Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: News from Bushtec. Feb 2024  (Read 1157 times)

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
News from Bushtec. Feb 2024
« on: February 05, 2024, 10:08:18 PM »

Dear Bushtec Customers,

It’s well known that the pull behind motorcycle trailer business has been declining for the past 15 years and continues to decline year after year. 

I purchased Bushtec Trailers in March 2017 when the previous owner decided to close it.  I have tried to add other product lines to Bushtec with no success to offset the decline in Bushtec fiberglass trailer sales. I downsized Bushtec from 32 employees in 2017 when I purchased it, to 8 employees in 2023 to make the company profitable. In 2020, after Covid, I had to raise the price of the Bushtec trailer to allow for price and wage increases.

Due to the low sales volume of trailers in 2022 and 2023 I decided to stop making the Bushtec fiberglass trailer. Bushtec will continue to sell replacement parts, hitches, wiring, wheels, tires, etc. Bushtec will also continue to service and repair trailers including re-paints. Bushtec does currently have 17 new and used trailers for sale.

So effective today, February 5th, 2024, Bushtec will no longer manufacture new trailers.
We do have the following fiberglass bodies available to build and color match to your bike; 2 - Roadstars, 1 - Turbo, 1 – Quantum Sport, 1 – Xplorer and 1 – RoadMaster with Roadstar fenders (looks great behind a Harley trike). 

Thank you for being loyal Bushtec customers.

Sincerely,

Tony Simpson
Owner of Bushtec Trailers
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: News from Bushtec. Feb 2024
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 09:16:00 AM »

Bushtec is/was the best motorcycle trailer made in my opinion and I've owned a couple of them.  Sorry to see them go the way of others before them.  My Turbo +2 back in 2006.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 09:17:58 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 09:16:55 AM »

And the more recent one....at Chip & Nancy's in 2014.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 09:18:43 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Bushtec ceases production
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 01:55:58 PM »

Posted on Facebook:

Bushtec Motorcycle Trailers

Dear Bushtec Customers,

It’s well known that the pull behind motorcycle trailer business has been declining for the past 15 years and continues to decline year after year. 
I purchased Bushtec Trailers in March 2017 when the previous owner decided to close it.  I have tried to add other product lines to Bushtec with no success to offset the decline in Bushtec fiberglass trailer sales. I downsized Bushtec from 32 employees in 2017 when I purchased it, to 8 employees in 2023 to make the company profitable. In 2020, after Covid, I had to raise the price of the Bushtec trailer to allow for price and wage increases.

Due to the low sales volume of trailers in 2022 and 2023 I decided to stop making the Bushtec fiberglass trailer. Bushtec will continue to sell replacement parts, hitches, wiring, wheels, tires, etc. Bushtec will also continue to service and repair trailers including re-paints. Bushtec does currently have 17 new and used trailers for sale.

So effective today, February 5th, 2024, Bushtec will no longer manufacture new trailers.
We do have the following fiberglass bodies available to build and color match to your bike; 2 - Roadstars, 1 - Turbo, 1 – Quantum Sport, 1 – Xplorer and 1 – RoadMaster with Roadstar fenders (looks great behind a Harley trike).

Thank you for being loyal Bushtec customers.

Sincerely,

Tony Simpson
Owner of Bushtec Trailers

I've owned two of Bushtec trailers and both were fantastic.  I no longer have one since I'm not doing as much long travels.  But for those who do have one and plan to keep it I'd sure stock up on consumables and anything that might fail since I doubt he'll restock parts.  I'm thinking of tires, tubes, wheel bearings, hinges, locks, swivel coupling on the tongue, maybe even air shocks.  Many of these items are proprietary and not available on the aftermarket.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 01:57:52 PM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Bushtec ceases production
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 04:53:07 PM »

My first one was a Roadstar that I painted to match my 05 SEEG.  It was tricked out.  Sold it after selling the SEEG (still surprised I did that) when someone offered way more than I was willing to turn down.  After that had a Turbo (I think that's right?) but just never liked the looks.  It made me think Goldwing.  So it went away after a couple summers.  About five years ago then scored a boring black nice utilitarian Roadstar again.  It's not perfect, it's not red so it doesn't match the bikes, but it just works.  Bought it really cheap, it may only get really used a couple times a year anymore, but there's no great reason not to keep it.  Silly little thing is out of the way in a backyard shed most of the time, it's got a lifetime trailer license plate so costs me almost nothing, and I like just knowing it's there.  Who knows, I might get young again some summer and actually use this stuff like I used to.  :drink:

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 08:26:34 AM »

Todd Mozingo from Bushtec Trailers posted this on the Bushtec Owners Group.

I received a lot of calls concerning the latest news of Bushtec no longer producing fiberglass trailers. I want to make a few things clear. We have lots of parts, wheels, tires, accessories. We will be continuing to service our customers and their Bushtec trailers as best we can.
Feel free to give me a call.
Todd Mozingo
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 23 queries.