CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

stall

(1/6) > >>

Jetmech30:
Has anybody experienced stalls at low speed..The bike did not die but it hesitated halfway through  A turn had this happen twice..for all that have a new bike with his new engine be aware of this because it can happen  and it's happened to me..make sure you stay on the throttle!!

cvosjoe:
Have occasionally noticed the same thing.

Jetmech30:
Well it sure wakes you up real quick.. in my opinion I think it could be running to lean at low speeds or rpm.. with good tune tts richen up a little should help at lower rpm.. I'm sure there running lean as my twin cam was.. better to be a little rich then to lean!!

grc:

Stumble and/or stall is not acceptable and can constitute a safety defect.  I'd suggest people experiencing this not just blow it off but rather insist H-D fix it.  This sort of stuff gets recalled in the automotive world, but Harley in the past has been immune for some reason.  Now that the EPA has finally started paying attention to Harley, perhaps the NHTSA will do so as well.  Don't forget guys, if you use a tuning device to tweak this issue yourself on a 2017, you will risk losing your powertrain warranty under the consent agreement between EPA and Harley.  Make them fix it.

JMHO - Jerry

RonandJanet:
Wow - I agree with Jerry.  That is dangerous and HD should fix it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version