Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: NASCAR 2007! It's ON!!  (Read 12991 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: NASCAR 2007! It's ON!!
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2007, 04:10:12 PM »

I predict Dale Jr., will end up at RCR, with a Black #8 Budweiser Car.  He'll bring his Siblings with him.  Teresa doesn't need anyone to watch out for her.  She's definitely not worried about where her next meal is coming from.  JMO.

Later--HUBBARD

If he's going to paint it to match the old #3 why not take the number too.  As well as both Jr and Sr. were or are like Dale Jr. has never had the bad-ass image that his father did.  Putting the guy in a black car and a black hat would shake things up a bit.  I'd pay to watch it and see what happens.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2007, 09:56:26 PM »

The piece on the official NASCAR website about Jr sure doesn't dous the flames of him leavin DEI. He sounded pretty pi$$ed about the whole day. I'd like to see him go somewhere and be his own man. The whole Sr. thing is just a boat anchor around his neck at DEI. Just my $0.02

B B

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 12:10:40 PM »

If he's going to paint it to match the old #3 why not take the number too.  As well as both Jr and Sr. were or are like Dale Jr. has never had the bad-ass image that his father did.  Putting the guy in a black car and a black hat would shake things up a bit.  I'd pay to watch it and see what happens.

NASCAR or RCR, does not request my presence at their Board Meetings, but Rumor has it the # "3" is forever in the archives of RCR, never to be associated with another Driver, or Team.  That may, or may not be true.  :nixweiss: Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2007, 12:16:19 PM »

No doubt that TRD will be a force to be reckoned with sooner than later.  Until reading thru these last posts, I forgot that the individual teams built the motors and not the manufacturer's of the motor.  MWR and the other Toyota teams are under tremendous pressure to perform.
When Toyota and Honda were in CART (now Champcar with Ford Cosworth) the engine makers did all the development and leased the engines to the teams.  They put the pressure on themselves and spent the money until they were on top.
Hubbard is into racing and has put a lot of light on the subject with his posts in this thread.  He is correct in that Nascar has too much power.  I'm not a fan of this politically correct racing any more.  Too much BS and not enough racing.  Get rid of restrictor plates-have them drag anchors if they need to slow them down.
Going from 2nd or 3rd to 17th or worse because you get out of line and try to make a pass is no fun to watch.  Isn't fun for the drivers either.  The Shootout last Saturday night was painful to watch-plain boring.  Only bright side was DJ going from the pole to last in a few laps.  Bring back for me the Cale Yarborough days when racing was racing-even throw in a last lap fight on the back stretch with the Allison brothers for good measure.  Bringing up the Allsion name-sure miss Davey. Also miss #3, love him or hate him he was fun to watch.  Favorite line from #3 when causing a wreck-"It was just one of them there deals".. Starting to rant now.   :soapbox:

I agree.  I think it will be later, like in after MWR.  Toyota would have been light-years ahead, had they chosen someone like Robert Yates, as opposed to Mikey.  JMO.  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2007, 12:29:49 PM »

Did ya'll see the look on Jack Rousch's face, when MM said he finally had a Car that would win the Daytona 500?  Priceless.  I wonder how many Championships MM would have under his belt, had he been wheelin' a Chevrolet all this time?  :huepfenlol2: Later--HUBBARD

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2007, 12:30:47 PM »

Hub, I think you are right in the short term, but they can run roughshod on Mikey, where a Yates or other big named owner would not allow it.

Toyota doesn't make mistakes for the most part and if they do they get it fixed quick.  

I look for them to be on a serious win streak in two years.  With the new cars and rules they don't have the disadvantage they would have if they had to catch up on everyone, in this case everyone is on the same learning curve to a point.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 12:34:39 PM »

Did ya'll see the look on Jack Rousch's face, when MM said he finally had a Car that would win the Daytona 500?  Priceless.  I wonder how many Championships MM would have under his belt, had he been wheelin' a Chevrolet all this time?  :huepfenlol2: Later--HUBBARD

Let's see how MM does after a few more races, Derek Cope had a car under him to win it (have it handed to him) once as well.

MM is a good example of just how hard it is to win Daytona.  I hope he gets another chance too.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2007, 12:37:30 PM »

Let's see how MM does after a few more races, Derek Cope had a car under him to win it (have it handed to him) once as well.

MM is a good example of just how hard it is to win Daytona.  I hope he gets another chance too.

Derek who?  I had to say that.  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2007, 12:41:12 PM »

Hub, I think you are right in the short term, but they can run roughshod on Mikey, where a Yates or other big named owner would not allow it.

Toyota doesn't make mistakes for the most part and if they do they get it fixed quick.  

I look for them to be on a serious win streak in two years.  With the new cars and rules they don't have the disadvantage they would have if they had to catch up on everyone, in this case everyone is on the same learning curve to a point.

It may be sooner than that, but I agree, Toyota will be in the Front.  With, or without Mikey.  ;) Later--HUBBARD

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2007, 12:43:21 PM »

Derek who?  I had to say that.  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD

Yep, that's the one time wonder phenomenon, that and his short stint as a hair transplant spokesperson :huepfenjump3:

I guess its Derrike (parents couldn't spell)

Career Totals (1975 - present)
Starts  Championships  Wins  Top5  Top10  Avg. Start  Avg. Finish    Winnings
99                 0           1        2        6          31.4        28.2        1,456,496

Now that is plain sad.  I guess if you are going to win one it may as be the biggest race of the year.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2007, 02:08:51 PM »

Derek who?   I had to say that.  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD

That's a big DITTO from me Hub

B B

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »

I HEARD MARK MARTIN DOMINATED THE TRUCK RACE LAST NIGHT AND ON THE LAST LAP WAS SPUN OUT BY RON HORNADAY. IS THIS RIGHT, :nixweiss: AND HOW LONG WILL HIS LUCK BE BAD :nixweiss:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2007, 05:47:07 PM »

I HEARD MARK MARTIN DOMINATED THE TRUCK RACE LAST NIGHT AND ON THE LAST LAP WAS SPUN OUT BY RON HORNADAY. IS THIS RIGHT, :nixweiss: AND HOW LONG WILL HIS LUCK BE BAD :nixweiss:

Yep, 5 laps to go and a restart after a caution, MM brought 'em down and was trying to keep it slow, RH got under his tailgate an lifted him up and that was all she wrote.  MM spun to the infield as the field went bye.

Only justice was Hornaday didn't get the win.  Skinner won.

From www.nascar.com :

Martin, who pitted after spinning into the infield grass, wound up 23rd.

"You know, the thing just kind of lifted up, starting spinning its wheels and I got behind on the steering," he said. "But that's OK. We had a good race. That truck was really fast and I had some fun."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 05:53:03 PM by Rjob749 »

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2007, 05:53:08 PM »

Yep, 5 laps to go and a restart after a caution, MM brought 'em down and was trying to keep it slow, RH got under his tailgate an lifted him up and that was all she wrote.  MM spun to the infield as the field went bye.

Only justice was Hornaday didn't get the win.

I HOPE HE DOES BETTER IN THE CUP RACE SUNDAY, HE REALY NEEDS A BIG WIN :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2007, 07:59:28 PM »

Yep, that's the one time wonder phenomenon, that and his short stint as a hair transplant spokesperson :huepfenjump3:

I guess its Derrike (parents couldn't spell)

Career Totals (1975 - present)
Starts  Championships  Wins  Top5  Top10  Avg. Start  Avg. Finish    Winnings
99                 0           1        2        6          31.4        28.2        1,456,496

Now that is plain sad.  I guess if you are going to win one it may as be the biggest race of the year.

Grover,
            I think we found the guy who can answer my question about average finish of top ten qualifiers for any given race.

You go Rog

B B
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 21 queries.