CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

Interesting stage 4 build...

(1/6) > >>

spook120:
So decided to build my 17 CVO into a stage 4 motor...but will install a stage 3 cam!  I seldom ride above the 4500 RPM range with an occasional run up to 5500.  Can't remember when a HD of mine has seen anything past that.  So with some consultation with the wrench doing the build we are going to experiment a bit and see if we can increase the torque between 2000-4500.  If it doesn't pan out, then the stage 4 cam will be substituted as I will have adjustable tapered pushrods in this build. Exhaust will be Fullsac 2.5 cores in the original mufflers with either a jackpot or fullsac head pipe... depending on availability.  I will let the board know how it works out in the next few weeks.  Any thoughts??

FLSTFI Dave:
I think it may be better for how I ride then the stage 4 cam.  I just do not like moving the torque curve so far to the right like the full stage 4 does.

I like torque curve that comes on earlier and is flatter.  It will be very interesting to see your results.

SDCVO:
Make sure you discuss with your dealer keeping it under full warranty if you change the stage 4. Might want to get something in writing from them if they say they will cover in case whoever tells you that is not there down the road when you might need it.

spook120:
Thanks for the reply.  Already discussed, we will be using all HD internals, just stepping down a cam size to maximize torque in the RPM range that I ride.  It would void warranty at this dealer if I used an after market cam.  Exhaust is ok, aftermarket can is not. 

CVOSGJoe:
What tune are you going to use?  Screamin Eagle Street Tuner does not have that combo nor are there any plans to build a map for it.  Myself and my local dealer called HD and told that using this cam with the Stage IV build is not recommended by HD and the bike will not run correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version