Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Damaged paint!!  (Read 5385 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Damaged paint!!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 09:36:57 AM »

That may be from dealer inspection.  I went to the dealer I go to and I saw a "tech" put a set of saddle bags on the floor when I was looking at my bike right after I bought it.  I said that's a nice painted part that you out on concrete...he said yeah...I do this all of the time.  I told the gm and the service director if that tech touched my bike I'd go elsewhere. 

WKC2019

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 05:47:55 PM »

That may be from dealer inspection.  I went to the dealer I go to and I saw a "tech" put a set of saddle bags on the floor when I was looking at my bike right after I bought it.  I said that's a nice painted part that you out on concrete...he said yeah...I do this all of the time.  I told the gm and the service director if that tech touched my bike I'd go elsewhere.

Yes, I have seen the same thing and had the same reaction, with the exception that it was my bike (an older one) and the knucklehead did it right in front of me. Voiced my opinion rather quickly on that one.

tool578

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 06:44:02 PM »

I'm going on almost 11 months trying to get a paint issue taken care of on my CVO. The bike delivered with a paint bubble on the right saddlebag lid. Upon picking it up, the dealer said they've ordered a new one. Two months later the new one was installed and once I got it into the garage at home, noticed the color was a few shades darker- appeared to have a heavier metal-flake in it as it's the Hardcandy CVO. Went back to the dealer and they agreed- said they'd figure it out. Called numerous times and they said they were still working on it. Winter came and I dropped the bags off. At the time they were going to have their custom painter shoot both- wasn't too hip on that but whatever at this point. Months past and I stopped in only to learn Harley wouldn't pay for that, which I asked them about when I dropped them off- they claimed it wouldn't be a problem. They ended up sending both my lids to Gunslinger- they just got the lids back this week and I'm picking up the bags tomorrow- interested to see what the hell I get back!! Worst customer service experience I've had- from the dealer and the Motor Company-but what do you want for $46K out the door??
Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did- nothing seems to get done fast when dealing with this company- other than your $$$ disappearing fast!!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 07:53:47 PM »

I'm going on almost 11 months trying to get a paint issue taken care of on my CVO. The bike delivered with a paint bubble on the right saddlebag lid. Upon picking it up, the dealer said they've ordered a new one. Two months later the new one was installed and once I got it into the garage at home, noticed the color was a few shades darker- appeared to have a heavier metal-flake in it as it's the Hardcandy CVO. Went back to the dealer and they agreed- said they'd figure it out. Called numerous times and they said they were still working on it. Winter came and I dropped the bags off. At the time they were going to have their custom painter shoot both- wasn't too hip on that but whatever at this point. Months past and I stopped in only to learn Harley wouldn't pay for that, which I asked them about when I dropped them off- they claimed it wouldn't be a problem. They ended up sending both my lids to Gunslinger- they just got the lids back this week and I'm picking up the bags tomorrow- interested to see what the hell I get back!! Worst customer service experience I've had- from the dealer and the Motor Company-but what do you want for $46K out the door??
Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did- nothing seems to get done fast when dealing with this company- other than your $$$ disappearing fast!!

Ughhhh...this is the problem!  You'd think that Harley might have them do like a bunch of extra parts during production to help resolve warranty issues quickly....that's what I'd do if I was in charge! 

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 08:19:35 PM »

Sorry to hear this is still happening. I have a large triangle shape place on the back of one saddlebag that looks as if they painted over something then clearcoated over so it's smooth but raised ridge evenly around it. up and got the same answer about not seeing it walking around it. Good luck with it, hope you have better results than I did.

RedNose44

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO SG Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 02:00:05 PM »

My dealer replaced my inner faring after they damaged the original one. The color match appears to be perfect to me. It sounds like I was lucky.

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 07:27:14 AM »

My brand new bike just came with a very small blemish in the fairing that I didn't even notice until my dealer pointed it out. There recon guy is spot on and checks every inch of the bike before delivery😁 They ordered a new part and put it on yesterday. Getting my bike delivered today and can't wait! Heritage HD in Concord NH if anybody needs a great dealer.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.