Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: NASCAR 2007! It's ON!!  (Read 12985 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: NASCAR 2007! It's ON!!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 09:35:32 PM »

So all hell broke loose and rained down on Michael Waltrip Racing. Chit even poor Buffy got nailed. Exactly what was the " foreign substance " in the carburetor ?  Hubbard, you love goin fast, and you're involved in stock car racin, so you must know what they put in the fuel, or at least have a good guess. Share with us please

B B

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 09:51:08 PM »

So all hell broke loose and rained down on Michael Waltrip Racing. Chit even poor Buffy got nailed. Exactly what was the " foreign substance " in the carburetor ?  Hubbard, you love goin fast, and you're involved in stock car racin, so you must know what they put in the fuel, or at least have a good guess. Share with us please

B B

Actually, the fuel itself, is almost impossible to cheat-up.  To easy to detect.  I don't think Waltrip was trying to cheat-up the Intake, either.  I heard the other night they (NASCAR) found the substance to be oil.  That sounds more like a failure in the valve train.  More like a whoa-up, than a cheated-up.  They all cheat in some way or another.  They have to.  But like King Richard said, "It ain't cheatin' unless you get caught."  The one they watch the closest is Evernham.  He's the smartest, IMO, hands down.  Given, they're all smart, but Ray is dangerous.  Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 10:27:34 PM »

Actually, the fuel itself, is almost impossible to cheat-up.  To easy to detect.  I don't think Waltrip was trying to cheat-up the Intake, either.  I heard the other night they (NASCAR) found the substance to be oil.  That sounds more like a failure in the valve train.  More like a whoa-up, than a cheated-up.  They all cheat in some way or another.  They have to.  But like King Richard said, "It ain't cheatin' unless you get caught."  The one they watch the closest is Evernham.  He's the smartest, IMO, hands down.  Given, they're all smart, but Ray is dangerous.  Later--HUBBARD   

Well I'm inclined to go along with your train of thought on this, but NASCAR sure slammed MWR with some heavy fines and suspensions. They ejected the top MWR brass from the  track, fined Mikey and Buffy 100 owner points each, took away Mikey's qualifying time. Given what you'e saying and the fact that Toyata is new and all I've heard is that NASCAR did not want to appear to be going after Toyota. Call me ignorant, this just doesn't add up if it's actually a mechanical problem

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 10:49:55 PM »

Well I'm inclined to go along with your train of thought on this, but NASCAR sure slammed MWR with some heavy fines and suspensions. They ejected the top MWR brass from the  track, fined Mikey and Buffy 100 owner points each, took away Mikey's qualifying time. Given what you'e saying and the fact that Toyata is new and all I've heard is that NASCAR did not want to appear to be going after Toyota. Call me ignorant, this just doesn't add up if it's actually a mechanical problem

Yeah, but nobody in Prison is guilty, either.  That's just what I heard.  I don't know it to be fact.  NASCAR probably put on the little MWR Road and Pony Show, just to make those that hate Toyota think NASCAR hates 'em too, so they can sell some more tickets to the Daytona 500.  Too much Power, Man.  NASCAR's got too much power.  Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 10:54:45 PM »

Latest news I read on it this evening was that the "substance" ended up being some aviation fuel additive.  Something NASCAR professed to have "never" seen in the garages before.  With that crowd it's probably tough to ever really know for sure.  If they really were dinking with the fuel, however, Waltrip was lucky the punishment levied was as light as it was.  That's a whole different kettle of fish than the other violations found this session and NASCAR has always been hard on fuel cheats.  Last time someone screwed with fuel (and got caught) was a few years ago now.  Way before the recent ratcheting up of punishments.  And the punishment then was more (in points) than Waltrip got now.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 10:58:17 PM »

Latest news I read on it this evening was that the "substance" ended up being some aviation fuel additive.  Something NASCAR professed to have "never" seen in the garages before.  With that crowd it's probably tough to ever really know for sure.  If they really were dinking with the fuel, however, Waltrip was lucky the punishment levied was as light as it was.  That's a whole different kettle of fish than the other violations found this session and NASCAR has always been hard on fuel cheats.  Last time someone screwed with fuel (and got caught) was a few years ago now.  Way before the recent ratcheting up of punishments.  And the punishment then was more (in points) than Waltrip got now.

Ahhhhhhhhhh AVGAS  I've used that trick before. Not good for H-D's, runs waaaaaaaaay to hot, but sure makes em get up and go. Thanks for the info Don

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 11:07:35 PM »

Ahhhhhhhhhh AVGAS  I've used that trick before. Not good for H-D's, runs waaaaaaaaay to hot, but sure makes em get up and go. Thanks for the info Don

B B

Me too Brian.  Loved the way it made exhaust pipes look too. 

Without knowing what Waltrip's crew (or some guy on his own) did for sure it's still almost easy to feel sorry for them.  Almost....  All those poor Toyota teams staring out so far behind the curve with all the Toyota money pouring in to help them.  Almost none actually guaranteed a spot to even start a race.  The pressure on them from Toyota and sponsors has to be enormous.  Yeap, can almost feel sorry for them.  But not quite....  ;D

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »

I stand corrected.  Very disingenuous of MWR.  Looks to me like the MWR Engine Builders couldn't produce enough Horsepower outa' the Toyota engine, so they tried to give it a little "Boost", to hide their incompetence.  I guess the "New Kid on the Block", favortism they thought they had, based on all the hype NASCAR spewed about, turned out to be wishful thinking on their part.  Bet Ol' Mikey's on the carpet as we speak, 'splainin' why the $29,000,000.00 TRD gave MWR, just wasn't enough to get the job done, so he had no choice but to do what he had to do, to make a showing.  Or somethin' like that.  JMO.  Later--HUBBARD       

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 06:22:51 PM »

Hubbard,
            You ever run AVGAS in ole Maudie ?  I know Torco is your fuel of choice, but was just curious if you'd tried it. It's higher octane than racin fuel I believe. I'm thinkin I was told 120 octane. 

B B

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »

Hubbard,
            You ever run AVGAS in ole Maudie ?  I know Torco is your fuel of choice, but was just curious if you'd tried it. It's higher octane than racin fuel I believe. I'm thinkin I was told 120 octane. 

B B

No, can't say that I have.  I tried to buy some from the Local Airport years ago, but they wouldn't sell it to me.  Back then, the rumor on the street was it was 128 Octane, and was murder on the valve-train.  The local Distributor here for Torco, used to have 112 Octane available, but last year only offered 110 Octane.  Why, I don't know.  It's only available here, during the Dirt Track season.  Later--HUBBARD 

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 07:05:10 PM »

No doubt that TRD will be a force to be reckoned with sooner than later.  Until reading thru these last posts, I forgot that the individual teams built the motors and not the manufacturer's of the motor.  MWR and the other Toyota teams are under tremendous pressure to perform.
When Toyota and Honda were in CART (now Champcar with Ford Cosworth) the engine makers did all the development and leased the engines to the teams.  They put the pressure on themselves and spent the money until they were on top.
Hubbard is into racing and has put a lot of light on the subject with his posts in this thread.  He is correct in that Nascar has too much power.  I'm not a fan of this politically correct racing any more.  Too much BS and not enough racing.  Get rid of restrictor plates-have them drag anchors if they need to slow them down.
Going from 2nd or 3rd to 17th or worse because you get out of line and try to make a pass is no fun to watch.  Isn't fun for the drivers either.  The Shootout last Saturday night was painful to watch-plain boring.  Only bright side was DJ going from the pole to last in a few laps.  Bring back for me the Cale Yarborough days when racing was racing-even throw in a last lap fight on the back stretch with the Allison brothers for good measure.  Bringing up the Allsion name-sure miss Davey. Also miss #3, love him or hate him he was fun to watch.  Favorite line from #3 when causing a wreck-"It was just one of them there deals".. Starting to rant now.   :soapbox:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 07:10:18 PM »

No, can't say that I have.  I tried to buy some from the Local Airport years ago, but they wouldn't sell it to me.  Back then, the rumor on the street was it was 128 Octane, and was murder on the valve-train.  The local Distributor here for Torco, used to have 112 Octane available, but last year only offered 110 Octane.  Why, I don't know.  It's only available here, during the Dirt Track season.  Later--HUBBARD 

128 octane. Damn. I bought it from the airport in Portland Maine through a buddy that worked there. Never thought about it being restricted. Stuff sure did make my hotrod 96" Evo go fast, but the pipes turned every color of the rainbow and the heads got so hot I swear they were glowing. I started using about a gallon of it to every 4 of 94 octane unleaded. Still made that FXR hustle. That motor's still runnin by the way. Wound up out here a few years back in another bike I took in trade for a custom I built. Now that's a good version of what goes around comes around.

B B

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2007, 09:29:39 PM »

No doubt that TRD will be a force to be reckoned with sooner than later.  Until reading thru these last posts, I forgot that the individual teams built the motors and not the manufacturer's of the motor.  MWR and the other Toyota teams are under tremendous pressure to perform.
When Toyota and Honda were in CART (now Champcar with Ford Cosworth) the engine makers did all the development and leased the engines to the teams.  They put the pressure on themselves and spent the money until they were on top.
Hubbard is into racing and has put a lot of light on the subject with his posts in this thread.  He is correct in that Nascar has too much power.  I'm not a fan of this politically correct racing any more.  Too much BS and not enough racing.  Get rid of restrictor plates-have them drag anchors if they need to slow them down.
Going from 2nd or 3rd to 17th or worse because you get out of line and try to make a pass is no fun to watch.  Isn't fun for the drivers either.  The Shootout last Saturday night was painful to watch-plain boring.  Only bright side was DJ going from the pole to last in a few laps.  Bring back for me the Cale Yarborough days when racing was racing-even throw in a last lap fight on the back stretch with the Allison brothers for good measure.  Bringing up the Allsion name-sure miss Davey. Also miss #3, love him or hate him he was fun to watch.  Favorite line from #3 when causing a wreck-"It was just one of them there deals".. Starting to rant now.   :soapbox:

Yeah, what he said!  You can thank Ol' #3 for Restrictor Plates.  They cried and cried the Fords had an advantage on the Bow-Ties.  Hell, were it not for Restrictor Plates, Awesome Bill would have Airborne before the end of that Season.  Put it where it's due though, Dale Sr., Raced Hard from his first race, until his last.  The Wealth he had accumulated was of no concern to him on Race Day.  Later--HUBBARD
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:02:39 PM by HUBBARD »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2007, 10:34:05 PM »

Anyone care to elaborate on this.

I read that Dale Earnhardt Sr. started DEI for Dale Jr and his other kids.Trouble is he forgot to get his will in line with his wishes and his Trophy wife ended up with the whole shebang. Now she's damn close to chasin Jr. off which leaves DEI as what ? If Dale Jr. stays it'll be so his sister and brother don't end up with nothin. 

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2007, 12:42:48 PM »

I predict Dale Jr., will end up at RCR, with a Black #8 Budweiser Car.  He'll bring his Siblings with him.  Teresa doesn't need anyone to watch out for her.  She's definitely not worried about where her next meal is coming from.  JMO.

Later--HUBBARD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.