Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: corbin rider backrest  (Read 1665 times)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
corbin rider backrest
« on: February 11, 2007, 12:41:49 PM »

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this topic ( so many catagories now!), but I like many have added the corbin seat with rider backrest to my 2006 SEUC. My question is, does anyone have a leather guy who could make a "neck" cover to metal pole of backrest?( sorry but everytime I look at this it still bothers me, unfortunately corbin wasn't much help, and it doesn't come in chrome!) thanks, john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: corbin rider backrest
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:50:29 AM »

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this topic ( so many catagories now!), but I like many have added the corbin seat with rider backrest to my 2006 SEUC. My question is, does anyone have a leather guy who could make a "neck" cover to metal pole of backrest?( sorry but everytime I look at this it still bothers me, unfortunately corbin wasn't much help, and it doesn't come in chrome!) thanks, john

O....One option might be to cut the bottom off and drill and tap it if you can live with it being shorter.  It's aluminum, so could probably be polished out as well.

I have a friend who has a leather business I could check with too...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

Re: corbin rider backrest
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »

otophile
           If you've got a pair of old leather gloves that aren't much good, cut the middle finger off one , cut the tip off, put some contact cement on the post, and slide " the finger "  up over the post. It should fit, take care of your issue and while only you get the joke, make you laugh at Corbin ever time you throw a leg over the bike.

B B

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.