Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Battery powered Heated Gloves  (Read 1635 times)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
Battery powered Heated Gloves
« on: February 12, 2007, 07:23:22 PM »

Anybody try or have of a pair that works, I have seen a few on the market as of late, but have not herd if they can keep up with the thermal loss on a bike, I have read the threads on the bike powered Gerbing G3 not keeping up under 30, so It doesn't sound promising for this technology.
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Battery powered Heated Gloves
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 07:53:13 AM »

Anybody try or have of a pair that works, I have seen a few on the market as of late, but have not herd if they can keep up with the thermal loss on a bike, I have read the threads on the bike powered Gerbing G3 not keeping up under 30, so It doesn't sound promising for this technology.

The G3 gloves by Gerbing are marginal at best and I do most of my riding in Arizona.  Unfortunately, aside from their bulkier old style glove, I am unaware of a warmer product.   I would call Gerbing directly because someone sent their's back so that the glove could be reworked to perform better.  That person reported improved performance. As for their heated liner, it's terrific!!!!
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Battery powered Heated Gloves
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 11:25:39 AM »

The G3 gloves by Gerbing are marginal at best and I do most of my riding in Arizona.  Unfortunately, aside from their bulkier old style glove, I am unaware of a warmer product.   I would call Gerbing directly because someone sent their's back so that the glove could be reworked to perform better.  That person reported improved performance. As for their heated liner, it's terrific!!!!

I'm actually satisfied with my G3 gloves.  But it's becuase their engineering and my idea of "how cold is too cold" to ride regularly pretty well match up.  The gloves keep up down to somewhere around freezing, perhaps even a bit below.  You can still feel them helping you in that range.  But below that range I'm not riding anyway.  I'm old and slow with alternative transportation anymore.  25-30 outside, snow on the road, and all that other mess that goes along with it and I want to be in the cage anyway.  Better weather and the bike calls me; and the gloves work just fine.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.