CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

CVO PAINT JOBS

(1/6) > >>

Sil:
Does anyone know if the CVO paint jobs are being outsourced or are they painted in-house by Harley-Davidsson, i noticed a sticker on my CVO side cover with a company called Gunslinger custom painter located in Colorado.

OBB:
Lots of info about that subject already on this site. Gunslinger is/was a preferred vendor used by HD for CVO paint.

Twolanerider:
Gunslinger in Colorado and Calibre in Wisconsin are two of the suppliers Harley has used for CVO paint.  Some years have been as one would expect and some (early SEUC) had tremendous problems.

If memory serves me correctly Harley did the 1999 FXRs themselves.  After that it was subcontract work.  Very early on some of the work even went to a shop in Mexico if the consistent stories are true.  2002 SERKs supposedly done at a subcontractor there.

06Ultraman:
This surprises me.   I had heard there was acvo team that built all cvos. By hand in York including paint.   Astounding to hear they farm that out to where no control is present over the process one a 40k bike.

JCZ:
You're going to learn a lot on this forum.

The MoCo did build CVOs on a dedicated assembly line however, that's no longer the case.  Now they're built on the line with standard models. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version