Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: NASCAR 2007! It's ON!!  (Read 13000 times)

Bagger

NASCAR 2007! It's ON!!
« on: February 11, 2007, 09:25:52 AM »

Anyone watch the Bud Shootout last night?  Daytona 500 qualifying is this afternoon.  I was talking with Howie in a PM last night with about 10 laps to go in the shootout.  The only thing worse than the NASCAR season break is not being able to ride my scoot.  Anyway, its NASCAR season again.  I'm headed down to Enterprise next Sunday to watch the Daytona 500 with some folks from my company.  Our Spring Talladega tickets arrived, and we just renewed our Fall Talladega tickets.  WOOOOHOOO!  It's ON, Baby!

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
Re: NASCAR 2007! It's ON!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 09:47:55 AM »

I am a North Carolina (former) NASCAR fan.  I live 5 miles from DEI and most of the race shops here near Charlotte.  Since they let the rice in (those fine folks that brought you Peral Harbor), I'm out.  They lost me as a fan.  :(

I'll definitely be in the minority, but I will have more time to ride on Sundays.  The roads are pretty empty here during the races. . .

Bagger

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 09:53:23 AM »

I am a North Carolina (former) NASCAR fan.  I live 5 miles from DEI and most of the race shops here near Charlotte.  Since they let the rice in (those fine folks that brought you Peral Harbor), I'm out.  They lost me as a fan.  :(

I'll definitely be in the minority, but I will have more time to ride on Sundays.  The roads are pretty empty here during the races. . .

I'm doing my level best to overlook that.  I did take great pleasure in watching Dale Jarrett go straight to the back of the pack last night.  The paradox in my house.........Renea works for Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama.  I can't win.  Oh well, that's racin'.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 09:55:11 AM »

I'll definitely be in the minority, but I will have more time to ride on Sundays.  The roads are pretty empty here during the races. . .
[/glow]

Then and when the Panthers are playing!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
The joys of no traffic!

UPC we will meet and ride soon!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 11:32:26 AM »

Shoot,

I would NEVER ride during a Panthers game.  I live for football.  Other than HD, :devilish: my season tickets are my biggest selfish expense!

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 11:50:29 AM »

I am glad season is starting.  I enjoy the racing.  I don't care that Toyota is in Nascar, hell they have not screwed up the truck series have they??  Think about it.  Plus the more competition the better.  Rising tide raises all boats you know. 
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 12:11:56 PM »

If your interested, get in on the CVO CUP Fantasy Racing League.

So come on guys, get suited up and join the CVO CUP!!!

The overall points winner will recieve a one of a kind hand made CVO CUP Trophey. Made with cvo takeoffs from my bike!

It's free!! So get in on the action :2vrolijk_21:  :helmet: :helmet:

Read ALL of this page before clicking here http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/

- In order to join you must establish a yahoo I.D.
    -By clicking link above you can create your I.D. You'll need highlighted info so write it down.    
- Then click on CREATE/ JOIN GROUP
   ''          ''    Team name is ''Your race team''
       "       "    JOIN EXISTING GROUP
       "       "    JOIN PRIVATE GROUP
       "       "    CVO CUP RACING

Group I.D. and password have been updated for '07 season.

Our private group name is: CVO CUP RACING
            '07       Group I.D.#:  2858
            '07      Password:  eagleriderswfo

The group I.D. # & password will only need to be entered to register the initial time.

Hope all goes well with your initial log in.

Use whatever name you want for your team name. 
I used my screen name from this site for my team name.

Good Luck,

Grover   

Bagger

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »

Already there, Grover.  Don't have a clue what I'm doing, but I'm in.   :drink:

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 12:36:35 PM »

I'm calling out OTIS, Spiderman, Spydglide, Hoist, Twolane, BLM &  all the other inaugural CVO CUP competitors to report to the red trailer and get signed up!

So come an all you Ricky Bobby wannabe's lets go racin'!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 02:00:25 PM by Grover »

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 12:46:28 PM »

Already there, Grover.  Don't have a clue what I'm doing, but I'm in.   :drink:

That's great Bagger :2vrolijk_21:

You'll get a feel for it as the season goes on.

You can only use each driver up to 9 times throughout the season. After Daytona you also get qualifying points for the top four qualifiers.

You can keep your drivers active for 9 weeks and then change them around, or you can change drivers from track to track depending on their strengths/weaknesses. It just depends on how much time/effort you want to put into it. It's all for fun and humor....But do you have what it takes to be the CHAMPION!!!

See ya on pit road :helmet: :xyxthumbs:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 12:55:13 PM »

Thanks for the invite Mark. I'm now the SERKER team. I've never done one of these Fantasy Leagues and don't see any instructions on the Team page. Do you have any simple instructions for participating in this? Thank a lot! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 01:02:12 PM »

What's that "A" List, "B" List, "C" List thing? Any crash course on this? :confused5: Hoist! 8)

Added: Are we supposed to pick anything before qualifying? I guess I'm going for "Rookie of the Year"!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 01:04:37 PM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 01:41:50 PM »

Crash course:

The Groups are picked by Yahoo and will stay that way all season A, B, & C

A = Top tier drivers - you get to pick 2 of these drivers to be on your team for each race
B = Mid pack guys - you get 4 per race
C = Others - you get 2 per race

Once you've picked your 8 drivers thats your team. You must pick before qualifying!!!

If any of your team members Qualify in the top 4 (i think?) you get qualifying bonus points

By race time you must pick half  of your team to actually "Play - or Race"
  This means 1 Group A driver, 2 Group B drivers, and 1 Group C driver.

These 4 active drivers are the ones that earn you points in a race based on finish position as well as bonus points for laps led and most led I think also.

Each driver can only be "Raced" 9 times in the season. But as long as you haven't used him up yet he can be on your team and earn qualifying points.

So each week you look at that race and think who you want to race and maybe pick a good qualifier also.

Just like the real thing consistency is the key, and not forgetting to change your drivers between races. You really don't want a short track line up going into a superspeedway - trust me, I missed a few race lineup changes last year. Your line up has to be done prior to qualifying but you can change which driver is active up till race time. That just about does it....for a crash course!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 01:45:15 PM by Ceej »
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 01:51:36 PM »

What's that "A" List, "B" List, "C" List thing? Any crash course on this? :confused5: Hoist! 8)

Added: Are we supposed to pick anything before qualifying? I guess I'm going for "Rookie of the Year"!

Because Daytona has has a different qualifying format than the rest of the season there's no qualifying points awarded. You can choose your team for Daytona anytime before Feb 18th.

For the remaining races of the season you must pick your team before the Friday morning of each race. By the time the season gets rolling you'll get a feel for it.

You need to pick 2 drivers in Group A
         ''              4 drivers in Group B
         ''             2 drivers in Group C

The way the drivers are setup in each grouping A, B & C will remain that way throughout the year. So as the season goes on it gets more interesting on what drivers to choose, because you will have eventually used up some of the top drivers.

You need to ''activate'' the drivers that you feel will do the best at that weekends race i.e., plate tracks, short tracks & intermediate.

You can ''activate'' or ''deactivate'' the drivers on your ''team'' up to 5 minutes before the scheduled start of each race.

You can only ''activate'' 1 driver in group A
                                 2 drivers in group B
                                 1 driver in group C

Your ''activated'' drivers will earn you the points in each race.

Each driver can only be activated 9 times throughout the season. Once he's used 9 times you won't get points for him.

You receive qualifying points for the top 4 qualifiers in each race (after Daytona), if one or all of those drivers are on your ''team''. They don't have to be activated to receive points just on of the 8 drivers you have chosen that week.

I don't worry about qualifying points. I just pick the drivers that I think will do good in the race at each particular track. And if they qualify good it's just a small bonus.

This may sound confusing, but once we get started it'll come pretty easy.

For more info surf around here for awhile http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/racing/rules/

Any more questions please ask.

Take care,

Grover

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 01:56:09 PM by Grover »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 01:59:05 PM »

It does not appear I can change my selections for next week, once you select a driver, even though they're not activated. I should have waited until after qualifying for this race? I thought they all needed to get in before qualifying. Is everyone's selections hidden from others? I can only see mine when I click on the various teams. Any other pointers? I spend enough time on the computer. ::) Don't really want to read all the rules. I'd rather keep it simple and just play! ;) Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.