Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: AJ's Trip to Florida & SEUC² Alarm Procedures  (Read 8314 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
AJ's Trip to Florida & SEUC² Alarm Procedures
« on: February 16, 2007, 01:10:52 AM »

Well I made it to Jupiter!
Thankfully it was an uneventful trip.
As posted elsewhere, the floorboard has been replaced. On the way down I stopped at Daytona HD for a pit stop. They're in full swing for the Daytona 500 and Bike week. I saw a lot of new clothes. One in particular was the new Screamin Eagle jacket. It is on the HD site:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448770358&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302285479&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302285479&bmUID=1171605865429&bmLocale=en_US

There were a TON of bikes on the floor. 2 Blue SEUC², one Red, and one '06 Melon. The '07's were $45,995 (ouch!). The '06 was $36,995 (mileage unknown).

If there is anyone else in the area let me know so maybe we can set up a ride this weekend. ??? Anyone???
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 09:51:39 PM by hard10 »

RedFXR2

Re: Trip to Florida
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 09:28:41 AM »

Well I made it to Jupiter!

If there is anyone else in the area let me know so maybe we can set up a ride this weekend. ??? Anyone???

CRAP!!!!  All this time and finally somebody shows up in my neck of the woods--and I'm getting on a plane this afternoon.  Be gone all weekend.  Did I say "CRAP"?

The weather here's going to be great tomorrow.  Do you have any places to go to already?  I could show you my backroad loop over to Lake Okeechobee.  Hit the Square Grouper (bar) on the south side of the inlet across from the light house off of A1A--turn off of US1 just south of the drawbridge. Although it's totally open air and right on the water so it will be chilly down there this weekend.  It's down the street right beside Schooner's restaurant.  You could also go north a bit through Stuart and hit Archie's over on the north end of Hutchinson Island.  For "Old Florida" try Harry and the Natives on US1 in Hobe Sound at Bridge Road or just above that on US1 is The Catfish House.  Excellent food.

How long are you going to be around?

One more time:  "CRAP!". 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 09:41:24 AM by RedFXR2 »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 10:12:41 AM »

CRAP!!!!  All this time and finally somebody shows up in my neck of the woods--and I'm getting on a plane this afternoon.  Be gone all weekend.  Did I say "CRAP"?

The weather here's going to be great tomorrow.  Do you have any places to go to already?  I could show you my backroad loop over to Lake Okeechobee.  Hit the Square Grouper (bar) on the south side of the inlet across from the light house off of A1A--turn off of US1 just south of the drawbridge. Although it's totally open air and right on the water so it will be chilly down there this weekend.  It's down the street right beside Schooner's restaurant.  You could also go north a bit through Stuart and hit Archie's over on the north end of Hutchinson Island.  For "Old Florida" try Harry and the Natives on US1 in Hobe Sound at Bridge Road or just above that on US1 is The Catfish House.  Excellent food.

Ha! I haven't thought about Harry and the Natives in a long while. Is their slogan still, "I'll have what the guy on the floor is having"? And I'll second John's Catfish too.

Man, you're bringing back a lot of memories of a former time.

Chief
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 10:14:29 AM by Chief »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 10:16:39 AM »

A nice ride from Jupiter:

You could head west on Indiantown(706) road till it stops, go right on the Bee-Line(710) up to where it meets 76 in Indiantown. Bear right off 710 before the bridge and go left onto 76 head under the bridge west.

West on 76, under, round and turn left to go over the Port Mayaca big bridge(look to the left whilst on
the bridge to see the big puddle) about 8-10 miles north to the J & S Fish Camp on the left. Really old Florida.

Boiled P-nuts and cold beer, yum.  Gas is up the road in Okeechobee, From there around the lake it is a nice ride to Roland Martins Fish Camp in Clewiston and on to 80 to the Tp, 95 or all the way back A1A to the Square Grouper (Do you know what a square grouper is? Ifin you were lucky you'd findem out fishin).

I may (ifin I get my chores done)  make it to the fish camp by around noon, I'd be comin out from wpb.

Watch out for cotton tops, tis the season here.

Peace

Miker

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »

Ha! I haven't thought about Harry and the Natives in a long while. Is their slogan still, "I'll have what the guy on the floor is having"? And I'll second John's Catfish too.

Chief

Yep.  Among others.  My T-shirt from there says "I have friends in low places".

They have a T-shirt hanging from the ceiling from Angola State Prison in Louisiana that reads "Angola--a gated community".

Harry and the Natives is quite popular with the two-wheeled crowd.  Last Saturday was beautiful--sunny and mid 70's.  You'd have thought it was Bike Week.  

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 10:42:07 AM »

I'm open for anything. My commitments are Mom's 65th birthday party tonight and dinner Saturday Night with my family. I can stay here as long as it takes!!! Red when are you coming back? Miker what time do you want to leave? Just gotta be back for dinner.

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 10:45:22 AM »

You could head west on Indiantown(706) road till it stops, go right on the Bee-Line(710) up to where it meets 76 in Indiantown. Bear right off 710 before the bridge and go left onto 76 head under the bridge west.
West on 76, under, round and turn left to go over the Port Mayaca big bridge(look to the left whilst on
the bridge to see the big puddle) about 8-10 miles north to the J & S Fish Camp on the left. Really old Florida.

Boiled P-nuts and cold beer, yum.  Gas is up the road in Okeechobee, From there around the lake it is a nice ride to Roland Martins Fish Camp in Clewiston and on to 80 to the Tp, 95 or all the way back A1A to the Square Grouper (Do you know what a square grouper is? Ifin you were lucky you'd findem out fishin).

I may (ifin I get my chores done)  make it to the fish camp by around noon, I'd be comin out from wpb.

Yep.  Only I come over from Hobe Sound on Bridge Road and then Kanner Highway--that's where you're getting off the Beeline and heading west to Port Mayaca.  Even more rural that way.  Stop at the Lock there and check out the gators.  I've seen some real dinosaurs in the basin just on the canal side, as well as out in the lake near the lock.

Ever take highway 98 north from Okeechobee?  It's a nice ride all the way to Sebring.  Or 70 straight west to Arcadia is a nice turn-around point as well.

I've been past the J&S Fish Camp but never stopped--guess I should sometime.

RedFXR2

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 10:50:25 AM »

Red when are you coming back? Miker what time do you want to leave? Just gotta be back for dinner.

Unfortunately I won't be back until late Sunday night.  Going into next week means busy with the kids all week.  Of course, there's always next weekend. :)   If that's too long of a stay for you then give me a heads up next time you're down this way.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 02:13:37 PM »

Unfortunately I won't be back until late Sunday night.  Going into next week means busy with the kids all week.  Of course, there's always next weekend. :)   If that's too long of a stay for you then give me a heads up next time you're down this way.
I promised Sassy I would be home by next weekend. But, my folks are here so I'm down quite a bit. Now even more so that I know I'll have someone to ride with ;D

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 11:53:22 PM »

Chief

Did a dry run to both places this after noon. It's only about 10 miles from Mom & Dad's. I had never been there before. How did I miss it before this ???

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 07:46:45 AM »

Watch out for cotton tops, tis the season here.

Peace

Miker

OK Miker, call me if we're on for this! It's sunny, a little chilly now at 39º but the high is supposed to be 66º. I've got my chaps and am ready to burn some fuel. AJ

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 09:24:24 PM »

Went to Treasure Coast HD this afternoon for customer appreciation day. Nice large dealership. I saw an '07 SEUC². I told the owner, Mike(that's him next to the bike), about the site. Here is his ride.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 10:29:39 PM by hard10 »

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »

He has some interesting mods

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 09:28:08 PM »

Pinstripping added

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 09:34:30 PM »

He has some interesting mods
I would say so. :-\ Did you get him to blow those horns for you. I bet they would scare the hell out of the "blue hair" drivers in Fla. :nervous: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 10:01:41 PM by Fired00d »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.