Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer  (Read 43036 times)

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2017, 07:15:57 PM »

i got a blacked out bike and its not that terrible to take care of, painted parts (tank,fenders ect) dont wear as well as the powder coated parts and it helps if some one working on it gives a ship too. and will say the chrome on the rental is easier to cleanup and more forgiving ... its just a damn shame what this fellow is dealing with harleynut i feel for ya
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
Re: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2017, 10:48:50 PM »

I can deal with the scratches if I was the one liable for them.
However I didn't pay for them to add the scratches no matter the color of my bike.
It just pisses me off when they damage the bike under their care.
An All black bike  doesn't scare me in today's time if you take care of it.
Harley accessory parts chrome is very cheap as well so no difference in wear quality versus the other.
I bought the hard slate candy with arctic black 17 CVO SG
The bike really looks so much better blacked out and then I installed the Dakota digital gauges and the black gauge pods. This really completed the look.
Much better looking bike than being offered in the 18 model year.
I just need to have them fix the check engine and tpms issue.
It sure would be nice to finish out the riding season strong and trouble free.
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2017, 08:09:34 AM »

I sold my Black 15 CVO SG after 5000 miles just because the black was soo hard to keep clean. Black looked like it had new scratches every time after washing, even with micro fiber rags.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2017, 11:27:00 AM »

I sold my Black 15 CVO SG after 5000 miles just because the black was soo hard to keep clean. Black looked like it had new scratches every time after washing, even with micro fiber rags.

Unfortunately micro fiber rags just make alot more micro scratches which become very visible on the soft black trim pieces.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2017, 01:10:20 PM »

Unfortunately micro fiber rags just make alot more micro scratches which become very visible on the soft black trim pieces.

:confused5:
I'm not understanding how a micro fiber cloth is (making a lot more micro scratches).  Either these (soft black trim pieces) are now being made of some material too soft to really be used on a motorcycle,  or the guy doing the cleaning/polishing is not doing the job correctly.........re: dirty cloth or excessive dry wiping or whatever.

I have a '14 SG Special and it is black and I often clean off the front fairing below the windshield with a micro fiber.   No problems/no scratches. :nixweiss:

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2017, 01:14:06 PM »

:confused5:
I'm not understanding how a micro fiber cloth is (making a lot more micro scratches).  Either these (soft black trim pieces) are now being made of some material too soft to really be used on a motorcycle,  or the guy doing the cleaning/polishing is not doing the job correctly.........re: dirty cloth or excessive dry wiping or whatever.

I have a '14 SG Special and it is black and I often clean off the front fairing below the windshield with a micro fiber.   No problems/no scratches. :nixweiss:

Try it. Clean the black trim (not the fairing) with a clean microfiber cloth and report back.

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »

There are two principal manufacturers of microfiber, China and Korea. Typically the big box stores that sell the big packs of microfiber cloths Source them from China. You'll notice that those will typically be grabby on the skin particularly if you have dry skin and sometimes feel like Velcro. Those will leave scratches and micro abrasions.
Most reputable detailing companies source their premium microfiber from Korea which is held to a much higher standard than China. It is very soft,supple and will not cause micro abrasions or scratches. A good source for premium non marring microfiber is a company like Adam's polishes or equivalent.

NH Bulldog

• Full CVO Member
    • NH

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 CVO Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2017, 03:40:16 PM »

I am not trying to perpetuate this off-topic subject, but microfiber can and will scratch paint.  My friend owns a Mercedes dealership and their detailers only ever use 100% cotton, nothing synthetic.  I always have and always will, use nothing but 100% cotton to both wash and dry my bike. 
2017 CVO Limited - Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue with Wicked Sapphire
Red Knights MAL

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2017, 05:15:53 PM »

High quality microfiber doesn't scratch by itself, but of course any particles embedded in it will.  Btw, unfortunately these days there is a lot of pure crap out of China being sold as microfiber.  You aren't going to find the good stuff at cut rate prices.

I've noticed a lot of comments in recent years from people who claim to never use a hose or water when cleaning their bike.  I don't care what kind of cloth or detail spray they use when wiping down a dirty bike, they will get scratches.  The first part of a proper wash, IMHO, is rinsing off as much of the dirt and debris as possible before touching the surface with any kind of sponge/cloth/towel/etc.  It also makes a difference if you rub in circles versus cleaning in straight lines.  Swirl marks aren't caused by straight line wiping, if you know what I mean.

If the black gloss Harley uses had a properly catalyzed and fully cured clear coat finish, it's unlikely people would be seeing visible scratches and swirls after one or two cleanings.  I have no idea what material they are using, but it sounds cheap and soft based on all the comments.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

I called yesterday to schedule an appointment with Shenandoah Harley to address the check engine light as well as the tpms which they didn't repair.
 I was informed by their acting service manager that the owner of the company told him my bike isn't welcome back to his shop.
So they over charge me, lie to me on more than one occasion, ruin my entire riding season, actually damaged my property while in their possession, return the product to me with check engine light on which the bike never had, didn't fix the tpms as they were supposed to do.
Then the POS owner washes his hands of my bike as if he did nothing wrong.
 If that is the way Canadians do business to come down here and buy companies, fire everyone involved in the business that is honest and then hand selects trained crooks to execute his dirty and crooked business practices.
Then we don't need them in our country.
Not one ounce of pride or dignity in him or his wife as they have no respect for their customers let alone their employees and it really shows.
I have recently found out about his reputation with the local harley riders. They have all abandoned Shenandoah Harley. I found out that all of the good mechanics left that dump and went to work for a local company.
The owners do not release their names and if they do call you it is from a number that cannot be traced back to them.
They are very skilled at this game as I understand they own POS car dealerships in Canada.
When I informed him of the VA LEMON LAW he couldn't get my bike thrown together fast enough and out of the doors and will not allow it back in his shop.
Even when his half assed mechanic messed my bike up, scratched it all to hell and then pushes me out the door.
I have never encountered such an event in my life.
They refused to provide me with a final service invoice for the repairs.
The owner had his employees scam me out of real hard earned cash and execute such a horrible customer service experience that I am about done with Harley as you know they are working hand in hand behind the scenes.
The owners first names are Lyndt and Michelle.
Once I can get a bead on their last name I will let everyone know so that the crooks are exposed.
Pure trash from the bottom to the top.

J.D.

Is there any attorney can do for you at this point?  Why should you, or anyone, accept this.

I still think there's someone at corporate Harley who finds this situation far beyond acceptable.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

Is there any attorney can do for you at this point?  Why should you, or anyone, accept this.

I still think there's someone at corporate Harley who finds this situation far beyond acceptable.
I tried contacting the CEO MATT LEVOTICH with no avail. Tried his assistant with no success.
Was sent thru to their customer service supervisor to get a stonewall heartless not so kind lady.
I am just done with this entire pain in the ass situation.
Harley customer service is horrendous.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

At this point it appears you have been royally screwed.  Another dealership can still take care of warranty work (you don't have to take the bike to the selling dealer), but warranty isn't going to pay for the damage done by the previous dealership, nor will it  pay your consequential damages such as lost deposits, lost riding time, etc.  If you don't want to hire an attorney or contact the State Attorney General's office, I don't know what other options you have besides just fixing everything at your own expense and chalking the whole thing up to a lesson learned, assuming it has been learned.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

I was able to find out the last name of the scum bag owners of Shenandoah Harley Davidson. They are Lindt & Michelle Hurdman from Canada. They do not own anymore car dealerships and only own this harley dealership now.
I went by the dealership today to pick up a few leftover parts left there which they couldn't find by the way. When I was there  I bumped in to an ex employee that I thought still worked there.
 To make a long story short he told me while he worked there that he bought a 2015 street bob.
He bought the bike and rode it for 3500 miles,  one day he gets a call from his boss telling him he needs to ride the bike back in and swap it out. They titled and financed a different street bob with more miles and an odd ball color. Hook line and sinker
They won't refund him or even swap the bikes out and stuck him with it. I guess that's one way to sell an odd ball colored bike.
Needless to say the employee chose a more reputable employer.
Also spoke to another ex employee that left during my debacle who witnessed most of the situation first hand. He told me today that he had to leave the dealership because of all of the wrong doings that they have going on over there at Shenandoah Harley.
They are running a very unethical business to have those Canadians pulling strings screwing the local community and making the people he hires to be the ones that executes the crooked transactions. This other ex employee just left there to go to a more reputable dealership with better opportunities but was also slighted a lot of cash owed to him by Shenandoah Harley Davidson. So they are also not only screwing their customers out of hard earned cash they are also screwing their employees out of their pay as well.
I am going to continue to dig up as much crap on these scum bags as possible to expose their unethical business practices to everyone that will listen to me.
I want to send a clear message to them
That's not how business is done here in the United States of America, we actually stand up for our values, morals and ethics.
I am about unleash hell on to those scum bags.
Now I have several witnesses willing to join me as well as a few more willing to speak about it.
I will promise Lindt & Michelle  one thing, he has screwed the wrong guy this time.

J.D.

Giddy up.  :orange: :mango: :apple: :pineapple: :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 22 queries.