Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Xtreme Machine Wheels  (Read 28927 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Xtreme Machine Wheels
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 05:29:42 PM »

Those of you that are doing/thinking of this are you including chrome calipers in this upgrade? Was looking at V-Twin Motorcycle TV last night and they did an upgrade of wheels/rotors/calipers on a bike and the total package was bling, blinging. 8)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Oh yeah, Gary...the show last night was using the Performance Machine calipers...nice stuff.  Take a look at the HogPro site and you can see pics of what they offer.  That was a nice show last night...showed the HUGE difference wheels can make to a bike.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007, 05:34:43 PM »

Well there are a couple of ideas I'm running through. 1 is that I may go with the single brake and then I would need to rebuild the forks to get a new right lower( And upgrade the springs to progressive) or 2 is do all the calipers later this Spring. But I did talk to Hogpro about the PM's. I want to see what everything looks like with the dual brakes right now before I make the final decision.

I know what you mean...lot's of chit to consider when taking a project like this on.  No doubt the single disc LOOKs cooler, but I'm unsure on my bike about the stopping power loaded down.  If you go with a 6 piston and 13" rotor, it would probably be the same net effect, with Lyndall pads...

I'm anxious to see what Phil's coming up with on this new caliper...I just don't think it's all going to look right without chrome calipers on it too..the stockers would stick out like a sore p$&*er...not talking about Frankenserk, but Wanda June....

TTS Mastertune

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 06:43:24 PM »

I'm with ya Terry. But I can replace the calipers at any time theyre easy enough to do. But I probably will now that my arm has been twisted by the fellow OCDers of this site( dOOd and Terry). Will keep you posted.  later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 06:52:37 PM »

JQ,
     Your wheels are in the Extreme Machine Semi headed to Daytona for Bike Week. All of these suppliers go into the ozone on their orders a month before and after Daytona, Sturgis etc.
    Grab Heather, drive down in the car, pick up the wheels, take them to Metzler's truck, have tires mounted, put wheels in car, drive home, mount on bike. You can be done with this in 48 hours. Just my $0.02

B B

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 06:57:13 PM »

I'm with ya Terry. But I can replace the calipers at any time theyre easy enough to do. But I probably will now that my arm has been twisted by the fellow OCDers of this site( dOOd and Terry). Will keep you posted.  later,Q

Glad we could be of service, bro... :2vrolijk_09:

TTS Mastertune

hogasm

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 07:07:18 PM »

Q   If you want to go with the single front calliper and don't think you will have time to grind down the right lower well then

I have a spare set already chromed. Here is the deal....I will send you these and you send me your set when they are finished.

Might save you some time :coolblue:

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »

Cool Brian Thanks for the offer I will let you know.. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 07:23:43 PM »

I've got an unchromed set if anybody needs em to do this

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 11:43:15 PM »

Give me a couple weeks and I'll have another set of legs off that someone could grind down to add to this mix of merry-go-round parts.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 06:07:12 AM »

Such CVO love round here :orange:. Thanks All,Q

hogasm

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 10:43:23 AM »

Cool Brian Thanks for the offer I will let you know.. Later,Q

I always like to have spares of everything just incase. Had the other set for Crash, but since that project is moving so fast  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: won't need them for awhile.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2007, 04:36:14 PM »

Well I just got off the phone with Phil from Hogpro. He is definately a good guy. He basically said that Xtreme Machine are "primadonna's" and they say when they're done you'll get em. And they offer no swag >:(. Well I will patiently wait because I don't want to start this process over and i like the design i picked.  I will let y'all know how this soap opera ends.  A disgruntled Q.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »

Well I just got off the phone with Phil from Hogpro. He is definately a good guy. He basically said that Xtreme Machine are "primadonna's" and they say when they're done you'll get em. And they offer no swag >:(. Well I will patiently wait because I don't want to start this process over and i like the design i picked.  I will let y'all know how this soap opera ends.  A disgruntled Q.

That sucks.  Even when you're lucky enough to find one vendor who might seem like stand-up guys they're hosed but a vendor that is.... well.... normal.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007, 05:52:33 PM »

Q,

Remember the old saying.............. "Good things come to those who wait" !  :2vrolijk_21:

Every set of Xtreme Machine Wheels I've ever seen are awesome (beyond compare in my mind).  :coolblue:

Sooo hang in there you'll be a very happy camper in th end.  :bananarock: :huepfenjump3: :cucumber:

Fatboy :drink:

PS: I guessing their "Barbaric". :nixweiss:

hogasm

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »

Q,  I will pick  up your wheels in Daytona :D wouldn't that make you one pissed off camper if your rims were on display there :soapbox:

I hope they have the Eagle Z rim on display. Want to see it in person
 Usually they give you a great price on the display rims.

We'll see :coolblue:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.