Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Wild Hogs Movie Review  (Read 9640 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: Wild Hogs Movie Review
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2007, 09:01:42 AM »

And they are the toughest Harleys I've ever seen.  As much as they crash they never barke anything.

And more importanlty, they do not seem concerned about the damage.  When my bike gets rained on, I'm stressed until I can clean it!
 :nervous:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

cigarmike

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2007, 01:41:48 PM »

Another thing that was wrong with the movie, these guys at their age would be on baggers.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2007, 01:47:18 PM »

Another thing that was wrong with the movie, these guys at their age would be on baggers.

Not if they'd just bought their first bike.  Guys that buy their first bikes get Fatboys and Dynas and Springers.  Then they either don't ride them enough to figure out they can't really go anyplace and it doesn't matter.  Or they find out they can't really go anyplace and it does matter and they get a bagger.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2007, 01:53:26 PM »

:o one of my buddies who just turned 53, sold his gold wing to buy an new Vegas Jackpot because it was makin him feel old, I just laughed and ask him where he was going to store all the chit he was use too lugging around  ;)  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2007, 01:56:48 PM »

Not if they'd just bought their first bike.  Guys that buy their first bikes get Fatboys and Dynas and Springers.  Then they either don't ride them enough to figure out they can't really go anyplace and it doesn't matter.  Or they find out they can't really go anyplace and it does matter and they get a bagger.

So true!!! My first H-D was a Fatboy. Put 30K on it and enjoyed every mile. Only thing I didn't like about it was after a long day in the saddle (several hundred miles) when I reached destination all the guys on baggers (or bikes w/windshields) weren't as tired as I was. I'd get off the bike, have an adult beverage and want to take a nap. :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »

This is my third softail, and second Fatboy, and I would have it no other way, detachable bags and windshields make them much more versatile than a bagger, and you can strip them down when your just headin over to your local watering hole and not look like a two wheel tour bus. I noticed this, if you don't have a bagger your not a "real biker" attitude amongst a few of the members here, must come with old age  ;)
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2007, 03:11:36 PM »

I noticed this, if you don't have a bagger your not a "real biker" attitude amongst a few of the members here, must come with old age  ;)

Wisdom and mileage per year often come with it as well.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2007, 03:20:40 PM »

I noticed this, if you don't have a bagger your not a "real biker" attitude amongst a few of the members here, must come with old age  ;)

Never said that at all.  Simply commented on what the predominant trend is.  Not just among the group here either, but amongst the riding population at large.  It is a predominant trend.  Not universal of course.  But there's no doubt to fact that those that tend to ride more covering longer distances end up doing it on bikes built more with that in mind.  Not good or bad or right or wrong.  Just is.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2007, 03:38:02 PM »

dood, at our age a nap sounds good at any time of the day for any reason!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2007, 04:49:32 PM »

......It is a predominant trend.  Not universal of course.  But there's no doubt to fact that those that tend to ride more covering longer distances end up doing it on bikes built more with that in mind.  Not good or bad or right or wrong.  Just is.

I believe that the Touring category continues to grow, although as one would expect, there are exceptions to every generality. I have a friend with a ‘96 883 Hugger that had 83,000 + miles as of 9-2006. Her goal is to break 100k with it before she considers another machine.

I have another friend in his late 50’s that put 90,400 miles on a ’97 FXD. He currently has a ’06 FLSTFSE2 that he put 12,200 on last year; I believe that he picked the ’06 up in July.

My wife has a ’02 Heritage with 40k on it; I put about 6,300 of those on. I guess the Heritage is really a bagger; call it Bagger Lite.

I personally have ridden a Bagger since I was 25. I put 50k on my ’02 Road Glide, but with the chopped windshield it feels like something more than that; wouldn't have it any other way.

djkak

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »

I believe that the Touring category continues to grow, although as one would expect, there are exceptions to every generality. I have a friend with a ‘96 883 Hugger that had 83,000 + miles as of 9-2006. Her goal is to break 100k with it before she considers another machine.

I have another friend in his late 50’s that put 90,400 miles on a ’97 FXD. He currently has a ’06 FLSTFSE2 that he put 12,200 on last year; I believe that he picked the ’06 up in July.

My wife has a ’02 Heritage with 40k on it; I put about 6,300 of those on. I guess the Heritage is really a bagger; call it Bagger Lite.

I personally have ridden a Bagger since I was 25. I put 50k on my ’02 Road Glide, but with the chopped windshield it feels like something more than that; wouldn't have it any other way.

djkak

That's it dj, ride the wheels of of them! I kinda changed from only Street Bikes, to having both back in '95. I sold my Dyna Convertible (considered my trip bike back then) for a '96 RK. I got spoiled so much on that rolling Barcolounger, I haven't used anything else since then. This is my 5th. I tried an FLHTC in '98. Brand new, and it lasted 1 month! Didn't like it at all and traded it in for another RK. Most of my friends are on Dyna Super Glides. Some of my friends also won't give up their Rigid Panhead choppers, even on trips. But they walk funny now at the end of the day! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2007, 06:34:58 PM »

I like riding with non-baggers. Free food and fuel for hauling all their junk around.

Chief

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2007, 08:13:10 PM »

Just saw it and was pleased to see Peter Fonda in it. If you've ever done a cross country trip you'll appreciate the movie. Not real life but it wasn't intended to be. I'll wager a lot of people on this site can tell some tales that will elicit some equally uproarious belly laughs. I LOVED the scenes at the very end during the credits. Hope you all stayed to see them!  :huepfenjump3:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2007, 11:18:05 PM »

Here's my take:
Good funny movie that kept me laughing.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2007, 08:15:44 AM »

Here's my take:
Good funny movie that kept me laughing.

Totally agree.  We were laughing right from the start. :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.