact it will be 50 years on March 31st, I am a saint to be so good a catch. I hope she gets me something nice for our anniversary like a pair of heated slippers. I'm getting her a new gas powered electric start blower for the driveway.

Mike

Damn. That's my 51st B'Day. Congrats to you two.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2016, 07:06:24 PM »

I have found that you can gawk critters all over. Saw this one today coming out of Lynn Haven Florida.  About got hit trying to stop. Someone else got out and moved him.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2016, 07:15:57 PM »

H'mmm them there is a consideration - seems you and yer spottin scope are a year late to the party. Them goats was spied and verified a year earlier with the picture posted  :huepfenjump3:

Although if 2015 is the official beginning I guess I'll have to stand by and gawk as that was the first MV I missed since I started going due to my injury and resulting surgery from waterfall gawking.

Porthole,

If in fact the picture was taken before 2015 MV, which is evident by your unfortunate absence last year, then I am making the executive decision that you classified it first and therefore are now considered to be an active member with all honors, privilages and accolades.

Congratulations!!!!
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Miss Susan

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2016, 07:22:57 PM »

Pint is being had :drink: :drink:
We do call them Canadian Geese as well. I just named them Canlish for "Can" being Canadian and "lish" for English.
I agree on the pooping issue that's all they do on their visit here. Perhaps these graceful shameless critters would give Grand PooPa a visit and poo,swade the hard bunch on membership confirmation?
The little white birds are "we call,.. "chit gulls" they do the same as the geese but with one factor their pooing is air born. When they're flying around beware of incoming  :'(   Thanks for your vote   8)   

Since I'm married to the Grand PooBa, I think I can influence him to grant you the first overseas member. Maybe even start your own chapter in London. Of course you have to be a little crazy like Mikeytee & Shrader.  Well maybe crazy is a bit much, maybe just slightly touched in the head.    :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Miss Susan
2023 Maggie Valley
2022 Maggie Valley
2021 Maggie Valley
2020 Maggie Valley
2019 Maggie Valley
2018 Maggie Valley
2017 Maggie Valley
2016 Maggie Valley
2016 WV GTG
2015 Maggie Valley
2015 New River Gorge
2014 Maggie Valley
2012 Maggie Valley

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2016, 07:34:18 PM »

All good reading,.....At the moment I'm going to take the chance and pop back to some Critter Gawking. I took this at 07:30am
I do believe  they are called "Canlish Geese", as I'm not being to sure of being a member of Critter Gawking Society I've posted this on the off chance it would be accepted as a Critter Gawking post and if I my point out the critters have been named.
Doe to the fact I live on the other side of the pond I thought I my hitch a ride with them by tying a bunch of their legs together to a harness. Then catch a lift on their way back to your side of the pond in order to make that MV16 Vote.
But all I got from them was a lot of "quaking and honking" the thing they do,.. one can only imagine what their reply to my suggestion was  as they flocked off quaking and honking :nixweiss:
So I won't make it there to VOTE!! (some one may vote twice) ::)   BTW. no pass port required when traveling by Canlish air.

Longlast,

Let me be the first to officially congratulate you, our first Active Member from another country with all honors, privilages and accolades.

Congratulations, and/or Cheers!!!!

I might suggest that you could choose a name that is, shall we say, a bit more creative for this particular species other than Canlish Goose. Earlier in this thread a dead whitetail deer became a Greyhoundious Chased Southern Missouri Fence Wrecking Mofo Rigormo Doe Rater.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ

National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2016, 07:35:37 PM »

I have found that you can gawk critters all over. Saw this one today coming out of Lynn Haven Florida.  About got hit trying to stop. Someone else got out and moved him.

Jim,

What did you elect to name this particular species????

Zen Master of Pondering

Firewalker

• Firewalker.
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 non-CVO Road King Classic
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2016, 07:41:34 PM »

Hey Kiro, I wonder if you and I can become members of the Critter Gawking Society if we are staring at lobsters? We can show them before and after we consume them.

Miss Susan

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2016, 07:50:34 PM »

Hey Kiro, I wonder if you and I can become members of the Critter Gawking Society if we are staring at lobsters? We can show them before and after we consume them.

Probably have better chance if said lobsters were on my dinner table!  Just kidding. Please post photos with your creative critter name.

Miss Susan
2023 Maggie Valley
2022 Maggie Valley
2021 Maggie Valley
2020 Maggie Valley
2019 Maggie Valley
2018 Maggie Valley
2017 Maggie Valley
2016 Maggie Valley
2016 WV GTG
2015 Maggie Valley
2015 New River Gorge
2014 Maggie Valley
2012 Maggie Valley

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2016, 08:01:36 PM »

The next time a bear runs out in front of you, snap a picture, come up with a name to identify the species, and post the picture...

Then you can add "Active Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society" to your moniker.

All th' way fum th' Great State of Alaxa ah submit t'yo' fo' yer viewin' th' Pookie Bear! Fry mah hide! Ah foun' this hyar species as ah was travelin' th' Alaxan Highway some years ago. Thar was an abundance of wildlife on thet trip an' ah ain't jest talkin' about critters neifer!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:03:38 PM by Jock »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 22 queries.