Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO Navigation CD Update ?  (Read 2208 times)

radavi98

• FLHRSEI.ORG
CVO Navigation CD Update ?
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:53:24 PM »

I have the 07 CVO Ultra and used extensively the NAV system.  Routes were fine but hotel finding was out of date especially for name changes.  i.e. Holiday Inn to Crowne Plaza, etc.  Has anyone bought or found an update and what version do the 08 CVO's come with?
After all the money spent, I refuse to more on additional parts!!!   Except air filter, Exhaust, Power commander.........well, maybe a few more things.

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
Re: CVO Navigation CD Update ?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 06:18:25 PM »

I'll have to look and see what version it is, but it is 3 cd's and there was a supplement in with the owner's manual which stated that this is the newest version and disregard the mentioning of the 2 cd version in the OM.

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:56:48 PM »

The version I have is V2.0.  H-D Part No. 76472-06A.  No match when searching H-D website, though.  Tried it in my computer and it may be copyable. 

radavi98

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 09:00:36 AM »

I have the 2 cd version.  Western and Eastern US.  What are the 3 cd's?  New Geographical breakout or something else?  Finding info on the NAV and the radio software updates is like pulling teeth
After all the money spent, I refuse to more on additional parts!!!   Except air filter, Exhaust, Power commander.........well, maybe a few more things.

gholwick

• TX

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:06:53 AM »

I have the 07 CVO Ultra and used extensively the NAV system.  Routes were fine but hotel finding was out of date especially for name changes.  i.e. Holiday Inn to Crowne Plaza, etc.  Has anyone bought or found an update and what version do the 08 CVO's come with?
I called H-D back in April asking about updates for the Navigation system in my 07 CVO Ultra. I wanted something more recent and capable than the 2 year old CD's that were issued with my bike. When setting up routes and hotels for the Posse Ride last summer I found very few that the Nav system recognized. Anyway, the nice woman at H-D told me that perhaps there would be an update in July or late in the summer. I finally gave up and used my Garmin for the trip. Unfortunately, I never found any mention or update part number on H-D's website and the dealers seem to act as though they've never heard anything either.

The version I have is V2.0.  H-D Part No. 76472-06A.  No match when searching H-D website, though.  Tried it in my computer and it may be copyable. 
I would be anxious to find update discs for the Navigation system, either from H-D or any other source. I'm certain that there are others hoping to find updates as well. Let us know if you find a solution or availability somewhere.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 10:19:22 AM »

The '08s are shipping with a three CD set.  HD Part No. 76472-06A as mentioned earlier.  Disk 1 is everyhting West of the Mississippi River, Western Canada, Alaska and Hawaii.  Disk 2 is the North East US, and Eastern Canada and disk three is the South East.  So far it has been OK as far as updating.  About equivilent to my Garmin Quest when it comes to name accuracy and location (has wrong location for Schochs HD in Stroudsburg, but so does my Garmin and some online mapping sites).  I don't know if you can get it from the dealer's yet or not.  Good Luck.

J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 10:45:44 AM »

I battle this issue all the time with the NAV systems in both of my cages.  The DVD disks are somewhat antiquated, while MOPAR is putting out regular updated disks (at about $300 a pop), the maps and databases still are not that great as it seems that the updated disks don't seem to be any benefit for my area, which happens to be a Metro :(
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 25 queries.