Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Khrome Werks 10" Mini Bobber Bagger Apes Installed  (Read 3346 times)

Asphalt_Cowboy

Khrome Werks 10" Mini Bobber Bagger Apes Installed
« on: July 30, 2016, 09:16:21 PM »

I'm so glad I got a second opinion. I originally got a quote from Gail's, since that's where I got the bike, for 10" bars. They told me I needed all new clutch and brake lines, etc. I showed them numerous examples  online that proved you didn't need all that. 'Well, they quoted me $1894.... For friggin bars... 9 hrs or $981 in just labor. 

So, I went over to Blue Springs and talked to Kenny. I've bought two bikes from them and had a good amount of work done as well. In fact they put bars on my previous bike for $675.  Anyway, I asked Kenny what it would cost and he asked what I wanted. He suggested the bars, said I would need wire extensions, and polyurethane riser bushings..... That's it... He said out the door it would be $698.. Yeah, $300 less than what Gail's was charging for just labor. Kenny charged me 4 hrs for labor. 

Anyway, I absolutely love the new bars. The bike handles like a dream and no more sore wrists from having to lean forward.  My hands get some wind, but not much as the batwing blocks most of it. Pics to follow, but first, here's the quote from Gail's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Asphalt_Cowboy

Re: Khrome Werks 10" Mini Bobber Bagger Apes Installed
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 09:17:26 PM »

Asphalt_Cowboy

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 09:18:57 PM »

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:22:58 PM »

$1800 for bars and labor...that would be the last time I ask that dealer for anything!!!

Bafiii

• B.A.
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited. Platinum/Charcoal Gray
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 11:44:03 PM »

Looks fabulous and I'm happy to see them installed on the Ltd.  I have the same bike and looking to do the same swap for 10inch bars.  Please tell me your thoughts now that it is done??  I understand the polyurethane bushings make a real difference, can you tell?  This is my winter project so any pointers or guidance is appreciated. 
Thank you.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 06:24:19 AM »

Looks Great Brother !!!

Dante
DND

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 21 queries.