Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer  (Read 43492 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2017, 08:57:51 AM »

I think I've mentioned at least twenty times over the years on this site that people need to insist on a hard copy of the work order each and every time they take the bike in for service, warranty work, etc.  Don't let them just blow you off with the famous verbal BS "they all do that" or "we couldn't duplicate the problem".  Make them actually put it in writing on an official work order, and give you a legible and complete copy.

The idea that this jerk would tell a dealership to go into their computer records and delete the history on the bike should let everyone know exactly what kind of people Harley has in their employ.  Obviously new top management hasn't fixed the corporate culture; they still spend more time trying to weasel out of their responsibilities than they do just trying to fix the problems.  And btw, most businesses these days have backups of their computerized systems.  Unless this place also deleted all the backups, an attorney might be able to get those backups.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2017, 09:16:38 AM »

I think I've mentioned at least twenty times over the years on this site that people need to insist on a hard copy of the work order each and every time they take the bike in for service, warranty work, etc.  Don't let them just blow you off with the famous verbal BS "they all do that" or "we couldn't duplicate the problem".  Make them actually put it in writing on an official work order, and give you a legible and complete copy.

The idea that this jerk would tell a dealership to go into their computer records and delete the history on the bike should let everyone know exactly what kind of people Harley has in their employ.  Obviously new top management hasn't fixed the corporate culture; they still spend more time trying to weasel out of their responsibilities than they do just trying to fix the problems.  And btw, most businesses these days have backups of their computerized systems.  Unless this place also deleted all the backups, an attorney might be able to get those backups.

JMHO - Jerry

I have had my bike in for warranty work 3 times, not once did they give me a copy of the repair order, I have been in this line of work all my life so naturally I asked for a copy of the repair order and each time they looked at me like I'm from Mars!

I don't know what kind of system Harley dealers use, but I would assume there similar to systems that are used in the auto world ADP/CDK, Reynolds & Reynolds etc, you maybe able to delete and destroy the paper files, but the system should not let you delete the history in the system and any attorney should be able to request those records through discovery.

But I would also recommend as Jerry said, Ask for a copy of the repair order when you leave your bike and also a completed one when you pick up.   
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2017, 12:20:34 PM »

I have had my bike in for warranty work 3 times, not once did they give me a copy of the repair order, I have been in this line of work all my life so naturally I asked for a copy of the repair order and each time they looked at me like I'm from Mars!

I don't know what kind of system Harley dealers use, but I would assume there similar to systems that are used in the auto world ADP/CDK, Reynolds & Reynolds etc, you maybe able to delete and destroy the paper files, but the system should not let you delete the history in the system and any attorney should be able to request those records through discovery.

But I would also recommend as Jerry said, Ask for a copy of the repair order when you leave your bike and also a completed one when you pick up.   

I think your are correct on the system its Reynolds and Reynolds. 

In line with the backup thinking,  The dealer should have their own backup/cloud AND Harley definitely does. That's how they develop their metrics and monitor failures. Remember there must be a record since they sent a factory rep down to examine the issue.  His physical presence is  predicated on a record of events that are serious enough to require it.

I am still focused on the goal--Get the Bike Up And Running--Get some gaskets in from HD Corporate and the bike could be up and running again in less than a day.  If the dealership Owner or the GM were updated ...together I'll bet the GM would take ownership of the issue again and gaskets could be FedEx'd in by Monday morning.

Also, before you tip your hand, I think you can get copies from HD corporate Customer Support by just asking. Blame the weather, a computer glitch or...

Failing all of that it might be worth pulling the bike and transporting it to another more capable and friendly dealer.  Manassas HD used to be good. Check around on the internet. See who is close and who has several PHD mechanics who have been there awhile.

I know for a fact that Tilley's Harley-Davidson could fix it.  They are in Statesville, NC. GREAT PEOPLE!!

VERY BEST WISHES FOR A QUICK EXPENSE FREE RESOLUTION.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2017, 09:11:28 PM »

I was called this morning by the dealer stating that the local rep ED was sending gaskets next day for today delivery. The dealer said they would have it back together tomorrow. They also are going to add the fairing  lower speaker set up.
I am heading out of town to finish a job in Roanoke this week. I had given them a deadline of Monday by noon as the pickup time. Maybe it will be ready. If so the bike is coming with me this week and will be ridden  :bananarock:
If I finish up a day or so early we might be able run down to the tail of the dragon :pepper: :drummer:
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2017, 09:32:14 PM »

I was called this morning by the dealer stating that the local rep ED was sending gaskets next day for today delivery. The dealer said they would have it back together tomorrow. They also are going to add the fairing  lower speaker set up.
I am heading out of town to finish a job in Roanoke this week. I had given them a deadline of Monday by noon as the pickup time. Maybe it will be ready. If so the bike is coming with me this week and will be ridden  :bananarock:
If I finish up a day or so early we might be able run down to the tail of the dragon :pepper: :drummer:

CONGRATULATIONS!!   

I still would ask for copies of all of your service history while everybody is calm and hoping it's finally fixed. You never know what will happen next in a month, or year later.

Best wishes and ride safe!!

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2017, 09:39:21 PM »

Absolutely. I am going to request that the service request show the actual day it was returned to the dealer this last time which was 8/16/2107 and will hopefully be released on 9/18/2017.
Man I hope this really fixes the problem.
Thanks again

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2017, 09:42:53 PM »

After everything you've reported going through you're hiring more work on the same bike from the same shop?

Never mind.  I wouldn't understand anyway.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2017, 09:44:49 PM »

This work is old contracted work that they owe to me.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2017, 10:02:15 PM »

I know this is very complicated.
However I caught them when they over billed me in this process and then the service manager quit the day before all of this blew up.
So the owner wouldn't agree to pay me in cash but gave me credit. 
We had an agreement to install the speaker lowers.
I would rather have them install the lower fairing speakers and take care of my credit so that when my bike is done I can run like hell :orange:
LOL.
They just hired a new service manager so I hope they are on the right track now.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2017, 10:34:17 PM »

I know this is very complicated.
However I caught them when they over billed me in this process and then the service manager quit the day before all of this blew up.
So the owner wouldn't agree to pay me in cash but gave me credit. 
We had an agreement to install the speaker lowers.
I would rather have them install the lower fairing speakers and take care of my credit so that when my bike is done I can run like hell :orange:
LOL.
They just hired a new service manager so I hope they are on the right track now.

There are a great many words I might use to describe your.... encounter.  Unbelievable, incredible, improbable if not all but impossible, bizarre, gawd-awful and quite simply a cluster-f$%* of exo-atmospheric proportions in so many ways.  Complicated ain't one of them though.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2017, 07:11:16 PM »

There are a great many words I might use to describe your.... encounter.  Unbelievable, incredible, improbable if not all but impossible, bizarre, gawd-awful and quite simply a cluster-f$%* of exo-atmospheric proportions in so many ways.  Complicated ain't one of them though.
I would whole heartedly agree 100%.
I am just trying to stay as optimistic as possible.
I hope all went well today so that I can get this thing down the road.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2017, 08:20:51 PM »

I would whole heartedly agree 100%.
I am just trying to stay as optimistic as possible.
I hope all went well today so that I can get this thing down the road.

Good on ya mate for keeping a chin up.  Relatively certain I'd have gone random trajectory ballistic had I dealt with all you've described.  Likely not to any benefit but I'd have gone there anyway.  So, most definitely, good luck on it finally, eventually, being properly sorted.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2017, 11:23:41 PM »

Based on what I've read here it sounds like a pick up issue, the rotary oil pump design is proven and I can't imagine they could actually mess that up, but it is HD, they could mess up a wet dream.  Makes absolutely zero sense that changing displacement creates the issue though.

HD went to  Sunday school picnic,
and screwed it up big time.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2017, 11:34:50 PM »

I ride a bit, have over 18K on my 17 SESG.  So far I have not noticed a loss of power.  I have done several 600 mile days at 75~80 mph.  Not saying it will not happen, and I am watching for it.  Bike is pretty much stock except fullsac 2.25 cores.
  pass a few cars  one or to at a time or a couple semis and your speed is well over 100 mph   do  it a few times and you will pull out to pass and the motor is not going to accelerate anywhere near what it takes to pass.  get it in a slow speed or a stop sign  and try to get away from a stop sign and the thing does not have the power to pull away from a stop sign  and in a slow speed turn be careful too. the motor will in my experience  want to die  at these very slow speeds because traffic is  backed up. it is a dangerous situation to put it mildly.  in situations which require you to get out of the way  or keep moving  with the flow. 

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2017, 11:39:24 PM »

I have run my stage 3 for 10000 miles with no issues
if your not having any issues your a fortunate person
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 22 queries.