Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: 07 R/B Jestor before/after  (Read 29770 times)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 07 R/B Jestor before/after
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2007, 10:01:35 AM »

Who is the main point of contact for the Hawg Wired program?  Website or do we have a contact who is familiar with this organization?  Any discounts?

This is one mod I would consider AFTER I get a chance to hear what the stock system sounds like.

Are the HD stores familiar with these products and would you trust them to do the install? Or should I attempt to do this on my own  (That could be VERY risky ;D)  Anyone recommend a good shop in the DFW area to help on this install if I decide to go this way?

Thanks,

John
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2007, 10:06:32 AM »

Who is the main point of contact for the Hawg Wired program?  Website or do we have a contact who is familiar with this organization?  Any discounts?

This is one mod I would consider AFTER I get a chance to hear what the stock system sounds like.

Are the HD stores familiar with these products and would you trust them to do the install? Or should I attempt to do this on my own  (That could be VERY risky ;D)  Anyone recommend a good shop in the DFW area to help on this install if I decide to go this way?

Thanks,

John
Take a look at this thread - Hawg-Wired Products

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2007, 11:53:04 AM »

Thanks,

John

John;
I am a Hawg-wired dealer and can help you with any questions you have on the products. I have sold and installed many, many systems in many different configurations. Also site members do get a discount as well 8)

As far as the install goes I can let you know another dealer in your area that has done these. If there is not one I will be happy to assist the shop you decide to do the install for you over the phone.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2007, 11:58:01 AM »

I just wonder if the following will work.

For front speakers (4 speakers) the amps are at the front in behind the dash where the radio unit is. For rear in its normal place i.e. under the pak.  I am not planning to have the pack removable.  I will only have it slightly pushed back to give more room for my other half (using George's kit).

All this if I go with 6 speaker set up.

At the moment I ordered only 4 speaker set up and just started to think if I should install those 4 speakers in their standard place or following harlez4me idea and installing all 4 at the front.

hd-dude - will appreciate your views.

It really comes down to what you want to get out of the system. The 4 channel system in the stock locations produces great sound quality and quantity also 300watts coming at you from the front is a lot of sound. Many feel they don't need the rears. For the passenger some rear sound is beneficial and you may want to have the speakers functional. This can be accomplished by either using part of the factory amp or adding the 2 channel Hawg-wired amp for the rear and removing the HK amp under the tour pack.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:08:08 PM by hd-dude »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2007, 12:51:02 PM »

It really comes down to what you want to get out of the system. The 4 channel system in the stock locations produces great sound quality and quantity also 300watts coming at you from the front is a lot of sound. Many feel they don't need the rears. For the passenger some rear sound is beneficial and you may want to have the speakers functional. This can be accomplished by either using part of the factory amp or adding the 2 channel Hawg-wired amp for the rear and removing the HK amp under the tour pack.

I like the rears as it gives a surround sound feel to it. I will PM you about the rest.

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2007, 04:46:55 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

First of all as far as I am concerned there is no such thing as too much sound. I always ride in helmet and this results in a certain quality of sound that I can hear. Generally as discussed during the time of purchase the stock system is not good enough for me.

If I go with the six speaker set up there is no doubt I would want to have Hawg Wired all around.

Finally a question.  If getting another 2 channel amp where would it be installed if not under the tour pak? Again behind the dash?

Thanks

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2007, 04:57:44 PM »

John;
I am a Hawg-wired dealer and can help you with any questions you have on the products. I have sold and installed many, many systems in many different configurations. Also site members do get a discount as well 8)

As far as the install goes I can let you know another dealer in your area that has done these. If there is not one I will be happy to assist the shop you decide to do the install for you over the phone.

That sounds great.  It has to be good having a resident expert.  It is something I would definitely consider as some of my fist mods.  I just need to spend some time with the stock system to experience true MoCo sound ;D   

Thanks again for the prompt reply.  BTW, what system would I get if I just stick with keeping the TP detached? My bike will hopefully be a 2007 CUSE.

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2007, 06:05:52 PM »

That sounds great.  It has to be good having a resident expert.  It is something I would definitely consider as some of my fist mods.  I just need to spend some time with the stock system to experience true MoCo sound ;D   

Thanks again for the prompt reply.  BTW, what system would I get if I just stick with keeping the TP detached? My bike will hopefully be a 2007 CUSE.

If you just want the 4 speakers in the stock locations you would go with the 4-channel system. I would recomend the CX series speakers in the fairing and the BT series speakers in the rear pods.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2007, 06:06:26 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

First of all as far as I am concerned there is no such thing as too much sound. I always ride in helmet and this results in a certain quality of sound that I can hear. Generally as discussed during the time of purchase the stock system is not good enough for me.

If I go with the six speaker set up there is no doubt I would want to have Hawg Wired all around.

Finally a question.  If getting another 2 channel amp where would it be installed if not under the tour pak? Again behind the dash?

Thanks

The 2 channel amp won't fit with the other stuff in the fairing, you would have to install it in the tourpack or saddlebag. It is very small though 6.5" x 3.75" x 1.75".

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2007, 07:42:59 PM »

If you just want the 4 speakers in the stock locations you would go with the 4-channel system. I would recomend the CX series speakers in the fairing and the BT series speakers in the rear pods.

Thanks.  I'll add it/them to the "list" ;)

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »

The 2 channel amp won't fit with the other stuff in the fairing, you would have to install it in the tourpack or saddlebag. It is very small though 6.5" x 3.75" x 1.75".

Thanks. I will now have some hard thinking.  Probably will stay with 4 speakers and if I feel somehow unsatisfied will add another 2.

Lean Dave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO Fatboy 2006 - Sold Sept 2007
    • CVO2: CVO Ultra Classic 2007 - Sold Feb 2012
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2007, 10:10:03 PM »

John,

hd-dude was a great with assistance in helping me get the HW kit installed. Phone calls and emails hd-dude was there for support. I did the 4 channel up front so I would recommend that if you can do it, you will learn more about your bike than the guy who installs the kit for you.

I certaintly did learn more doing the install myself and build up more confidence working on the bike to add in more chrome in addition to saving installation $$$.

my 2 pennies worth,

Big Dave.

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2007, 10:22:11 PM »

John,

hd-dude was a great with assistance in helping me get the HW kit installed. Phone calls and emails hd-dude was there for support. I did the 4 channel up front so I would recommend that if you can do it, you will learn more about your bike than the guy who installs the kit for you.

I certaintly did learn more doing the install myself and build up more confidence working on the bike to add in more chrome in addition to saving installation $$$.

my 2 pennies worth,

Big Dave.

He is the one and the only.  Absolutely agree. Except that for avoidance of big amount of extra spares I am not planning to take part in installation....  ;D

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2007, 10:36:39 PM »

John,

my 2 pennies worth,

Big Dave.

Well put Big Dave

"Learn to do by doing"  If you wanna do it, but are nervous, that means you CAN do it....with the help of many on this site. "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask." The people that DON"T want to do it, should just ride and pay the $$$$$ to the dealer of choice.
This goes with any mod, not just an amp install.

and that is MY 2 pennies worth.

JD

mmbraun

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2007, 11:13:53 AM »

Beautiful bike, any chance you can list the parts you used.

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 22 queries.