Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Wheels/Tires for an FLH  (Read 24122 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Wheels/Tires for an FLH
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2007, 06:07:41 PM »

Your gonna be happy once it's all completed....smiles for miles :)

I went with a chrome exchange rear caliper.....there's a small gap in front of the saddlebag that you can see a glimpse of the caliper.
http://highlustrechromeplating.com/ or http://chromethathog.com/

Chrome exchange caliper is only $150.00 w/exchange so I had to go for it!

http://www.highlustrechromeplating.com/catalog/index_2.html

Also, make sure you have the chrome rear spacers before the install, you'll be glad you did.

That's a good deal on the rear caliper...I'm going to check into that for sure...thanks for the tip!!

The spacers is something I haven't thought about...I'll have to get the P&A book out to figure which one's I'll need...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2007, 06:11:54 PM »

Update on the Performance Machine Wheels I'm getting...

Wheels (18x3.5 front and 16x3.5 rear), matching front rotors, matching rear pulley, PM Chrome Brake calipers, four piston, for both front and rear, Metzler tires, and Lyndal pads are in house at HogPro.  The ONLY part missing is the matching rear rotor, and it looks like that's going to be a little while longer.

I told Phil just to ship me everything he has...I'll just mount the stock rotor for the rear, use the brake pads that come on the PM calipers (EBC), and then when I get the new floating rotor for the rear, pull the wheel back off and stick it on and change the pads to the Lyndals so they'll mate up with the new rotor.  New stainless rear brake line is coming as well...necessary for the PM rear caliper, and a good opportunity to get rid of the POS black one on the bike now.

Anybody see any drawbacks to that approach?

Oh, a chrome lower belt guard is going on too... :2vrolijk_21:  Can't have all that other stealth chrome lonesome back there.

Hopefully, it will all ship by Friday...

TTS Mastertune

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2007, 08:58:34 PM »

I'd do it the same way Terry. Are you gettin' excited  :bananarock: :orange: :pepper: :huepfenjump3:

You're gonna have a good time ripping those boxes open :2vrolijk_21:

Just remember.  :worthless:

Can't wait to see the Bling  :cool26: ;D

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2007, 10:28:26 PM »

I'd do it the same way Terry. Are you gettin' excited  :bananarock: :orange: :pepper: :huepfenjump3:

You're gonna have a good time ripping those boxes open :2vrolijk_21:

Just remember.  :worthless:

Can't wait to see the Bling  :cool26: ;D

Thanks, Grover...I'm gettin' REAL excited, not just for the bling, which will be awesome, but also for the much improved brakes, rotors, and tires.  You can bet there will be some pics, buddy!!  Next weekend is the AMA Superbike Race here in B'ham, so will get to see several of our CVO buddies down here for that event.  We're even going to do the parade laps around the track...so, hopefully the new stuff will be here before then, but if not I'll have pics to post Sunday night!!

TTS Mastertune

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2007, 06:39:05 PM »

Thanks, Grover...I'm gettin' REAL excited, not just for the bling, which will be awesome, but also for the much improved brakes, rotors, and tires.  You can bet there will be some pics, buddy!!  Next weekend is the AMA Superbike Race here in B'ham, so will get to see several of our CVO buddies down here for that event.  We're even going to do the parade laps around the track...so, hopefully the new stuff will be here before then, but if not I'll have pics to post Sunday night!!

Sounds like a great time to be had....
Damn! You guy's "The Alabama Gang" have all the fun :2vrolijk_21: Should be pretty cool during the parade laps. I hope everything turns out for you, you lucky dog ;D

Take care,

Grover

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2007, 09:41:51 PM »

i have Renegade Montery's on my SEEG. 18X3.5 frt & 18X4.25 rear. Frt tire is a Metzler 140 and rear a Metzler 160 Radial. I have about 7500 miles on them with no problem. You have to slightly notch the back side of the lower belt guard for clearance on the rear tire, otherwise it is a bolt-on. If you put the tire/wheel on and then mark the curve on the belt guard you can clearance it and no one will be able to tell. Or use a 150 rear and modify nothing.
The Renegade guys are good to work with, Chuck even threw in a couple of shirts and a Hoodie.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2007, 01:13:19 PM »

Everything has shipped  :bananarock: :mango: :orange: :apple: :pineapple:

Phil got my rear rotor in Friday and shipped it out the same day, so it should be here Thursday, with all the other parts here on Wednesday.  Whooohooo!!

Can't say enough good things about Phil at HogPro...he has been helpful and on top of things the entire time.  Excellent customer service!!

I even helped him spend some of his money along the way...he has an 07 RK and is putting RH's, TmaxAT, Doherty PP, Freedom gear driven cam kit, and is probably going to end up with the Traxxion front end before it's all over with.

TTS Mastertune

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2007, 04:47:11 PM »

Everything has shipped  :bananarock: :mango: :orange: :apple: :pineapple:

Phil got my rear rotor in Friday and shipped it out the same day, so it should be here Thursday, with all the other parts here on Wednesday.  Whooohooo!!

Can't say enough good things about Phil at HogPro...he has been helpful and on top of things the entire time.  Excellent customer service!!

I even helped him spend some of his money along the way...he has an 07 RK and is putting RH's, TmaxAT, Doherty PP, Freedom gear driven cam kit, and is probably going to end up with the Traxxion front end before it's all over with.

Terry, SWEET!!!!  So, have you put in a request to take Thursday off yet?!?

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2007, 10:15:08 AM »

They're here!!

Type:  Package
Scheduled Delivery: 04/18/2007 
Shipped to: BIRMINGHAM, AL, US     
Shipped or Billed on: 04/12/2007
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 50.00 Lbs
Multiple Packages: 2

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
BIRMINGHAM,
AL, US 04/18/2007 7:54 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
 04/18/2007 3:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
MEMPHIS,
TN, US 04/17/2007 4:20 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
MEMPHIS,
TN, US 04/16/2007 4:05 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
VAN NUYS,
CA, US 04/13/2007 12:57 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
VAN NUYS,
CA, US 04/12/2007 9:59 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 04/12/2007 7:06 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Pulled both wheels off last night, got all the Lyndal pads installed in the new PM calipers.  The packages above contain both wheels, mounted tires, mounted dual front rotors, mounted rear pulley, and new stainless rear brake line (required for new PM caliper set up).  Rear rotor is coming tomorrow, as it did not arrive to HogPro until the day after the above stuff shipped.  So, tonight it's mount the front wheel, install the new calipers on the front and center them on the rotors by shimming if necessary, bleed front brakes, and install the rear brake line (this could be a bit of a beautch because of how it has to be routed...once the new part is in hand, I'll have a better idea of time required to do this).  When rotor comes tomorrow (I'm taking Thurs and Fri off  ;) ), bolt it on, install rear wheel and caliper, center it, bleed rear brake line, re-install mufflers and right lower shock bolt. 

If any of you have the Legend Shocks, the right lower shock bolt must come off in order to get the axle cone nut wrench on...not a big deal at all, as once the bolt is out the shock can be swung back and tied off to the filler strip for the bags.

Also installed chrome lower belt guard cover last night, and have chrome rear spacers for the new wheels to go back in.  Lot's of stealth chrome!!!

Barring any problems, I should be rolling by mid to late afternoon Thursday.  If not, the Vrod will see a lot of action this weekend with everyone coming down/over for the races at Barber.

TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2007, 10:21:14 AM »

Terry,
That's great news!!!! Can't wait to see pictures. You mention taking off Thurs/Fri I'm surprised you are at work today. :o :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2007, 10:29:20 AM »

Terry,
That's great news!!!! Can't wait to see pictures. You mention taking off Thurs/Fri I'm surprised you are at work today. :o :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Heck, after buying all of this stuff, I'm surprised he can afford to take time off.  ;)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »

I know the feeling Terry. I'm feeling it for you right now.  :bananarock:  Can't wait to see some bling pics, I'm so looking forward to it. At least they came in a reasonable amount of time for you. Good luck with the install. If I was down there I would definately lend you a hand. Nothing like watching the transformation in progress.  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »

Terry,

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

If UPS ran in the morning instead of afternoon, I would have gotten sick today... ;)  I had a damn root canal last Thursday, so figured I'd better not push my luck calling in sick today :huepfenlol2:   I'm lucky to have a job with fairly generous vacation time (1.83 days per month), so I've got about 14 days built back up after "retiring" from my other job.  I used to keep 44 days on the books all the time, and a couple of hundred sick days, but it all got zeroed out when I retired and started the new job with the Health System.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2007, 10:59:42 AM »

I know the feeling Terry. I'm feeling it for you right now.  :bananarock:  Can't wait to see some bling pics, I'm so looking forward to it. At least they came in a reasonable amount of time for you. Good luck with the install. If I was down there I would definately lend you a hand. Nothing like watching the transformation in progress.  Later,Q

Thanks, John...I'm really looking forward to this change for the bike.  Wheels make such a dramatic change and statement, it really is a transformation.  I'm just hoping everything looks as good on the bike as I have pictured in my mind.  The PM calipers sure are finished well, so if that's any indication, it's really going to be a huge difference. 

I wish you were here too...another pair of hands when handling the wheels/axles would be handy!!

Are you OK in all the flooding going on up there, bro?

TTS Mastertune

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2007, 12:10:34 PM »

The worst is over and I faired pretty well over all. But it is still damn cold up here for April.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 22 queries.