Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ergonomic question / BREAKOUT CVO  (Read 2550 times)

aero8

• Full CVO Member
ergonomic question / BREAKOUT CVO
« on: April 22, 2017, 06:39:31 AM »

dear members of this forum

I plan to trade in my STREET GLIDE KRYPTO against a CVO BREAKOUT.

Due to the fact that i am only 172 cm tall, i wonder if i will sit comfy without pain in my back??

Another question i wonder about is the heat which are generated by the cats. On my Street Glide they cook my feet.

How is it with the BREAKOUT with the heat?

Does this engine still have this valve clatter at around 3000 rpm?

How do you rate the power and handling of the CVO BREAKOUT ? How good works the front fork?

How is the paint quality? How does it sound with stock mufflers ( severe punishment by the police here with modified mufflers)

Tanks for your feedbacks. :cucumber: :P ::)

Best wishes from Switzerland

Aero8

p.s. sorry for my faults in my english

Saljemar

• Junior CVO Member
Re: ergonomic question / BREAKOUT CVO
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 07:31:44 AM »

I have a 2013 CVO Breakout and have put on 11,000 miles (around 18,000km). I love the bike and you will not have a problem being 172cm to ride it. The bike does not come with cats and the heat is not bad at all.

It has a rear pillion for lower back support and keeping you from sliding off the back with hard acceleration. I bought this after mainly riding Kawasaki big bore sport bikes and it has very nice torque and good power and handles very nicely as long as you don't want to lay the bike down going around corners fast. You will drag your heal or the footpeg which acts like a knee pad in road racing. I don't have a problem with valve clatter even though you can hear it a little with no helmet, but I always wear a helmet.

The suspension is good and the paint is beautiful. The sound is ok, but I put in Fullsac's 1.75" cores which is the smallest they make and it sounds a little louder, but not too much. You would probably not be stopped with the 1.75" cores in place.

aero8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 06:33:02 AM »

Thanks for your fast response.

Did you have any niggles or faults so far? Is it easy to read the digital speedo?

Which color do you have?

So many questions...sorry.

Kind regards Aero8

Saljemar

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 08:13:03 AM »

I have the black diamond/molten silver which I love with the gray/silver frame.
I have had no problems with the bike except some oily residue on the cooling fins of the rear cylinder. It turned out to be a loose exhaust to head clamp. I tightened it up and it was fixed.

The digital speedo is easy to read and you can change the colors of the display. It is a great bike.

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 Break Out
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 11:53:17 AM »

I have a 2013 as well, same color pattern. I had both the tank and rear fender replaced due to corrosion. There is a common trend of corrosion on the tank that begins at the center console and creeps outward. The rear fender corrosion was under the rear seat by the seat mounting hardware. Both events were under the clear coat, and both were warranty work. If you are looking used, I would just ask for pictures in high def of those areas. The replacement rear fender was actually done much better and I believe there was a resolved defect. I have not heard of this issue on 2014s or  later but all were outsourced to different companies as far as I know.

The stock pipes are adequate in sound and good in power. I went with a Bassani 2 to 1 and would be surprised to hear that make any fuss with your Police. I kept it stock for 1500 miles.

I had a leaking head gasket in the 1500 miles also, this actually went away and never came back but I would look closely on used for residue or oil stains indicating one.

The engine is much more "ticky" around mid range RPMs than any that I have had but she still runs as strong with 21000 miles.

The heat from the engine can be a problem. Stock, I had over heat issues when I was stuck in gridlock traffic here. It got bad to the point of shutting off. I went with HD Oil Cooler and JIMs parade fan that replaces the horn and blows air in between the cylinders. This fixed the heat issues but cost about 800$ USD by the time I got parts and paid for install. Very Worth it!

The Handling is amazing! I was worries about the front rake and wide back tire but it kept up with my buddies VROD one the twisties. One problem though is the height of the bike. It is low! I thought I was scraping just the pegs in tight turns but on closer inspection I am actually scraping the primary. I believe a shock adjustment would fix this though, but the that thing hugs the road tight!

I am 68 inches tall and too lazy to look up conversions :) The seating and reach are perfect for me.

The power is great for me. We always want more but I am content. Again, it lagged just slightly behind the VROD on take offs and gets a very good lead on the new 103s. My other friend has a Ducatti but we wont talk about him....

Bought new in 2013, currently over 21000 miles now. Multiple trips over 1000 miles over the course of a few days. It only left me sit once (operator fuel judgment issue, not the bike's fault) I love this bike and have no intention of getting rid of her!

aero8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »

Thanks for all the interesting responses here...i appreciate your advise and help!

Police in Switzerland is very strict on loud pipes....they take away your driving license for 3 months and you will get a fine in correlation to your salary....can be easy a minimum of 2000 Dollars!!  :oops: :nervous:

Now i will look for a  drive at a dealer .....wondering how the CVO Breakout will perform.

Aero8

Coake

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 05:03:19 PM »

Any updates Aero8?
Did you get to take one out for a ride?

I want a street glide, but I'd never trade my 16 CVO breakout, I need both :).
Having never ridden a bagger, I'm curious the riding difference.

aero8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 06:58:15 AM »

Hello coake

I was not able to find a dealer with a demo-Breakout CVO.

At the monent there are some avaiable as new bikes , around 12 bikes in dealer stock.

I wait now what the MY 18 brings...maybe a Road King Special CVO.....would be my dream.

It is very hard to say goodbye to my cvo street glide, so if my wife dont kill me, i Keep the CVO and buy a second bike. :-X :-X :-X

All the best from sunny Switzerland
Aero8

Dirtyboot

• NC

• CVO1: '16 PS Breakout - Starfire Black
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »

Sorry to hear that; around here the dealers are eager to put you on the seat of anything you may have interest in.  Best way to sell something is by letting someone ride it.

From my experience, it makes a fun ride.  Going through curves at the same speeds as a *glide - the breakout will ground parts ~15mph before the *glide does.  If you spend a lot of time in varying weather, the lack of the fairing will be a noticeable regret if not properly clothed when hitting rain etc. or insect swarms/clouds.  I don't recall enough to compare stock motor to a 110" streetglide, but imagine[aka total guess] the balancing mechanism and heavy rear wheel leech enough power that the throttle sensations are similar.  I have no issues with the fork suspension, and haven't heard of anyone with the ProStreet having issues, but there have been several threads across breakout forums on modding the base model and prior CVO fork innards since stock was "as efficient as a pogostick".
When seconds count - lose a finger; it's extra weight!  Who needs 10 anyway?

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.