Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Guy Clark Passed today  (Read 869 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Guy Clark Passed today
« on: May 18, 2016, 07:28:45 AM »

Today is truly a sad day in country music.
 Legendary singer-songwriter Guy Clark has passed away at the age of 74 after a long battle with cancer. A true icon, he released more than twenty albums during his career and wrote songs for fellow singers including Kris Kristofferson, Jimmy Buffet, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Brad Paisley, Vince Gill, Ricky Skaggs, and Johnny Cash, just to name a few. His songs "L.A. Freeway" and "Desperados Waiting for a Train" helped launch his career in 1975. Legendary outlaw group, The Highwaymen, re-introduced "Desperados" to a new generation and Clark is often referred to as The Fifth Highwayman. His many accomplishments include a Grammy for Best Folk Album in 2014 for his album My Favorite Picture Of You, as well as being a Nashville Songwriter Hall of Fame Member and a Country Music Poet's Award honoree. His death was announced on his Facebook page Tuesday morning (May 17). According to the post, Clark stopped touring and recording following his wife's 2012 death due to his own health issues. He is survived by "his son Travis and daughter-in-law Krista McMurtry Clark; grandchildren Dylan and Ellie Clark; sisters Caroline Clark Dugan and Jan Clark; manager and friend Keith Case; caretaker and sweetheart Joy Brogdon; nieces, nephews and many, many dear friends, colleagues and fans." Ricky Skaggs took to Instagram to offer his condolences.
 "Guy Clark was one of the greatest Texas singer/songwriters to ever come out of that state," he wrote. "His song 'Heartbroke' was one of my biggest hits and still one of my most requested songs. I loved Guy’s heart, his humor and his country wisdom. He will be missed. Rest in peace Guy!!" Funeral arrangements have yet to be made. Our prayers are with his family.

R.I.P. Guy

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 09:38:08 AM by longlast »

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.