Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Pix of the new 107  (Read 17105 times)

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
Re: Pix of the new 107
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 12:43:42 PM »

One gentleman speculated that the 107 might be 4.25 stroke x 4 bore yielding 106.81 cu inches. There are of course many ways to get there but given Harley's past use of a 4.25 inch stroke in the Evo engine it might be logical. If you use that same stroke with a 4 1/8" bore it would be 114  (113.59) and if it were square it would be 121 (120.58).
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 12:50:01 PM »

Makes sense.  Probably looking at 114 stock with a kit to upgrade to 121.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 01:01:27 PM »

The engine will have only 4 pushrods like all others in the past...Each Rocker will now work two valves, instead of one rocker, one valve now.
One of the big benefits is that the smaller valves are much lighter and therefore require much less spring pressure to control. If Harley does this right they have a chance of correcting the lifter problem and the ticking rocker shafts all in one whack..
We could only wish, but you know the saying.... "chit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first"... Leaving it to the MoCo I'm not holding my breath. :nervous: :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »

The pool boy's ex-wife's third cousin twice removed married to the janitor of HD's corporate engineering division found a memo that strongly suggests that the new power plant for the CVO's will be at least 120 cubic inches with 4 valves per cylinder and 4 overhead cams and full liquid cooling and air conditioning.
Also, the new 8 speed transmission will include reverse with a LED backup light.
The new and improved infotainment system will have a backup camera/rear view mirror feature and offer real time traffic updates. Rushmore is out and Everest is in. Built in cup holders will be standard on all CVO touring bikes as well as toothpicks so you can pick the bugs out of your teeth. All of this will be available for a mere $ 50,000.00 MSRP plus shipping, handling, and documentation fees.
This is the best info available as of now.  ;)
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 01:20:08 PM »

Interesting - I am surprised they are making so many changes so fast.  I like having the reverse option and I hope they cool it down some especially if the engine size is going up again. They need to keep the technology upgrades (mechanical and electronic) coming.   

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 01:25:14 PM »

I say 3 cam, parallel pushrods.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 02:29:11 PM »

I say 3 cam, parallel pushrods.

TN

With walrus flippers prolly :huepfenlol2:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 02:36:19 PM »

The pool boy's ex-wife's third cousin twice removed married to the janitor of HD's corporate engineering division found a memo that strongly suggests that the new power plant for the CVO's will be at least 120 cubic inches with 4 valves per cylinder and 4 overhead cams and full liquid cooling and air conditioning.
Also, the new 8 speed transmission will include reverse with a LED backup light.
The new and improved infotainment system will have a backup camera/rear view mirror feature and offer real time traffic updates. Rushmore is out and Everest is in. Built in cup holders will be standard on all CVO touring bikes as well as toothpicks so you can pick the bugs out of your teeth. All of this will be available for a mere $ 50,000.00 MSRP plus shipping, handling, and documentation fees.
This is the best info available as of now.  ;)
Mike
 :drink:

The pool boy's ex-wife's third cousin twice removed married to the janitor of HD's corporate engineering division
told my dead uncle that it will not be called Everest since there a chitload of mountains bewteen Rushmore and Everest height wise....and they didn't want to get our hopes that they have reached the highest possible pinnacle with this effort. Perhaps "Denali"
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ

National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »

We could only wish, but you know the saying.... "chit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first"... Leaving it to the MoCo I'm not holding my breath. :nervous: :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Remember I said "if". Given past history I have very little hope that they will get it right....but it is a step in a potentially positive direction.

Zen Master of Pondering

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 02:43:31 PM »

The entire thread involving the pictures posted on another site was just removed.....

This one is likely next.....

Zen Master of Pondering

ultrarider123

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 03:01:05 PM »

The entire thread involving the pictures posted on another site was just removed....
This one is likely next.....

Well, better get my comment in before that happens.....here goes:

The engine will have only 4 pushrods like all others in the past...Each Rocker will now work two valves, instead of one rocker, one valve now.
One of the big benefits is that the smaller valves are much lighter and therefore require much less spring pressure to control. If Harley does this right they have a chance of correcting the lifter problem and the ticking rocker shafts all in one whack..

Now DAT'S phuny rat dare...... :huepfenlol2:

good, got it in before the thread is pulled...I feel so much better now..... :huepfenjump3:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:03:10 PM by Haird »

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 04:06:25 PM »

Well, I'm not going to buy one just yet, not until someone puts 50,000 trouble-free miles on it first. But, being a Harley, it will no doubt need intake, exhaust and tuner just to reach factory potential.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 04:21:18 PM »

With walrus flippers prolly :huepfenlol2:

I got a patch for yer vest, you'll earn it too.  8)

Or will you.....

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »

I just don't see The MoCo doing any major changes unless the changes are to accommodate full on liquid cooling in the not too distant future :nixweiss:

The 4 Valve head does make sense to alleviate (some) spring pressures...

Everybody else (Japanese & European) has tried just about everything and still ended up with full on liquid cooling, HD just has to figure out how to incorporate LQ into the legacy architecture us HD folks demand...

JMHO...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2016, 05:33:44 PM »

The word is that the new engine is liquid cooled, but using oil instead of anti freeze/water.

I hope that if this is true, that the moco finds a way to mount a radiator somewhere other than in the fairing lowers. That's the main reason I bought a 14 Road King over a 15 Street Glide. I made the decision to avoid having to run lowers, while giving up the sound system and fairing. A decision that I do not regret.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:31:28 PM by SHRADER »

Zen Master of Pondering
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.942 seconds with 21 queries.