Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: 07 R/B Jestor before/after  (Read 29769 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: 07 R/B Jestor before/after
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2007, 11:39:39 PM »

If you don't plan on making the tour pack quick detach...right?

Very true, you would need to retain it to hold the HK amp, or move it to a saddlebag (which I don't like)

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2007, 10:06:25 AM »

Bike looks great and could be the making of the HD SE Street Glide for the up coming years!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2007, 10:24:07 AM »

Very true, you would need to retain it to hold the HK amp, or move it to a saddlebag (which I don't like)

Sooooooo.... I DO need to keep the factory (HK) Amp if I have the other amps? ??? :-\

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2007, 10:36:25 AM »

Bike looks great and could be the making of the HD SE Street Glide for the up coming years!

Thanks tiger,
I truly believe that next year we will see a SE Street Gluide. It just seems like a natural pick. Everbody likes them because they are a sportier cruiser and to think you could get one with some bling bling, custom paint and a BIG HONKIN MOTOR...WOW, can't wait.
JD

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »

Sooooooo.... I DO need to keep the factory (HK) Amp if I have the other amps? ??? :-\

No, not exactly. What Jim was meaning is that you CAN leave you HK amp in place...run all four factory speakers....PLUS you can add the HW 2 channel amp in the fairing to feed an addition 2 speakers you would run in your lowers for a total of 6 speakers. I do believe that your fade will act as a front to rear fade and not a wing to lowers fade.??? Once again, Jim would better answer that.
BTW Jim, my mail box is empty. ;D
JD

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »

Okay. So the Wing and lowers would be front. But if I wanted to go with the 300 vs. 75 amps I can do away with the stock amp under the rear seat. Correct? If so, say you DID decide to quick disconnect the trunk and only have the lower and wing speakers, could you and if so how would you hook it up? Hope I'm not asking too many questions. :P

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2007, 12:13:36 PM »

Okay. So the Wing and lowers would be front. But if I wanted to go with the 300 vs. 75 amps I can do away with the stock amp under the rear seat. Correct? If so, say you DID decide to quick disconnect the trunk and only have the lower and wing speakers, could you and if so how would you hook it up? Hope I'm not asking too many questions. :P

The normal scenario is that the factory amp is removed and not used at all. The HW amp and speakers are installed, and everything works fine, front and rear.

Things can get a bit more complicated when you throw the lower speakers into the mix. Normally, the lower speakers are being used because the TP has been removed. When there is no TP, and lower speakers are used, your Front is still front, but Rear becomes lowers.

I don't think trying to hook in the factory amp with the HW amp would be a wise idea, and would probably get pretty complicated. That amp is puny in comparison to the HW amp and I think with 300 W coming at you from the front, you'll quickly forget you ever had rear speakers.

Good luck,

Chief

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2007, 12:23:07 PM »

I don't want to keep the factory amp at all. Want to change from 75 amp (stock) to 300 with the HW. Want to have the speakers in the leg farings and keep the other four (changed out to HW speakers too I am assuming). Then MAYBE (but probably not) have the option of removing the trunk for some rides which of course would remove the rear speakers. What would be the best way to hook this up (if even possible) to run 4 speakers when the trunk is off and six when it is on?  :drink:

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2007, 12:27:45 PM »

Okay. So the Wing and lowers would be front. But if I wanted to go with the 300 vs. 75 amps I can do away with the stock amp under the rear seat. Correct? CorrectIf so, say you DID decide to quick disconnect the trunk and only have the lower and wing speakers, could you and if so how would you hook it up? Hope I'm not asking too many questions. :P

If you were doing the 300 watt system, you would get rid of the rear amp and its harnes (to clean things up), make the tour pack quick detach. The new amps (like shown in my pic) hook up to the stock HK stereo. Plugs in real sweet. You have to do 2 splices and thats it.
Does this answer your question?
JD

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2007, 12:33:03 PM »

I don't want to keep the factory amp at all. Want to change from 75 amp (stock) to 300 with the HW. Want to have the speakers in the leg farings and keep the other four (changed out to HW speakers too I am assuming). Then MAYBE (but probably not) have the option of removing the trunk for some rides which of course would remove the rear speakers. What would be the best way to hook this up (if even possible) to run 4 speakers when the trunk is off and six when it is on?  :drink:

I'm not sure you can run 6 speakers on a 4 channel system. I'm sure you could have 6 HW speakers that would maybe have the lowers and tour pak ones on a toggle switch so that you run one or the other. BUT...4 in your face is better than 2 and then 2 in your back...PLUS I'm assuming mama's butt might be covering half the rear speakers. No offence mama ;D

JD

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2007, 12:38:29 PM »

If I may blunt, don't waste your time trying to do the 4 / 6 set up. Leave the rear speaker pods on for rear passenger controls, but forget about using the speakers. Turn the speaker boxes into cute little storage bins or ashtrays.

I honestly feel that after all of the work it would take to make that work out, the rear speakers just wouldn't compare to the front 4, and you wouldn't be happy with the outcome.

The only way I would want to do this, and I stress ONLY WAY, would be to contact Hawg Wired, and see if they can help you out with another pair of satellite amps and speakers, so at least it would be matched components, and not some hybrid system. This way, you'd be kickin it at 450 watts.  A side benefit to a six channel HW system is that when you turn it up with a rear passenger, since they sit so close to the speakers, they might just get the "Big O".

Now wouldn't that make it easy to get permission to buy the HW set up?

Chief

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »

If I may blunt, don't waste your time trying to do the 4 / 6 set up. Leave the rear speaker pods on for rear passenger controls, but forget about using the speakers. Turn the speaker boxes into cute little storage bins or ashtrays.

I honestly feel that after all of the work it would take to make that work out, the rear speakers just wouldn't compare to the front 4, and you wouldn't be happy with the outcome.

The only way I would want to do this, and I stress ONLY WAY, would be to contact Hawg Wired, and see if they can help you out with another pair of satellite amps and speakers, so at least it would be matched components, and not some hybrid system. This way, you'd be kickin it at 450 watts.  A side benefit to a six channel HW system is that when you turn it up with a rear passenger, since they sit so close to the speakers, they might just get the "Big O".

Chief

;D So true! Great info. My wife doesn't like the music quite as loud as I do. I only like to feel it if its quality sound which is why I am inquiring about this system. Its like heated grips in Florida.... may not use them all that often but when you do need em it sure is nice to have them! 450 watts and six channels............ yeah baby.

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2007, 05:22:59 PM »

Chief

Interesting idea. I will consider doing that.  I actually do not use the front storages anyway so may be converting them the way harlez4me did is a way.

Getting some storage at the back for my othe half could be useful as well.

Thanks for the idea.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2007, 12:40:42 AM »

Guys;
many of the above ideas will work, and you can do a 4 channel and a 2 channel now but you'll need a home for the second amp. It could go into a Saddle bag or be on a quick detach in the TP to run the rear speakers.

Another option is to use the 4 channel for the fairing and lowers, have the TP detachebale and remove the HK amp, and leave the rear speakers functional off of the outputs of the HK radio, that way you will get some sound from the rear when the TP is on.

If anyone would like to discuss this more over the phone feel free to call me, or just post the questions. PM me for the number if you need.

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2007, 07:44:11 AM »

Guys;
many of the above ideas will work, and you can do a 4 channel and a 2 channel now but you'll need a home for the second amp. It could go into a Saddle bag or be on a quick detach in the TP to run the rear speakers.

Another option is to use the 4 channel for the fairing and lowers, have the TP detachebale and remove the HK amp, and leave the rear speakers functional off of the outputs of the HK radio, that way you will get some sound from the rear when the TP is on.

If anyone would like to discuss this more over the phone feel free to call me, or just post the questions. PM me for the number if you need.

I just wonder if the following will work.

For front speakers (4 speakers) the amps are at the front in behind the dash where the radio unit is. For rear in its normal place i.e. under the pak.  I am not planning to have the pack removable.  I will only have it slightly pushed back to give more room for my other half (using George's kit).

All this if I go with 6 speaker set up.

At the moment I ordered only 4 speaker set up and just started to think if I should install those 4 speakers in their standard place or following harlez4me idea and installing all 4 at the front.

hd-dude - will appreciate your views.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 22 queries.