Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kuryakyn Adjustable Passenger Pegs - 2017 Fitment Problem  (Read 2208 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Kuryakyn Adjustable Passenger Pegs - 2017 Fitment Problem
« on: October 31, 2016, 09:57:16 AM »

BSR likes Kuryakyn Adjustable Passenger pegs - a lot.  Have used them on all the Harleys, gives her flexibility much like the crash bar pegs give me.

On long trips is good to have the ability to change leg/foot position.  Kury does not make a set of these for this bike.  Spoke to Kury at Daytona and by phone and was told that CVO Limited 2014-17 - no fitment is available.  Could swap out passenger board mounts & buy another set but already had a set ($199.00) as a take off part from the 2010. Decided to see if this part would fit my 2017 if ground out.  A friend has a milling machine, much better than a grinding wheel or a hand dremel or cutter..  Took a few measurements, milled out the bottom clam shell portion (fits over the passenger board mount) quite a bit. Milled out top portion of clam shell less, not much room on top to remove material or the mechanism itself would be compromised.  No pics during milling process unfortunately.  Basically on this set of Kury pegs it involved removing material mostly from the back portion of the clam shells to make the bottom inside wider & deep & the top portion wider inside.  The front of the clam shell was wide enough already.

Results:
Right side peg

Right side peg front

Right side peg back

Left side peg

Left side peg back

Eventually will fill the gap with clear silicone sealer.  Decided during the process best result would be to mirror the clam shell pieces that fit over the passenger board bracket.  Pleased with overall result since the BSR is pleased.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
Re: Kuryakyn Adjustable Passenger Pegs - 2017 Fitment Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:19:38 AM »

Good job, if momma is happy, everybody is happy!! :orange:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Kuryakyn Adjustable Passenger Pegs - 2017 Fitment Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 12:31:51 AM »

Thanks!  Very true, and for some reason Kury has not made a version that will fit 4 years of CVO Limiteds and Street Glides. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.