CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

What does everyone with M8 think of the engine so far?

(1/6) > >>

Billy:
I'm trying to find out what everyone with the new M 8 thinks of the power , performance and reliability .  Billy

CVOdave:
I call it my Honda Davidson. It DOES pull nice from start to 3500 rpm but it just isn't a Harley experience. All I hear is wind.  I haven't had any problems and just turned over 1000 mi. The clutch sucks but that's my only real complaint. 15 in. Windshield reflects the CVO LED but that's in the Street Glide section. I kept my 04 Pumpkin  :pumpkin: for those times when I need to be reminded what a Harley used to be.

acevtwin:
It pulls hard. I still don't like how you can feel the shifting in the clutch lever. And the clutch hits too late for my taste. I enjoy riding it more now that I have some sound coming from it thanks to my new Cobra neighbor hater slip on's. I Love the Motor. That being said, I agree with CVODave, It sure doesn't idle like my '04 Pumpkin did.

muddypaws:
After 850 miles and a new oil pump I like it...

iski:
Like it a lot!  :2vrolijk_21:  Still bone stock, no mods yet.  Good low end torque, power comes on quick.  Can tell there is more TQ/HP to be had in the motor with the right mods.  Clutch took some getting used to, fine now, just a different feel than the older hydro clutches. So far reliability is 100% here.  Know a few folks who have them, know of no major issues firsthand from them.

I like the quieter motor, does not sound like it is about to grenade - realize some prefer that from the older HD motors.  Never cared for the squirrel cage full of rocks rattle - gota get a set of loud pipes to cover up the motor racket because....They All Do That.  Also like the quiet stock pipes so far, less noise fatigue on longer rides.

Suspension is excellent and is far and away the best ride from HD in that regard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version