Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: XM- Sirius Merger  (Read 5965 times)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
Re: XM- Sirius Merger
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »

I received the same letter as well and decided that I will stick with XM and bought a really kewl portable
Delphi SkyFi3      http://shopdelphi.com/consumers/satradio/       for my company vehicle
I also bought the SkyFi3 Home Kit, an additional SkyFi3 Vehicle Kit (Pearsonal vehicle) and and Premium Wearable Kit 
This way I have XM in all of my vehicles plus home and portable kit for just an additional $6.99 a month
Living in Iowa, sometimes it is really hard to find any decent FM or AM radio stations and I now have that issue resolved

The entire Delphi SkyFi3 kit was under $400 bucks and is about the size of a Palm Pilot

jeffj

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2007, 08:12:35 PM »

I've got XM on the bike and in my Wife's car and Sirius in my truck.  I'll be glad when/if they merge because then I won't have to maintain two services and pay the premium price for the first radio on each service, which will be nice...plus it will be nice not to jump from the bike for baseball to the truck for football... ;D
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2007, 07:36:01 PM »

Bigshowoff has right, they will beam content to the current satellites and it will be transparent to all of us...you will continue to receive signal, it'll just be slightly different content.

I pay for 3 XM subscriptions and 4 Sirius subscriptions.  IMHO Sirius is the best.  I will probably put a Sirius receiver on my SEUC anyway cause I can't take XM anymore.  Trust me, sign up for a short stint of Sirius on line and you'll see what us Sirius lovers are talking about.  If your over 25 years old and don't like the HipHop scene and clubbin in em' then you'll love Sirius!

It's a win win for all off us in the short term as you will see no drop in service no matter what you have.  They'll have to make future equipment accessable to both satellites because it will enhance coverage nationwide.  You can thank all the MoCO's (Car & Bike) for not signing with both companies.  That'd be like having to buy two TV's to sit side-by-side to watch all the programs.

In the long term we could see pricing spiral out of control like the cable companies have because there'll be no alternative (monopoly) and that is the FTC's fear.  Free air radio is on the way out IMHO, the IMUS thing just pushed satellite even further into the spotlight.  I guarantee he will be on satellite in a year or so, they just don't want to make waves until the merger is approved or denied.

Plus just go for a ride between 7:00 and 9:00 without satellite and try and find a station with any music or with no commercials.
Unapologetically American!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »

And to think that it took this long to happen...wow!  Our congress hard at work!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 01:49:53 PM »

received an e-mail today from XM offering the "Best of Sirius" for an additional $4/mo.  Includes NFL, Stern, Playboy, Martha Stewart.  There's some promo if I I call I can get three months free.  Wow, put the bike in storage for 5 months and get three months of free limited Sirius!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »

XM is really digging for business. I purchased a  new vehicle recently and it came with a 3 month "trial" for XM. It runs out mid November. They have been calling constantly & upping the deals offered. They are willing to give me a year on the car dirt cheap . You can also put the motorcycle on the "marine" plan whereby you can temporarily suspend service for the winter months when the mc is sitting. THE MUFFMAN

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2008, 07:30:37 PM »

XM is really digging for business. I purchased a  new vehicle recently and it came with a 3 month "trial" for XM. It runs out mid November. They have been calling constantly & upping the deals offered. They are willing to give me a year on the car dirt cheap . You can also put the motorcycle on the "marine" plan whereby you can temporarily suspend service for the winter months when the mc is sitting. THE MUFFMAN

I should check on that, it would be perfect for the bike.

Also, NASCAR is on Sirius now and that's about all I listened to on the way to Cripple Creek when it was on XM.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2008, 05:16:06 AM »

I have had both. When I replaced the radio on Punkin I went with XM. I have since bought the receiver for Sirius and replaced the XM pod.  BTW if you are looking to up grade your radio to XM I have the receiver for sale. It is complete with antenna and all wiring you need to hook it up. 50 bucks plus shipping.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.